The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just How Rich Are Our Poor?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

Just How Rich Are Our Poor? Empty
PostSubject: Just How Rich Are Our Poor?   Just How Rich Are Our Poor? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:55 pm

Quote :
It doesn't detract from the first lady's generous gesture or the real needs she seeks to highlight to ask two bothersome journalistic questions about these news photos:

If this unidentified meal recipient is too poor to buy his own food, how does he afford a cellphone?

And if he is homeless, where do they send the cellphone bills?

Just How Rich Are Our Poor? Obamamichmiriamsappablomartnzmonsiv

Weird/Odd

Source
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Just How Rich Are Our Poor?   Just How Rich Are Our Poor? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:02 pm

The Obamas are from the Clinton school on photo-ops... Laughing
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Just How Rich Are Our Poor?   Just How Rich Are Our Poor? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:59 pm

Mongo wrote:
Quote :
It doesn't detract from the first lady's generous gesture or the real needs she seeks to highlight to ask two bothersome journalistic questions about these news photos:

If this unidentified meal recipient is too poor to buy his own food, how does he afford a cellphone?

And if he is homeless, where do they send the cellphone bills?

Just How Rich Are Our Poor? Obamamichmiriamsappablomartnzmonsiv

Weird/Odd

Source

The poor people I know have pre-paid phones so there is no need for a billing address. Cricket is very cheap (unlimited) within city limits. If this person has family members who care about them the phone could have been provided to them in case of a medical emergency. The person could be diabetic, epileptic, etc. We probably shouldn't pass judgment on people we do not know. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: Just How Rich Are Our Poor?   Just How Rich Are Our Poor? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 6:04 pm

I often work in the Archdiocese of Louisville Soup Kitchen under the Cathedral and I sometimes see the people with cell phones. Many of them are not homeless, just poor. The have work sometimes and sometimes not but will have prepaid phones. Often the ones that are homeless will go to St. John's Day center to shower and get cleaned up and St. John will hold mail for them so I guess technically they do get a bill but most I imagine have prepaid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just How Rich Are Our Poor?   Just How Rich Are Our Poor? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just How Rich Are Our Poor?
Page 1 of 1