The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. Empty
PostSubject: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 pm

I've been saying this for ages. I remember being booed out of political forums for suggesting this was happening. They just can't believe that their beloved republican leader would use fear to gain points. Guess we know the truth now or how can these people blame this on Bill Clinton or maybe Obama put a magical spell on them through a voodoo medicine man in Kenya? Do they have those there? Laughing

Quote :
Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge claims in a new book that he was pressured by other members of President George W. Bush's Cabinet to raise the nation's terror alert level just before the 2004 presidential election.

Ridge says he objected to raising the security level despite the urgings of former Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and then-Attorney General John Ashcroft, according to a publicity release from Ridge's publisher. He said the episode convinced him to follow through with his plans to leave the administration; he resigned on Nov. 30, 2004.

The rats are coming by one by one telling their tales for the almighty dollar because that's all any of them cared about to begin with.

Full article
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 6:33 am

Here's you another rat who's collection tax payer money.. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0809/26240.html Obama's white house is already full of corruption... Chicago politics at it's finest...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:51 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Here's you another rat who's collection tax payer money.. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0809/26240.html Obama's white house is already full of corruption... Chicago politics at it's finest...

Changing the subject there Lucas. no no spank rofl Hey, what's that sound? Oh, it's the sound of the stock market jumping another 150 points. Guess Chicago politics is working. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:08 am

My mistake .. I thought you were talking about rats....
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:45 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
My mistake .. I thought you were talking about rats....

I was talking about the Bush administration using the terror alert system to manipulate the public. It's something they do well. They know that nothing gets certain republicans going more than fear. Take a look of the freaked out people who believe they are going to die in front of a death panel and think Obama is a secret terrorist from Kenya. LOL. It looks like it's becoming the calling card of the republican party. Whip your party into a frenzy by scaring them to death and they'll do anything they are asked to do. affraid affraid The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Boy, ain't that the truth. Razz affraid
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:45 am

The past is the past... I think we need to concentrate on the crooks that are in charge NOW...
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:35 am

More crooks in with Obama... We can't drill for our own oil but Obama is sending millions to Brazil to drill for oil by a company owned by guess who...Good buddy George Soras.. And people thought Bush was the "big oil man".... http://www.gurufocus.com/news.php?id=66288
Like I said, we need to get rid of the crooks in the white house NOW... Quit dwelling on the past and take off those Obama colored glasses and realize we have the biggest crook EVER in the white house....
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:41 am

This really comes as no big suprise to me.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:43 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
More crooks in with Obama... We can't drill for our own oil but Obama is sending millions to Brazil to drill for oil by a company owned by guess who...Good buddy George Soras.. And people thought Bush was the "big oil man".... http://www.gurufocus.com/news.php?id=66288
Like I said, we need to get rid of the crooks in the white house NOW... Quit dwelling on the past and take off those Obama colored glasses and realize we have the biggest crook EVER in the white house....

Feel free to start a new thread on this one...but the current topic is a valid point of discussion.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:03 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:

It wasn't a surprise to many of us. At least those who were paying attention and could put two and two together.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:27 am

gringaloca wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:

It wasn't a surprise to many of us. At least those who were paying attention and could put two and two together.
Yeah it was pretty easy to see Obama's connection with big oil.. Big surprise to no one...
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:10 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:

Yeah it was pretty easy to see Obama's connection with big oil.. Big surprise to no one...

Still playing defense? Not willing to discuss the topic at hand?
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:13 pm

I was part of a discussion with a group of friends about pre-election time. One suggested that the terror alerts were being used for political game. A couple of our conservative friends reacted badly, questioning the first one's patriotism (there was a lot of that during that time). I guess we see who was wrong now.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:35 pm

Any actual proof it was done for political gain????
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 3:00 pm

I would say it's probably the type of situation where there's not going to be any proof. It'll just be Ridge's word against others. Before long, the rest of the gang will label him a RINO, like they did Powell when he didn't toe the party line.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:13 pm

Might have missed it in the article but Ridge never stated it was for political reasons... Just more spin from the left... Looks like they will never get over the past...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:48 am

Annie Oakley wrote:
I would say it's probably the type of situation where there's not going to be any proof. It'll just be Ridge's word against others. Before long, the rest of the gang will label him a RINO, like they did Powell when he didn't toe the party line.

Exactly. Same old song and dance. You keep your mouth shut and agree with all that they do, you are their golden boy, disagree with them....they crucify you.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:30 am

Same thing if you disagree with Obama...
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:51 pm

I have no problem with people simply because they disagree with Obama.

Who's been called a DINO to this point?
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
I have no problem with people simply because they disagree with Obama.

Who's been called a DINO to this point?

BUMP
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:03 pm

Where is that chirping smilie when I need it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.   Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who woulda thunk it? Bush and his cabinet manipulated the terror alerts. GASP! Not.
Page 1 of 1