The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

48 Liberal Lies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

48 Liberal Lies Empty
PostSubject: 48 Liberal Lies   48 Liberal Lies I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:02 am

Quote :
Schweikart examined the top-selling U.S. history textbooks, along with other resources used in public schools, and found them seriously flawed. Not only were liberal lies pervasive, so was a negative view of America. As he writes in the book's introduction, modern textbooks often portray America as "a racist, sexist, imperialist regime." Good news is often omitted, while America's failings are emphasized.

Good to know our kids are learing "facts". Rolling Eyes No

48 liberal lies about American history
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

48 Liberal Lies Empty
PostSubject: Re: 48 Liberal Lies   48 Liberal Lies I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:03 am

Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

48 Liberal Lies Empty
PostSubject: Re: 48 Liberal Lies   48 Liberal Lies I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:13 pm

I remember the chapter in one of my history books in high school..."How the West was Won." I remember thinking to myself that my native american ancestors probably didn't see it that way. Most texts don't include the Wounded Knee massacre. I'm sure if it was included, that would be too liberal and wouldn't be painting the positive, never wrong picture of the US that some people want. No
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

48 Liberal Lies Empty
PostSubject: Re: 48 Liberal Lies   48 Liberal Lies I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
I remember the chapter in one of my history books in high school..."How the West was Won." I remember thinking to myself that my native american ancestors probably didn't see it that way. Most texts don't include the Wounded Knee massacre. I'm sure if it was included, that would be too liberal and wouldn't be painting the positive, never wrong picture of the US that some people want. No
I'm not naive enough to think that we as a country never did anything wrong. I just want facts in these textbooks, not something leaning to the left or the right.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

48 Liberal Lies Empty
PostSubject: Re: 48 Liberal Lies   48 Liberal Lies I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:02 pm

Mongo wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
I'm not naive enough to think that we as a country never did anything wrong. I just want facts in these textbooks, not something leaning to the left or the right.
Exactly cheers
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

48 Liberal Lies Empty
PostSubject: Re: 48 Liberal Lies   48 Liberal Lies I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:42 am

Mongo wrote:
Quote :
Schweikart examined the top-selling U.S. history textbooks, along with other resources used in public schools, and found them seriously flawed. Not only were liberal lies pervasive, so was a negative view of America. As he writes in the book's introduction, modern textbooks often portray America as "a racist, sexist, imperialist regime." Good news is often omitted, while America's failings are emphasized.

Good to know our kids are learing "facts". Rolling Eyes No

48 liberal lies about American history

I've experienced exactly the opposite in the text books I was forced to study from. You should read The Lies My Teach Taught Me. It addresses this subject in great depth but what it finds is that Americans are taught from a very early age that we are the good guys ALWAYS. One good example of hiding the truth is the pilgrim/thanksgiving stories that are told. I like how they say that Columbus "discovered" America and how he is portrayed as some sort of hero. I'll have to drag that book out and read some of the things that textbook writers leave out that all Americans should know. And I think people get "negative" and realistic views confused. Just because people are teaching things that don't show the US in the best light, doesn't mean they are un-American. We have to be taught our mistakes to avoid making the same mistakes in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

48 Liberal Lies Empty
PostSubject: Re: 48 Liberal Lies   48 Liberal Lies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

48 Liberal Lies
Page 1 of 1