The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Decriminalization of Marijuana?

Go down 
+4
Festus
Annie Oakley
Slayer
Judge Roy Bean
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

The Decriminalization of Marijuana? Empty
PostSubject: The Decriminalization of Marijuana?   The Decriminalization of Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:44 pm

What's your stance? For or against?

The California Legislature is currently considering the decriminalization of Marijuana in order to regulate and tax the farming and distribution of the drug. It's said that marijuana is California's biggest crop, that more than twice as much marijuana is grown and sold in California than grapes and vegetables. That's hundreds of millions of dollars in potential tax revenue for the State, annually.
Think how good this could be for the state of Kentucky. Think of how much money in taxes that would bring to the state of Kentucky, or any state that could grow it. Think of the tax revenues for all states in sales.
What's your opinion? What negatives do you see? What positives?
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Slayer
Homesteader
Homesteader
Slayer

PostSubject: Re: The Decriminalization of Marijuana?   The Decriminalization of Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:28 pm

When can we vote... sunny
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: The Decriminalization of Marijuana?   The Decriminalization of Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:44 pm

Slayer wrote:
When can we vote... sunny
:lol!: Good question, Ha ha!
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: The Decriminalization of Marijuana?   The Decriminalization of Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:03 pm

It's hard for me to wrap my mind around legalizing something that I have always considered to be wrong. I know that it's not a rational way to view it.
Back to top Go down
Festus
Festus

PostSubject: Re: The Decriminalization of Marijuana?   The Decriminalization of Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:22 pm

flower I think we'll have ❤ a hippie renaissance!
Back to top Go down
Ja'far
Wrangler
Wrangler
Ja'far

PostSubject: Re: The Decriminalization of Marijuana?   The Decriminalization of Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:14 pm

It would be the pragmatic thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: The Decriminalization of Marijuana?   The Decriminalization of Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:35 pm

Festus wrote:
flower I think we'll have ❤ a hippie renaissance!
Do you really enjoy tie-dyeing that much? :|
Back to top Go down
AnitaBeer
Homesteader
Homesteader
AnitaBeer

PostSubject: Re: The Decriminalization of Marijuana?   The Decriminalization of Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:12 am

It would certainly reduce the strain on the prisons. I have always thought it was ridiculous to waste prison space for victim-less crimes.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: The Decriminalization of Marijuana?   The Decriminalization of Marijuana? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:02 am

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
What's your stance? For or against?

The California Legislature is currently considering the decriminalization of Marijuana in order to regulate and tax the farming and distribution of the drug. It's said that marijuana is California's biggest crop, that more than twice as much marijuana is grown and sold in California than grapes and vegetables. That's hundreds of millions of dollars in potential tax revenue for the State, annually.
Think how good this could be for the state of Kentucky. Think of how much money in taxes that would bring to the state of Kentucky, or any state that could grow it. Think of the tax revenues for all states in sales.
What's your opinion? What negatives do you see? What positives?

I agree with you all the way. As a small time farmer myself I know how positive this could be. I'm all for it and think that in these economic times it is a great solution to our financial woes. I'll grow a couple of acres of it! I've got room. Just as long as the goats don't get in it and eat it up. Could you imagine? High goats? Good Lord! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Decriminalization of Marijuana?   The Decriminalization of Marijuana? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Decriminalization of Marijuana?
Page 1 of 1