The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Obama Still In Favor Of Assault Weapons Ban

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

Obama Still In Favor Of Assault Weapons Ban Empty
PostSubject: Obama Still In Favor Of Assault Weapons Ban   Obama Still In Favor Of Assault Weapons Ban I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:49 pm

Don't get relaxed about the fact nothings happened yet, its still coming.

Obama: 'I have not backed off' on assault weapons ban

"I have not backed off at all from my belief that the assault weapons ban makes sense," Obama said, adding that he is not "under any illusions that reinstating that ban would be easy."
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: Obama Still In Favor Of Assault Weapons Ban   Obama Still In Favor Of Assault Weapons Ban I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:41 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Don't get relaxed about the fact nothings happened yet, its still coming.

Obama: 'I have not backed off' on assault weapons ban

"I have not backed off at all from my belief that the assault weapons ban makes sense," Obama said, adding that he is not "under any illusions that reinstating that ban would be easy."

When (most likely not if) Obama and Congress pass the Assault Weapons Ban, I hope it has a little more common sense than the previous ban which outlawed guns based more upon their appearance than the functionality.

My question is, how can a ban be passed w/o amending the wording of the second amendment. When it says, "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." a weapons ban would constitute infringement it would seem. I also wonder if legislation to tax ammunition would constitute infringement. Curious to see how this plays out.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Obama Still In Favor Of Assault Weapons Ban   Obama Still In Favor Of Assault Weapons Ban I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:11 pm

Wyatt Earp wrote:
When (most likely not if) Obama and Congress pass the Assault Weapons Ban, I hope it has a little more common sense than the previous ban which outlawed guns based more upon their appearance than the functionality.

My question is, how can a ban be passed w/o amending the wording of the second amendment. When it says, "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." a weapons ban would constitute infringement it would seem. I also wonder if legislation to tax ammunition would constitute infringement. Curious to see how this plays out.
You can bet common sense won't enter in to it, it never seems to with these type of bans. Most, if all, of Congress likely can't tell you what an assault weapon is.

My answer to your question about the 2nd Amendment is they can't in reality, but you can bet that won't stop them. They didn't seem to understand the "infringe" part the first time, they wont get it this time either.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Obama Still In Favor Of Assault Weapons Ban   Obama Still In Favor Of Assault Weapons Ban I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:27 am

I believe that it is definately coming and it will not stop there. This (the most anti gun administration in history) will not stop with that either. Obama, Clinton, Pelosi, Feinstien, Schumer and several other anti gun/anti 2nd amenmendment and anti Constitution of the United States are in power now and they will come after any gun, anywhere. I also agree that alot of people couldn't even define what an automatic weapon really is.
One other thing is that untill they can get all the guns and our freedoms and rights as mericans banned they will tax the ammo out of sight. Some ammo is already outragous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama Still In Favor Of Assault Weapons Ban   Obama Still In Favor Of Assault Weapons Ban I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obama Still In Favor Of Assault Weapons Ban
Page 1 of 1