The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Book About The Eucharist

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kgirl
Kgirl

A Book About The Eucharist Empty
PostSubject: A Book About The Eucharist   A Book About The Eucharist I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:22 pm

I have just recently become an Eucharist Minister and I am quite humbled to do this. Since becoming one I have been reading a very good book call, "The Eucharist - 50 Questions From the Pews" by Richard N. Fragomeni, PhD. This is a very interesting book and has answered so many questions (well 50 questions actually - just joking Very Happy) that I have.

I would recommend this book to anyone who has questions pertaining to the Eucharist.

Oh before I forget. I was given a wonderful honor last night. I got a phone call telling me that I had been nominated for our Formation Committee at my church and they wanted to know if I would accept the nomination. Of course I said yes! I have not a clue who nominated me and it very well might be that I won't get enough votes to become a part of this committee but what an honor it is just to be nominated.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: A Book About The Eucharist   A Book About The Eucharist I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:13 pm

Scott Hahn has several really good books which explain Catholic Theology you may like.

If you want to take a road trip down to Louisville in June, the annual Church Teaches Forum has numerous speakers who discuss why the church teaches what it does.
Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: A Book About The Eucharist   A Book About The Eucharist I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:47 am

Wyatt Earp wrote:
Scott Hahn has several really good books which explain Catholic Theology you may like.

If you want to take a road trip down to Louisville in June, the annual Church Teaches Forum has numerous speakers who discuss why the church teaches what it does.
I so enjoy listening to Scott Hahn. He came to our church, or I should say my other church, last year and had an all day meeting. Everyone who attending said that it was great.

I live in Southern Indiana so it's just a hop and skip for me to go to Louisville. Where and when is the forum usually held?
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: A Book About The Eucharist   A Book About The Eucharist I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 1:37 pm

Kgirl wrote:
I so enjoy listening to Scott Hahn. He came to our church, or I should say my other church, last year and had an all day meeting. Everyone who attending said that it was great.

I live in Southern Indiana so it's just a hop and skip for me to go to Louisville. Where and when is the forum usually held?

July 17th and 18th (Friday Evening and morning and afternoon of Saturday). I need to check on the hotel. Last year the feature speaker was Francis Cardinal Arinze the Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments in Rome. This year I believe the feature speaker will be Archbishop Raymond Burke who is the Judge of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura in Rome. There will be a hand full of other speakers but Burke will the the feature speaker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Book About The Eucharist   A Book About The Eucharist I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Book About The Eucharist
Page 1 of 1