The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Public Plan Deception

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

The Public Plan Deception Empty
PostSubject: The Public Plan Deception   The Public Plan Deception I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:05 am

The Democrats have been promoting a public healthcare plan "option" as being all about consumer "choice" and market "competition". But is this really the case?

Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: The Public Plan Deception   The Public Plan Deception I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:10 pm

Roy

Do you believe they really intend for us to keep our present coverage if we wish? I don't. There are too many things being said that leads me to believe they are after the whole cake.

Can anyone give me a reason why we should trust our government to run the health care business. I can't think of ONE.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: The Public Plan Deception   The Public Plan Deception I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:13 pm

What is your solution to the current health-care crisis?
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: The Public Plan Deception   The Public Plan Deception I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 3:03 pm

gringaloca wrote:

Well Gringa, I don't think I'm smart enough to come up with a "solution" but I have heard some very good ideas.

The one I like the most involves a whole lot of personal responsibility. Current insurance premiums cover too many things. Insurance should only cover unexpected illnesses and medicines. The same for govt provided coverage. For instance...Having a cold, flu, headache, upset stomach and other such illnesses should be paid for by everyone that can. Things like broken bones, surgeries, cancer, and other diseases is what insurance should be for.

If these burdens were taken away from insurance companies the cost would drop dramatically and then maybe something could be provided to people that can't afford even the simplest of health care. It would be kept in the private sector and IMO would be better.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: The Public Plan Deception   The Public Plan Deception I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:49 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

Well Gringa, I don't think I'm smart enough to come up with a "solution" but I have heard some very good ideas.

The one I like the most involves a whole lot of personal responsibility. Current insurance premiums cover too many things. Insurance should only cover unexpected illnesses and medicines. The same for govt provided coverage. For instance...Having a cold, flu, headache, upset stomach and other such illnesses should be paid for by everyone that can. Things like broken bones, surgeries, cancer, and other diseases is what insurance should be for.

If these burdens were taken away from insurance companies the cost would drop dramatically and then maybe something could be provided to people that can't afford even the simplest of health care. It would be kept in the private sector and IMO would be better.

If I had to pay for every sniffle that my child has had or every time I got strep throat, etc.. I would be filing for bankruptcy before you know it. I'm barely getting by as is. Nearly half of bankruptcies are due to medical bills. That will only go up if what you said happens. Who pays for bankruptcies? We all do in taxes. Either way, we're all going to pay for it so why not supply people who are uninsured/under-insured with insurance? At least something positive would come from it and we may even end up saving money in the long wrong because doctors wouldn't be able to charge outrageous bills anymore. They need to be regulated along with the pharmaceutical companies. When they are charging $75 a pill for something that cost 10 cents to make, something is wrong.

I talked to my husband about it and his comment was this.

Not everybody goes to the doctor for a tummy ache. They usually hit the pepto or other remedy. Stomach problems, headaches, etc.. can be symptoms of something more serious. In my case, I had a horrible "tummy ache" and I ended up losing my entire colon. If you tell people that they have to pay for their basic care and wellness check ups, lots of people aren't going to go. It's hard enough to get some people to go to the doctor because they hate doctors and hospitals. Imagine if they all had to pay for it. Anyway, these people who don't catch their illnesses early on are more likely to let something go too far. Then they will incur HUGE medical expenses trying to get control over something that just started out as a sniffle. It will be harder to control disease outbreaks, etc. We are (or were) one of the wealthiest countries in the world and while every other wealthy country provides their citizens with health-care, we do not. Why? Because the health industry is totally out of control. They have the money (like oil companies) to lobby Washington to get what they want. They also have the money to create huge scare tactics to make Americans afraid of "medicare" for all. They certainly aren't going to go around talking about the successes of universal health-care in other countries because they want us much money as they can swindle. They have nobody to blame but themselves for what is happening now. If they hadn't of been so greedy and gone buck wild with their money people wouldn't be looking for some sort of change in the system. Just like the car makers. They saw this coming a mile away but kept on raping the citizens of this country of their money. It says in the declaration of independence that as American citizens we have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I believe that universal healthcare falls under life and we all deserve to live our lives with the best care available. If universal healthcare becomes available and we have the option to pick which one we can have, I will research it greatly before I decide. I have private insurance and medicare (and still have health bills galore). I know that medicare isn't the greatest at paying everything but I know several people who would love to have something rather than nothing. And I think as a Christian paying something in taxes to help my fellow man is the right thing to do. Jesus wanted us to give everything we had to the poor. As Americans I know the majority of us are not doing that (myself included) because we all love our little luxuries but I wouldn't hesitate a second to give some of our monthly earnings to a family who needs the help. In fact I would be honored to and I hope that when I go to heaven that God knows that I didn't complain about it. Angel
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: The Public Plan Deception   The Public Plan Deception I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:42 pm

gringaloca wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

If I had to pay for every sniffle that my child has had or every time I got strep throat, etc.. I would be filing for bankruptcy before you know it. I'm barely getting by as is. Nearly half of bankruptcies are due to medical bills. That will only go up if what you said happens. Who pays for bankruptcies? We all do in taxes. Either way, we're all going to pay for it so why not supply people who are uninsured/under-insured with insurance? At least something positive would come from it and we may even end up saving money in the long wrong because doctors wouldn't be able to charge outrageous bills anymore. They need to be regulated along with the pharmaceutical companies. When they are charging $75 a pill for something that cost 10 cents to make, something is wrong.

