The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Write in candidate 2012?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

Write in candidate 2012? Empty
PostSubject: Write in candidate 2012?   Write in candidate 2012? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:16 pm

I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE.
HERE IS MY PLATFORM:

(1) 'Press 1 for English' is immediately banned. English is the official language. Speak it or wait at the border until you can.

(2) We will immediately go into a two year isolationist posture to straighten out the country's attitude. NO imports, no exports. We will use the Wal-Mart policy, Smile 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.

(3) When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it.

(4) All retired military personnel will be required to man one of our many observation towers on the southern border (six month tour). They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTHBOUND aliens..

(5) Social security will immediately return to its original state. If you didn't put nuttin in, you ain't getting nuttin out. Neither the president nor any other politician will be able to touch it.

(6) Welfare - Checks will be handed out on Fridays at the end of the 40 hour school week and the successful completion of urinalysis and a passing grade.

(7) Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method, the first time you steal, you lose your right hand. There are no more life sentences. If convicted of murder, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for your victim; gun, knife, strangulation, etc.

(8) One export will be allowed, Wheat. The world needs to eat. A bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil.

(9) All foreign aid using American taxpayer money will immediately cease, and the saved money will pay off the national debt and ultimately lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask the American people if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision whether it's a worthy cause.

(11) The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school and every day in Congress…………..Mandatory, no exceptions!

(12) The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc. …………….Mandatory, no exceptions!

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes

GOD BLESS AMERICA
..............Bill Cosby

(this was taken from a Bill Cosby act/speech, although imo there is alot of truth to this I was just trying to lighten some things up around here, lol))

Last edited by Annie Oakley on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo in title)
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Write in candidate 2012?   Write in candidate 2012? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:13 pm

I disagree with parts of each of these points. I'm bored, so I will take them one by one. Wink

The Drifter wrote:
I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE.
HERE IS MY PLATFORM:

(1) 'Press 1 for English' is immediately banned. English is the official language. Speak it or wait at the border until you can. I have no problem with multiculturalism. I do think that all Americans should become fluent in English, but would not prohibit non-English speaking people from emigrating to our country.

(2) We will immediately go into a two year isolationist posture to straighten out the country's attitude. NO imports, no exports. We will use the Wal-Mart policy, Smile 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it. I'm not a big fan of anything isolationist in nature. We are all part of this world, not apart from it.

(3) When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it. Not economically savvy.

(4) All retired military personnel will be required to man one of our many observation towers on the southern border (six month tour). They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTHBOUND aliens.. I would never promote the shooting of unarmed people. Very un-Christian. Further, I would not REQUIRE anything of any retired military personnel. They've served their time away from their families and many of them are owed more than we can ever give them.

(5) Social security will immediately return to its original state. If you didn't put nuttin in, you ain't getting nuttin out. Neither the president nor any other politician will be able to touch it. I'm fine with this one, except for spouses being able to draw from their husband/wife.

(6) Welfare - Checks will be handed out on Fridays at the end of the 40 hour school week and the successful completion of urinalysis and a passing grade. Forcing kids to come to school because of a judge's order (ie, they don't want to be there) is one of the worst things, IMO as a teacher. Those 5% are the ones that cause 95% of the problems in school. If schools had the right to kick out those that refuse to be educated and simply want to cause trouble, then I might be on board with this. Also, I worry for those kids that are wanting an education whose parents might not pass the urinalysis. What do we do with those kids? Surely we won't let them starve? I don't think that adoption/foster care is the answer, as we have way too many kids that no one will adopt/foster now. I honestly don't know what the best answer is for this one.

(7) Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method, the first time you steal, you lose your right hand. There are no more life sentences. If convicted of murder, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for your victim; gun, knife, strangulation, etc. None of this seems very Christian to me, so I can't support it.

(8) One export will be allowed, Wheat. The world needs to eat. A bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil. Again, not economically savvy.

(9) All foreign aid using American taxpayer money will immediately cease, and the saved money will pay off the national debt and ultimately lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask the American people if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision whether it's a worthy cause. Not a bad idea. The problem, again, is we a part of this world. You never know when we might need help from our neighbors.

(11) The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school and every day in Congress…………..Mandatory, no exceptions! You can't mandate patriotism. Better to teach what makes our country so great, including admitting to mistakes, but showing how we have overcame our mistakes. Forcing someone to say the words is pointless, if it's not felt in the heart. Understand, I am a teacher and I have a photo of my father (Vietnam vet) and my deceased uncle (Korean War vet) directly above and below the flag in my classroom with a sign that says "my reasons for saying the pledge." I demand that during the pledge time that students either say it OR remain silent in respect. I tell them that that is my 20 seconds to think about my dad, my uncle and all of my former students who have served/are serving in the military.

