The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants Empty
PostSubject: Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants   Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:29 pm

Quote :
Grammy-award winning musician Tony Bennett told CNSNews.com he “loves everything” Barack Obama has done in his first 100 days as president and thinks every American should “give him all-out support for anything he wants to do.”

Bennett further said that Americans should imitate the other countries of the world that support Obama. “I really hope that every citizen of the United States would imitate the rest of the world because they’re all for Obama,” said Bennett. “Every other country adores what happened – in our great country – to have him as president.”

Link

Ummm.....NO. We should absolutely NOT give Obama all-out support for anything he wants to do. That may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone say about any president. Why can't guys like this just shut up and sing? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants   Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:33 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Quote :
Grammy-award winning musician Tony Bennett told CNSNews.com he “loves everything” Barack Obama has done in his first 100 days as president and thinks every American should “give him all-out support for anything he wants to do.”

Bennett further said that Americans should imitate the other countries of the world that support Obama. “I really hope that every citizen of the United States would imitate the rest of the world because they’re all for Obama,” said Bennett. “Every other country adores what happened – in our great country – to have him as president.”

Link

Ummm.....NO. We should absolutely NOT give Obama all-out support for anything he wants to do. That may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone say about any president. Why can't guys like this just shut up and sing? Rolling Eyes

As much as I love Pres Obama, I wouldn't blindly follow everything he wants until I looked into it a bit. So far he hasn't let me down so I can see where Bennett is coming from. I think he is just excited about the possibilities. And I don't go along with the "dance monkey dance" feelings towards musicians and other artists. They've earned the platform they have and if I were in the same position I would speak out for what I felt was important as well. If you don't like what they have to say, don't buy their albums. Of course, I'm not going to buy any Tony Bennett albums any time soon anyway. rofl
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants   Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:01 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Quote :

Link

As much as I love Pres Obama, I wouldn't blindly follow everything he wants until I looked into it a bit. So far he hasn't let me down so I can see where Bennett is coming from. I think he is just excited about the possibilities. And I don't go along with the "dance monkey dance" feelings towards musicians and other artists. They've earned the platform they have and if I were in the same position I would speak out for what I felt was important as well. If you don't like what they have to say, don't buy their albums. Of course, I'm not going to buy any Tony Bennett albums any time soon anyway. rofl

So being a singer or artist of some kind gives you a platform????
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants   Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:38 pm

gringaloca wrote:
I don't agree that they've earned a platform to speak their views publicly. If they wan't to do it in their music, then fine, but if I pay to see someone in concert the last thing I want is to have to sit there and listen to a political rally of some sort. That's not what I paid for. I also feel that if they want to get their viewpoint across they can join a board, much like this one, and do it the way the rest of us do. They're not special in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants   Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:33 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
I don't agree that they've earned a platform to speak their views publicly. If they wan't to do it in their music, then fine, but if I pay to see someone in concert the last thing I want is to have to sit there and listen to a political rally of some sort. That's not what I paid for. I also feel that if they want to get their viewpoint across they can join a board, much like this one, and do it the way the rest of us do. They're not special in my eyes.

Well, personally, if I became famous I would want to use my fame to promote the things I believe in. Like I said before, if you don't like what the person/band has to say, don't go to their concerts or buy their albums. We all have the right to free speech, even celebrities. And you said something about putting it in their lyrics being ok. I don't understand the difference. They are both words. One is just set to music. Who Me? If the band you are going to see is putting out songs that are obviously anti-republican government, why would you go to the concert and expect them to keep their mouths shut in between songs? It's all the same.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants   Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:14 pm

Poor Tony... His mind is slipping.. The president should support what Americans want, not the other way around...
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants   Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:16 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Poor Tony... His mind is slipping.. The president should support what Americans want, not the other way around...
Couldn't have said it better myself! thumb thumb thumb
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants   Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:24 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Well, personally, if I became famous I would want to use my fame to promote the things I believe in. Like I said before, if you don't like what the person/band has to say, don't go to their concerts or buy their albums. We all have the right to free speech, even celebrities. And you said something about putting it in their lyrics being ok. I don't understand the difference. They are both words. One is just set to music. Who Me? If the band you are going to see is putting out songs that are obviously anti-republican government, why would you go to the concert and expect them to keep their mouths shut in between songs? It's all the same.
I don't agree at all, it's totally two different things. Many bands are political, many I like have viewpoints that differ from mine, but they don't feel the need to whine in between sets. If their music is any good, it gets the point across. If not, they feel the need to have to "explain" their music and their viewpoints. Groups like U2 have become so politically driven outside of their music, they're simply boorish anymore.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants   Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:28 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
I don't agree at all, it's totally two different things. Many bands are political, many I like have viewpoints that differ from mine, but they don't feel the need to whine in between sets. If their music is any good, it gets the point across. If not, they feel the need to have to "explain" their music and their viewpoints. Groups like U2 have become so politically driven outside of their music, they're simply boorish anymore.

Part of the reason I got into bands like U2 and Pearl Jam is their political views. I don't understand why someone would want to go to their concerts if they already know what they are singing about and don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants   Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:54 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Part of the reason I got into bands like U2 and Pearl Jam is their political views. I don't understand why someone would want to go to their concerts if they already know what they are singing about and don't like it.
It's not the songs or the singing, it's the constant yammering on stage INSTEAD of singing that bugs the heck out of me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants   Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants
Page 1 of 1