The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) Empty
PostSubject: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 12:28 pm

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1949879,00.html

Quote :
The Senate vote on final passage of health reform almost scuttled their plans, but it looks like the First Family will still make it to Hawaii for Christmas. They've had a whirlwind holiday season so far, starting with the lighting of the National Christmas Tree, through hosting more than 50,000 people for 27 parties and open houses, and ending with a visit by the First Lady, Malia and Sasha, and the family's dog Bo, to deliver cookies to the Children's National Medical Center. The Obamas have also started their own holiday traditions in their new home, adding a Christmas wishing tree to the decorations festooning the White House.

But there's one common Christmas practice not on the First Family's schedule: a visit to Christmas Eve church services. (See TIME's photo-essay "Christmas Arrives at the Obama White House.")

Church, in fact, has been a surprisingly tough issue for the Obamas. They resigned their membership with Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago in 2008 after Obama renounced the church's controversial former pastor, Jeremiah Wright. And while the First Family intended to find a local church to attend when they moved to Washington, concerns about crowds and displacing regular worshippers has prevented them from finding a new religious home during their first year here.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1949879,00.html#ixzz0aic4nET2

Here's the proof that he's a godless communist! He hasn't attended church since being elected!

(Merry Christmas, Lucas! Wink)
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:19 pm

He just can't find another church that hates as much as his old church...
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 3:26 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:

That's it! santa
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:03 am

Annie Oakley wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:

That's it! santa

If I was President Obama, I wouldn't attend church publicly. When people are watching every breath you take and are paranoid, they are going to find something wrong with everything you do. Besides, it says in the Bible that the people that shout from the rooftops about their worship attendance aren't worthy of the kingdom of heaven anyway. It also says you can be just as close to God by stepping into your closet and closing the door behind you and kneeling to pray. You don't have to attend church to be a good Christian or have a close relationship with God. And people who give him a hard time about this need to take a step back and quit being self righteous. It's not very Christian of them.
I don't attend church at Christmas. Does that make me less of a Christian? President Obama spent time visiting with Marines on Christmas. I guess that makes him a Muslim Christian hater. Maybe he and his family decided to celebrate the birth of Christ in the privacy of their own homes like millions of Americans do. Maybe they didn't want to ruin others Christmas service with all the craziness that comes along with their appearances? Besides people can go sit in church all year long. Doesn't make them great Christians. Bush attended church...was he some mega-Christian more worthy of heaven than anyone else? Sitting in a church doesn't make you anymore a Christian than sitting in a garage makes you are car. It's a personal relationship between that person and God.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:37 am

Obama sure never had a problem attending Wright's church and listening to him spew his vile hatred for America for 20 YEARS..... How Christan was that??? Once a Muslim always a Muslim...
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:38 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Obama sure never had a problem attending Wright's church and listening to him spew his vile hatred for America for 20 YEARS..... How Christan was that??? Once a Muslim always a Muslim...

You are too smart to even hint at that he is a Muslim.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:15 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:

Rev. Wright's a Muslim? Really, I wasn't aware of that. And all Rev. Wright did was spew hatred for America for 20 years? I didn't know that either. I suppose that Billy Graham, etc. did nothing but spew hatred their whole lives condemning gays and praying for democrats to die? What's funny is that your self-righteous comment is nothing but spewed hatred. There are many Muslim Americans. I guess that means you have been spewing hatred against America for how many years now?

When are "people" going to realize that the man is a Christian and that Christians don't have to be republicans and Christians don't have to do everything that they do in order to be worthy of Christ's love? This is the sorta BS that makes Christians look ignorant and hateful. No wonder so many people run away from the church. And to be totally honest, I really don't care if our President is a Christian or not. There is a thing called separation of church and state. Jesus says “Render up to Ceaser what belongs to Cesaer, and render up to God what belongs to God.” (and don’t go about confusing the two).

Jesus again if memory serves spent time with roman tax collectors and lepers and hookers treating them like actual human beings. He didn't judge but loved everyone equally. It's a lesson that many Christians have forgot these days. Angel2
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:17 pm

He also told them to sin no more....
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:23 pm

Are baby murderers Christans???
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Are baby murderers Christans???

Now you are just being obtuse and silly. Yes, I would say that there are many baby murderers who are Christians. Jeffrey Dahmer was a Christian. Hitler was a Christian. Bush is a Christian. As far as abortion goes..that is between the mother of the child and God. She is the one who makes the decision to have one or not. Not some politician. You make it sound like liberals just love to kill babies. Oh yes, I have a fresh batch of babies every morning for breakfast. ummm ummm good! If you are going to place complete fault at the feet of politicians for what other people do, maybe you should think about soldiers who are forced to murder people by our leaders. How many innocent lives lay at the feet of the man you voted for? Is he still a Christian? Rolling Eyes

And thanks for totally avoiding everything I said previously. Your failure to address my questions speaks volumes. Razz tinfoil
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:36 am

You are too smart to even hint at that he is a Muslim.[/quote] Nah, not a Muslim, just a Muslim sympathizer... Our duty as Christians is to teach the words of Christ to them... Not glorify their religion....
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:13 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
You are too smart to even hint at that he is a Muslim.
Nah, not a Muslim, just a Muslim sympathizer... Our duty as Christians is to teach the words of Christ to them... Not glorify their religion....[/quote]

Examples of how Obama has glorified Islam?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 5:53 pm

Here is some examples... Listen to his remarks from the 2 minute mark on.... Plenty more examples if you want... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAffMSWSzY
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:58 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
Here is some examples... Listen to his remarks from the 2 minute mark on.... Plenty more examples if you want... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAffMSWSzY

no no

You do realize that that video was so cut up and edited that there is no way of knowing what he was saying. You could cut a bunch of video together and make him say that he worships satan as well. Weird/Odd That video doesn't show me anything but everyone knows that President Obama respects everyones right to worship the way they want. He hasn't "glorified" being a Muslim anymore than he has glorifed being a Christian. Why are you so prejudice against Muslims anyway? You do realize they aren't all crazy killers crashing planes into buildings, right?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Have you ever witnessed to a Muslim about Christ??? Try it sometime and see what they tell you.....
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 2:18 pm

You know, in the last 20 years of my life (I'll skip the first 16, since thing are different when you are a kid) I've had one person witness to me about Christ. He was a morman who taught at my school and was our basketball coach (which was the capacity that I worked with him most closely on). Some of our other 'Christian' faculty looked down their nose at him or made comments that were unbecoming (IMO) to their faith. Funny thing is, those same people have never once (in 14 years of working with them) witnessed to me or invited me to their church. Now...it's not that I feel that I need to be witnessed to, it's just that I find the situation quite ironic.

On a side note, he was essentially ran off because 'they' did not like his style of coaching. He left our school and went on to another program where he was very successful, including winning the All "A" State Tournament, and going to the Sweet 16. That was 9 years ago...oh, what might have been. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Have you ever witnessed to a Muslim about Christ??? Try it sometime and see what they tell you.....

Do tell us about your experiences in this area, Lucas. I've only personally been known one Muslim, a student, whom I thought the world of, but was never in the position of discussing religion with.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:38 pm

Glad you asked Annie... A group from my Sunday school class witnessed to two separate families of new to America 'immigrants" and they both spit on the ground and called Jesus a dog...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)   Merry Christmas, Lucas!  aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!"  (gasp) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas, Lucas! aka "Obamas don't attend a church Christmas service!" (gasp)
Page 1 of 1