(12) The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc. …………….Mandatory, no exceptions! I'd say that each group has the right to determine whether this is appropriate or not, and am not in favor of a mandate.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes

GOD BLESS AMERICA
..............Bill Cosby

(this was taken from a Bill Cosby act/speech, although imo there is alot of truth to this I was just trying to lighten some things up around here, lol))
[i]
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Write in candidate 2012?   Write in candidate 2012? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:46 am

^ Annie, like I said in my last line , I was just trying to lighten some things up. thumb
While I do agreee with alot of it in principle I do think that some are wrong. I do absolutey agree with the Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem points though, NO Exceptions, should the ACLU or anyone else for that matter not like it......I don't care. Razz
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Write in candidate 2012?   Write in candidate 2012? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:24 am

The Drifter wrote:
^ Annie, like I said in my last line , I was just trying to lighten some things up. thumb
While I do agreee with alot of it in principle I do think that some are wrong. I do absolutey agree with the Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem points though, NO Exceptions, should the ACLU or anyone else for that matter not like it......I don't care. Razz

Well, I'm not sure how it is to lighten things up when these are issues that some people (myself included) would very much oppose.

Again, I'm not in favor of the mindless recitation of the pledge. If it's not going to mean something to those saying it, what purpose does it serve?
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Write in candidate 2012?   Write in candidate 2012? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:09 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
The Drifter wrote:

Well, I'm not sure how it is to lighten things up when these are issues that some people (myself included) would very much oppose.

Again, I'm not in favor of the mindless recitation of the pledge. If it's not going to mean something to those saying it, what purpose does it serve?
While it may not be meaningful to some (a very few imo) then why take away the privlige and right of many to please a few? There is way too much of that kind of stuff in this country as it is. JMO
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Write in candidate 2012?   Write in candidate 2012? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:37 pm

The Drifter wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
The Drifter wrote:

While it may not be meaningful to some (a very few imo) then why take away the privlige and right of many to please a few? There is way too much of that kind of stuff in this country as it is. JMO

Maybe I misunderstood the intent of the "mandatory" nature. If it was meant that there will be a time allotted for it and those that want to recite it can, YES! I am all for it. As I said, I truly enjoy those 20 seconds each day that I get to say it (as a teacher). However, it the intent is that students are forced to say it, then no, I'm not in favor. I don't want meaningly recitation.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Write in candidate 2012?   Write in candidate 2012? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:14 pm

First thing, Bill Cosby would never write something like that. Anybody who has listened to Bill Cosby and his beliefs over the years would already know this. This email has also been circulated saying it was said by Robin William and George Carlin. They didn't write it either. Bill has even commented on this and said
Quote :
this hoax does not represent my views and in many respects is abhorrent to me. Apparently those bloggers and websites who continue to spread this hoax do not care to do even minimal fact checking.

I usually don't believe anything I receive in those crazy forwarded emails until I check them out and make sure they are actually factual.

And I fail to see the "light" side to this at all. It seems rather heavy to me and even bizarre at some points.

Link Debunking This Hoax Email

And for those of you who got the "Snopes.com is a secret democratic tool" forwarded email. Here is the facts from another website.

A quote from truthorfiction.com says
Quote :
The bottom line is that if you try to report the truth, there will be those who don't like the truth you've reported and who will develop suspicions about why you did.

Here is a link to the article regarding snopes
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Write in candidate 2012?   Write in candidate 2012? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:12 pm

gringaloca wrote:
First thing, Bill Cosby would never write something like that. Anybody who has listened to Bill Cosby and his beliefs over the years would already know this. This email has also been circulated saying it was said by Robin William and George Carlin. They didn't write it either. Bill has even commented on this and said
Quote :
this hoax does not represent my views and in many respects is abhorrent to me. Apparently those bloggers and websites who continue to spread this hoax do not care to do even minimal fact checking.

I usually don't believe anything I receive in those crazy forwarded emails until I check them out and make sure they are actually factual.

And I fail to see the "light" side to this at all. It seems rather heavy to me and even bizarre at some points.

Link Debunking This Hoax Email

And for those of you who got the "Snopes.com is a secret democratic tool" forwarded email. Here is the facts from another website.

A quote from truthorfiction.com says
Quote :
The bottom line is that if you try to report the truth, there will be those who don't like the truth you've reported and who will develop suspicions about why you did.

Here is a link to the article regarding snopes

Very interesting! I never thought about fact checking it. I'm glad to hear that Bill Cosby didn't say this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Write in candidate 2012?   Write in candidate 2012? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Write in candidate 2012?
Page 1 of 1