The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where's the Outcry?

Go down 
+3
gringaloca
Mr. Lew Morris
Barry Husein
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Barry Husein

Barry Husein

Where's the Outcry? Empty
PostSubject: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Is this really true? $316k for a part time job?

"After Barack Obama became an Illinois state legislator, his wife moved up as well, scoring a job as 'vice president of community relations' at the University Of Chicago Hospital for a very generous salary of $121,910. When Obama became a senator in 2005, her 'salary' leapfrogged to $$316,962 for the same job...and one of Senator Obama's first acts in office was to see to it that the hospital received over a million dollars of your tax dollars as an earmark.

Well, Michelle has moved on, and guess what...that vital job of hers, worth a salary of over $300 K has been quietly eliminated."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lew Morris
Homesteader
Homesteader
Mr. Lew Morris

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:11 pm

Yes this does sound very much like the "Chicago Democrats" we were warned of. However, I will hold off posting any further on this until I have had ample time to research further.

Good Day
Back to top Go down
Barry Husein

Barry Husein

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:14 pm

You can hold off all you want. Facts are facts.

Last edited by Annie Oakley on Fri May 01, 2009 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rules violation)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lew Morris
Homesteader
Homesteader
Mr. Lew Morris

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:17 pm

I agree.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:40 pm

It's hard to take you very seriously.

Last edited by Annie Oakley on Fri May 01, 2009 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quote)
Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:32 pm

Barry Husein wrote:

"After Barack Obama became an Illinois state legislator, his wife moved up as well, scoring a job as 'vice president of community relations' at the University Of Chicago Hospital for a very generous salary of $121,910. When Obama became a senator in 2005, her 'salary' leapfrogged to $$316,962 for the same job...and one of Senator Obama's first acts in office was to see to it that the hospital received over a million dollars of your tax dollars as an earmark.

Well, Michelle has moved on, and guess what...that vital job of hers, worth a salary of over $300 K has been quietly eliminated."
What an interesting little item to ponder over for a while. If it was such a needed job, which obviously it was concerning how much a person was paid to do it, then I wonder why it isn't needed now? Ummmmmmmmmmm Let's see if we can come up with an answer. Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:36 pm

Barry Husein wrote:

This was quoted from a right wing bloggers site who was quoting another right wing reporter who chopped up parts of an interview about Michelle Obama where she stated that she was still trying to figure out if she should be a stay at home mom while Barack ran for president or if she should continue to balance a career and homelife. I still haven't found the actual proof that any of this is even true. Even if it was, you are acting like this is something new. First off, the first lady graduated from an Ivy League school. Tons of men make tons of money for doing nothing simply because of their last name or where they went to college. She's a powerful, well-educated woman and that bothers people. If we were talking about a republican man, this wouldn't even be an issue.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:15 pm

Seems pefectly obvious to me, lets see now....... Illinois, Chicago Dems, the home of Barack Hussein Obama, Michelle Obama, Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, the former mayor (can't think of the name of that crook right now) and God (in her mind ) Oprah Winfrey Rolling Eyes . My only question would be is how or why would anyone expect anything on the up and up out of that crew Scratch Head ? All of the above have been mentioned with or directly involved in plenty of "shady" deals in the past so I see this a business as usual.
The only "Change we can believe in" is that a couple of them have moved from Chicago to Washington D.C.. Razz

As far as outcry, no outcry here. All of that is just expected and not suprising at all to hear.
Back to top Go down
Barry Husein

Barry Husein

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 3:06 pm

The Drifter wrote:
Seems pefectly obvious to me, lets see now....... Illinois, Chicago Dems, the home of Barack Hussein Obama, Michelle Obama, Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, the former mayor (can't think of the name of that crook right now) and God (in her mind ) Oprah Winfrey Rolling Eyes . My only question would be is how or why would anyone expect anything on the up and up out of that crew Scratch Head ? All of the above have been mentioned with or directly involved in plenty of "shady" deals in the past so I see this a business as usual.
The only "Change we can believe in" is that a couple of them have moved from Chicago to Washington D.C.. Razz

As far as outcry, no outcry here. All of that is just expected and not suprising at all to hear.

No doubt Drifter, and lets not forget the paper she wrote in college.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lew Morris
Homesteader
Homesteader
Mr. Lew Morris

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 3:11 pm

Barry Husein wrote:
The Drifter wrote:

No doubt Drifter, and lets not forget the paper she wrote in college.

Barry, please refrain from name calling. If your in doubt, please check the terms contained here within.

