The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!

Go down 
+3
The Drifter
Mongo
Outcast
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Outcast
Homesteader
Homesteader
Outcast

Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! Empty
PostSubject: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Obama is showing his true colors. We need to wake up and stop being apathetic!

1) He gives tax dollars to bail corporate american company that has been screwing the public for years - General Motors. Was that giving it to big business or big labour? Obviously both.

2) He backs off and gives bonuses to AIG pigs (who we all know are better than we are...and deserves it...right?)

3) He wants healthcare reform, but get this....he refuses tort reform! For big lawsuits! He allies with his buddies and crooks - the fat cat attornies. You gave got to be kidding me!

4) Obama's Attorney General refuses to prosecute ACORN Black Panthers who, in Philadelphia were actually filmed showing these "elite characters" intimidating folks at a voting pole during the recent presidental election calling them disparaging, racist names.

In short, forget it ............ OBAMA IS PRESIDENT, and it's his agenda....

Last edited by Judge Roy Bean on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:33 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Caps removed, cleaned up, adding bold and und underlined text.)
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:23 pm

I think Outcast makes some valid points.

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Outcast makes some very good points. thumb Flag

and Welcome to the Outpost..... Outcast. Beer Toast
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:54 pm

Certainly we all remember this?

Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:57 pm

I'm on the slow computer connection at the moment, so the videos are taking me forever to load, but I wanted to ask, are there any links regarding the decision of non-prosecution by the AG?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:06 pm

Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:31 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124451552193396877.html

I think that we can both agree that voter intimidation isn't something done just by the black panthers. There were a total of three black panthers. There were charges brought against them for voter intimidation that was later dropped. When the republicans have people walking through the line mentioning to people that if you have outstanding parking tickets, etc.. that you will be arrested to get people to leave, there needs to be a bit of African American security. We do remember when the republicans were saying they were going to see to it that people on foreclosure lists weren't going to be able to vote. People were also called and told that because of the polls being overwhelmed that they should show up the day after to place their vote. Most of these calls were made to African American democrats. "Poll Watchers" go down the line and pick out the black people in line and ask for two forms of picture ID and if they are really registered to vote. They say that in person voter fraud is such a horrible out of control problem when in the state of Indiana not one person has ever been convicted of in person voter fraud. It's just a way to scare African Americans away from the voter booths (since the majority are democrats) because they are already afraid of "the man" to begin with. Three black panthers showing up to poll watch is small potatoes and they probably feel they need to be there so their fellow African Americans can vote without being harassed by republican poll watchers demanding ID when they aren't even in charge.

Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:55 pm

No need for racist black panthers for "security".. There were African American policemen on the job..
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:04 pm

I can't support the bringing of weapons to the polling place, no matter who brings them...well, other than actual hired security or police officers.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:43 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
No need for racist black panthers for "security".. There were African American policemen on the job..
So you think the police department should send black police officers to the scene? Boy, that would go over like a lead balloon with republicans. doh
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:49 pm

^ Did you not see the black policemen in the videos??
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:54 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:

Let me start this by saying that I DO NOT support the actions of the Black Panthers in question. They had a weapon. Done deal for me.

I think that there is some confusion, however. Maybe it's mine. The police officers, including the black one, weren't on security at the poling place, were they? They were called TO the polling place BECAUSE of the presence of the Black Panthers with the weapon, right?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:00 pm

Outcast wrote:
Obama is showing his true colors. We need to wake up and stop being apathetic!

1) He gives tax dollars to bail corporate american company that has been screwing the public for years - General Motors. Was that giving it to big business or big labour? Obviously both.

So did Bush. What do you suggest President Obama do to save the car companies or are you one of those who thinks we should sit back and do nothing while the country goes down the tubes?

2) He backs off and gives bonuses to AIG pigs (who we all know are better than we are...and deserves it...right?)

What about the class envy in this statement? Anyway, they get their bonuses but we get their hefty taxes paid on those bonuses....to the tune of about 165 million dollars. Those rich suckers are going to pay their dues one way or another. Bush certainly wasn't going to touch their precious money.

3) He wants healthcare reform, but get this....he refuses tort reform! For big lawsuits! He allies with his buddies and crooks - the fat cat attornies. You gave got to be kidding me!

I was involved in a medical malpractice suit. Why? Because the doctor destroyed my life and my health. If doctors don't want to be sued, they need to do their job well and not pretend like they are GOD. And I suppose you don't think that "fat cat" doctors are chumming up to the republican party over this whole tort reform crap. You have got to be kidding me!

4) Obama's Attorney General refuses to prosecute ACORN Black Panthers who, in Philadelphia were actually filmed showing these "elite characters" intimidating folks at a voting pole during the recent presidental election calling them disparaging, racist names.

In short, forget it ............ OBAMA IS PRESIDENT, and it's his agenda....

As I have shown below, three black panthers is small potatoes to the thousands of republicans who participated in voter intimidation in one way or another during the past couple of elections. And yes, President Obama is our president because the majority of Americans were tired of what had been going on for the past eight years. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:02 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

Let me start this by saying that I DO NOT support the actions of the Black Panthers in question. They had a weapon. Done deal for me.

I think that there is some confusion, however. Maybe it's mine. The police officers, including the black one, weren't on security at the poling place, were they? They were called TO the polling place BECAUSE of the presence of the Black Panthers with the weapon, right?

I have no idea if the police were just there or if they were called. I'm sure that some nervous republicans didn't like the sight of big black males especially carrying a baton. That was a bad idea on their part for sure. But Lucas suggests having all black police officers protect black voters. Yeah right, on what planet would that be allowed. Too bad more people didn't call the police on all the white people walking around telling people they were going to be arrested if they cast their vote for Obama that day. The jails would have been full all over the Bible belt.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:05 pm

I think the police were called when the panthers started their intimidation.. Does it matter??
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:09 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

I have no idea if the police were just there or if they were called. I'm sure that some nervous republicans didn't like the sight of big black males especially carrying a baton. That was a bad idea on their part for sure. But Lucas suggests having all black police officers protect black voters. Yeah right, on what planet would that be allowed. Too bad more people didn't call the police on all the white people walking around telling people they were going to be arrested if they cast their vote for Obama that day. The jails would have been full all over the Bible belt.

I don't think that Lucas is suggesting that at all. I may be wrong, but I think that he was saying that since there WAS a black policeman included in those that responded, that the issue of race became obsolete.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:

I think the police were called when the panthers started their intimidation.. Does it matter??

Not really. I thought that you were saying that the Black Panthers weren't necessary BECAUSE there were policeman already there. My misunderstanding, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:21 pm

^ The panthers were NOT necessary at all.. Especially for "security" reasons.. They are not the police or security guards although they do have the right to be there as long as they behave..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:42 pm

I apologize. I did totally misread that. Sorry Lucas. I thought you said they should have had black police officers there to protect the black voters. It's hard keeping up with all of this. Bang Head
Back to top Go down
Roy Rogers
Homesteader
Homesteader
Roy Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 2:41 pm

It appears that Outcast's #4 is the only point, anybody has any problem with. Interesting.

I, however, agree with #4, as well as #3, but have a problem with numbers 1 and 2.

1. GWB should have force an override of a veto back when the it was proposed. That whole thing is on him. No loan, no way to buy the Unions votes. BHO simply took advantage of George's bad decision.

2. GWB not exercising his veto, again. AIG should have never received a penny with no strings attached, strings like GM had. Since there were no stipulations attached to their bailout that would result in contract changes, such as would result through bankruptcy, AIG was bound by contract to pay those bonuses. Since there were no stipulations on the bailout, there was nothing Obama could do. Be mad at congress and GWB, not BHO.

Outcast, you left out the biggest problem. The BHO administration's refusal to allow banks to return TARP money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!   Wake up, apathetic masses!  Obama is showing his true colors! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wake up, apathetic masses! Obama is showing his true colors!
Page 1 of 1