I talked to my husband about it and his comment was this.

Not everybody goes to the doctor for a tummy ache. They usually hit the pepto or other remedy. Stomach problems, headaches, etc.. can be symptoms of something more serious. In my case, I had a horrible "tummy ache" and I ended up losing my entire colon. If you tell people that they have to pay for their basic care and wellness check ups, lots of people aren't going to go. It's hard enough to get some people to go to the doctor because they hate doctors and hospitals. Imagine if they all had to pay for it. Anyway, these people who don't catch their illnesses early on are more likely to let something go too far. Then they will incur HUGE medical expenses trying to get control over something that just started out as a sniffle. It will be harder to control disease outbreaks, etc. We are (or were) one of the wealthiest countries in the world and while every other wealthy country provides their citizens with health-care, we do not. Why? Because the health industry is totally out of control. They have the money (like oil companies) to lobby Washington to get what they want. They also have the money to create huge scare tactics to make Americans afraid of "medicare" for all. They certainly aren't going to go around talking about the successes of universal health-care in other countries because they want us much money as they can swindle. They have nobody to blame but themselves for what is happening now. If they hadn't of been so greedy and gone buck wild with their money people wouldn't be looking for some sort of change in the system. Just like the car makers. They saw this coming a mile away but kept on raping the citizens of this country of their money. It says in the declaration of independence that as American citizens we have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I believe that universal healthcare falls under life and we all deserve to live our lives with the best care available. If universal healthcare becomes available and we have the option to pick which one we can have, I will research it greatly before I decide. I have private insurance and medicare (and still have health bills galore). I know that medicare isn't the greatest at paying everything but I know several people who would love to have something rather than nothing. And I think as a Christian paying something in taxes to help my fellow man is the right thing to do. Jesus wanted us to give everything we had to the poor. As Americans I know the majority of us are not doing that (myself included) because we all love our little luxuries but I wouldn't hesitate a second to give some of our monthly earnings to a family who needs the help. In fact I would be honored to and I hope that when I go to heaven that God knows that I didn't complain about it. Angel

It's obvious you only read the first few sentences of my post. Maybe you should read it again.

I would also like to make one thing very clear. My wife and I pay taxes galore and we don't begrudge it. I have zero problem paying taxes or giving money for those in need, I do it on a regular basis. However, I do have a problem with being taxed to provide for the ones that are simply not willing to be responsible for anything. Believe it or not, there are plenty of people that are bottom feeders, they really do exist.

BHO should be happy to know that we do distribute our wealth (if you could call it that) at my house. We try to distribute it to where we think it will be justified. Don't take this wrong and please give it some serious thought before you reply. EVERY single human in our country do not have a RIGHT to your or my time, money or property.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: The Public Plan Deception   The Public Plan Deception I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 3:09 am

I read your whole post. I don't know why you think I didn't. If you misunderstood where I said people would incur huge medical expenses if they waited too long, I meant from the doctors stand point. If you wait too long it becomes more expensive and can cause treatment to last longer/possibly forever when it could have been caught early and prevented. Plus some people with cancer, etc. will get there simply too late because they didn't have the money to pay for these check-ups.

Another problem is that there are "bottom feeders". There will always be bottom feeders and we will always be paying for those bottom feeders one way or another. Even the bottom feeders are humans and even though they don't contribute anything to society, they do deserve the rights we all deserve as American citizens. They are human and they are American citizens, like it or not. We can't be the morality police and we can't make people get up off their butts if they don't want to. What do you suggest we do with these people? Should we leave them out on the streets in cardboard boxes, starving and refuse to treat them at the hospital so we can save a buck on our paychecks? If we do treat them at the hospital without insurance, you and I will still end up paying for it anyway. So why not give them insurance? What difference does it make? It will help a lot more deserving people than it will "bottom feeders" anyway. We can't punish those who are at rock bottom with good reasons simply because there are some lazy butts out there. We are all equal in Gods eyes.

PS I'm not going to give anyone "my" property and I don't know of anyone who wants to take it. And I'm willing to give my money in taxes if I know that it is helping people get health-care, lazy or deserving. If it's going to help someone not be sick, then that sounds great by me. Maybe if they are well they can go get a job.
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: The Public Plan Deception   The Public Plan Deception I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:12 am

gringaloca wrote:
Even the bottom feeders are humans and even though they don't contribute anything to society, they do deserve the rights we all deserve as American citizens.
Do the unborn deserve those same rights?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: The Public Plan Deception   The Public Plan Deception I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:20 pm

I think this is getting WAY off subject.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: The Public Plan Deception   The Public Plan Deception I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:17 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Public Plan Deception   The Public Plan Deception I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Public Plan Deception
Page 1 of 1