Now having said that, both Drifter and you are 100% correct in your analogies.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Mr. Lew Morris wrote:
Barry Husein wrote:
The Drifter wrote:

No doubt Drifter, and lets not forget the paper ole "Cattle Thighs" wrote in college.

Barry, please refrain from name calling. If your in doubt, please check the terms contained here within.

Do you agree that if this was a white republican male we would still be having this discussion?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lew Morris
Homesteader
Homesteader
Mr. Lew Morris

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:10 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Mr. Lew Morris wrote:
Barry Husein wrote:
The Drifter wrote:

No doubt Drifter, and lets not forget the paper ole "Cattle Thighs" wrote in college.

Do you agree that if this was a white republican male we would still be having this discussion?

This is typical of the left - if you disagree it must be racially motivated. I challenge yourself to become more educated and less suspicious.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:14 pm

Mr. Lew Morris wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Mr. Lew Morris wrote:
Barry Husein wrote:
The Drifter wrote:

This is typical of the left - if you disagree it must be racially motivated. I challenge yourself to become more educated and less suspicious.

No No matter what some would like to think... Race is still an issue. It's easy for you to tell me to get "more educated and less suspicious" when you yourself are a white republican male. Anyway, take out the white part of my question and it's still the same result. It wouldn't even be an issue. Rich republicans make tons of money for doing nothing all the time. And I still haven't even seen any proof that what was posted was even true. Just a lot of hearsay.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:16 pm

We need to lay off the personal comments and discuss the issue. Any posts with "you" are personal.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lew Morris
Homesteader
Homesteader
Mr. Lew Morris

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:21 pm

>>Rich republicans make tons of money for doing nothing all the time. And I still haven't even seen any proof that what was posted was even true. Just a lot of hearsay.<<

Rich republicans make tons of money becuase they are very well educated and paid their dues early on to become this educated.

Last edited by Annie Oakley on Sat May 02, 2009 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : violation)
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Mr. Lew Morris wrote:
>>Rich republicans make tons of money for doing nothing all the time. And I still haven't even seen any proof that what was posted was even true. Just a lot of hearsay.<<

Rich republicans make tons of money becuase they are very well educated and paid their dues early on to become this educated.

So she didn't get well educated and pay her dues early? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:38 am

Just some comments on the "race" issue and I mean on venues than this board as well. I don't think that I am wrong at all in saying that for some when they know they are in the wrong or have been called out on something it is..."well, it is because Obama is Black" or something to that effect. That is an easy out and is imo absolutely sickining Mad !Anytime the main stream media is stumped or can't explain this administrations way out of something they bring up a race issue, same with MSNBC and CNN. MSNBC is by far the worst imo, they are as unprofessional as it gets and are basically a liberal "hate" machine along with making up what they want to slander anyone and anything that may dare question "the one".

I am against racism as much as anyone and cannot stand to see it at anytime. With all of these ridiculous charges of racism anytime someone disagrees with it imo is only hurting the African Americans when something that may really be racism may come up.
Right now and as far as the charges of such with this administration imo the only racist are the ones making the claims when there is absolutely nothing there. My 2 cents (which is probably not worth that much Laughing ) would be that for some of these far left wing dwellers to learn to handle critisizm and know that critism of Obama's policies are not racially motivated, just an opposing view. I guess what I am saying is that my advice to alot of these people would be to quit running an hiding behind the "racism" thing, that argument is weak and not proven.. That is not what was intended and deep down these people really know that.
Should any "true racism" arise and be proven then by all means bust them. There certainly is still racism in this country, no one can deny that but disagreeing with something this administration does is not racism and I for one am sick of hearing that or having it even hinted.
I am not calling anyone on here out personally at all, I don't work like that. Should I have something to say to someone or about someone then I say it and no one will have to guess about it Smile . I am just stating my opinion on these ridiculous charges that I have heard from all over, news media, "Hollywood", a couple of select talk shows (and it doesn't take a degree to figue out who they are) along with other areas as well.

O.K., I am off my soap box again now Smile and apologize for going on.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:02 am

[quote="gringaloca"]
Mr. Lew Morris wrote:
Barry Husein wrote:
The Drifter wrote:

Do you agree that if this was a white republican male we would still be having this discussion?[/quote]

The most discriminate/racial statement made on this thread. The white male is the most discriminated against human on earth. We're like ducks though, it just rolls off our backs while we continue to get rich and do nothing. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:38 am

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Do you agree that if this was a white republican male we would still be having this discussion?[/quote]

The most discriminate/racial statement made on this thread. The white male is the most discriminated against human on earth. We're like ducks though, it just rolls off our backs while we continue to get rich and do nothing. Rolling Eyes

I've heard this line before. Can you elaborate on how you are discriminated against?

