The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

US needs to quit bragging that it's #1....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

US needs to quit bragging that it's #1.... Empty
PostSubject: US needs to quit bragging that it's #1....   US needs to quit bragging that it's #1.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 4:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: US needs to quit bragging that it's #1....   US needs to quit bragging that it's #1.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:36 am

And the US will continue to slide as long as the liberal agenda is pushed... They are brainwashing Americans into thinking the government can take care of everything.. Nobody is willing to work hard and be responsible for themselves anymore, they just want hand outs...
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: US needs to quit bragging that it's #1....   US needs to quit bragging that it's #1.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:35 pm

I found it odd how he points out how good things were in the 50's and how the US truly was on top back then yet he tends to mock the beliefs and values held in the US back in the 50's.

With the exception to discrimation to minorities and women (which was unfortunately rampant back then), I wish many of the values from back in the 50's still existed today.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: US needs to quit bragging that it's #1....   US needs to quit bragging that it's #1.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:07 pm

Wyatt Earp wrote:
I found it odd how he points out how good things were in the 50's and how the US truly was on top back then yet he tends to mock the beliefs and values held in the US back in the 50's.

With the exception to discrimation to minorities and women (which was unfortunately rampant back then), I wish many of the values from back in the 50's still existed today.

Maybe I heard him wrong but he never claimed to be a fan of the 50's. I think he was just referring to that time period when the US really was #1. Over the past decade we have done nothing but drop...drop....drop.... I hope someday we can be on top again but as long as people act content with the way things are and continue to believe that for some reason we are a world leader in health care, etc.. we aren't going to improve. We'll more than likely just go further down the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US needs to quit bragging that it's #1....   US needs to quit bragging that it's #1.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US needs to quit bragging that it's #1....
Page 1 of 1