Last edited by Annie Oakley on Sun May 03, 2009 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:42 am

The Drifter wrote:
Just some comments on the "race" issue and I mean on venues than this board as well. I don't think that I am wrong at all in saying that for some when they know they are in the wrong or have been called out on something it is..."well, it is because Obama is Black" or something to that effect. That is an easy out and is imo absolutely sickining Mad !Anytime the main stream media is stumped or can't explain this administrations way out of something they bring up a race issue, same with MSNBC and CNN. MSNBC is by far the worst imo, they are as unprofessional as it gets and are basically a liberal "hate" machine along with making up what they want to slander anyone and anything that may dare question "the one".

I am against racism as much as anyone and cannot stand to see it at anytime. With all of these ridiculous charges of racism anytime someone disagrees with it imo is only hurting the African Americans when something that may really be racism may come up.
Right now and as far as the charges of such with this administration imo the only racist are the ones making the claims when there is absolutely nothing there. My 2 cents (which is probably not worth that much Laughing ) would be that for some of these far left wing dwellers to learn to handle critisizm and know that critism of Obama's policies are not racially motivated, just an opposing view. I guess what I am saying is that my advice to alot of these people would be to quit running an hiding behind the "racism" thing, that argument is weak and not proven.. That is not what was intended and deep down these people really know that.
Should any "true racism" arise and be proven then by all means bust them. There certainly is still racism in this country, no one can deny that but disagreeing with something this administration does is not racism and I for one am sick of hearing that or having it even hinted.
I am not calling anyone on here out personally at all, I don't work like that. Should I have something to say to someone or about someone then I say it and no one will have to guess about it Smile . I am just stating my opinion on these ridiculous charges that I have heard from all over, news media, "Hollywood", a couple of select talk shows (and it doesn't take a degree to figue out who they are) along with other areas as well.

O.K., I am off my soap box again now Smile and apologize for going on.

I think the problem is that it IS sometimes hard to distinguish between those that are anti-Obama for racist issues and those that depart legitimately from his policies and stances. I have had way too many conversations with people of that first group, that I think when someone that I don't know starts in on him, my first reaction is...which group are they in?
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:59 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

I've heard this line before. Can you elaborate on how you are discriminated against?

If a white male were to be in consideration for a job along side of a minority (non-white, female, etc.) with the exact same qualifications, it is likely the white male will be passed over...For obvious reasons. Right?
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:43 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

If a white male were to be in consideration for a job along side of a minority (non-white, female, etc.) with the exact same qualifications, it is likely the white male will be passed over...For obvious reasons. Right?

It is likely? What proof do you have?
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:04 pm

[quote="Annie Oakley] It is likely? What proof do you have?[/quote]

I am employed as an Engineer Tech and have been involved in the construction business for over twenty years. Part of my job is checking EEO compliance's for contractors. I can't name the times a contractor has hired a minority over a white male (although they didn't want to) in those twenty years.

Here's a dirty little secret for you. On more than 30 occasions I have heard a superintendent say "there is a non-white female in our stack of applications, we know who's getting the next opening, we can kill two birds with one stone and get them off our back for a while".

Like, or believe it or not, I have seen more qualified white men not get a job because they were white men.

Whether or not you've seen it in your line of work, discrimination against white males exists, it's just not mentioned . Proof enough for you?
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:07 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
I am employed as an Engineer Tech and have been involved in the construction business for over twenty years. Part of my job is checking EEO compliance's for contractors. I can't name the times a contractor has hired a minority over a white male (although they didn't want to) in those twenty years.

Here's a dirty little secret for you. On more than 30 occasions I have heard a superintendent say "there is a non-white female in our stack of applications, we know who's getting the next opening, we can kill two birds with one stone and get them off our back for a while".

Like, or believe it or not, I have seen more qualified white men not get a job because they were white men.

Whether or not you've seen it in your line of work, discrimination against white males exists, it's just not mentioned . Proof enough for you?

Oops. Accidently hit the "PM" instead of reply.

It's called hearsay, not proof.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:20 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Oops. Accidently hit the "PM" instead of reply.

It's called hearsay, not proof.

So you're saying that maybe I'm lying? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where's the Outcry?   Where's the Outcry? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where's the Outcry?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Outpost Saloon :: The Outhouse :: Politics-
Jump to: