The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law.....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law..... Empty
PostSubject: The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law.....   The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law..... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:35 am

The CRS is the Congressional Research Service, a bi-partisan think tank consisting of 900 employees who include "lawyers, economists, reference librarians, and social, natural, and physical scientists".
Quote :
CRS is joined by two other congressional support agencies. The Congressional Budget Office provides Congress with budget-related information, reports on fiscal, budgetary, and programmatic issues, and analyses of budget policy options, costs, and effects. The Government Accountability Office assists Congress in reviewing and monitoring the activities of government by conducting independent audits, investigations, and evaluations of federal programs. Collectively, the three agencies employ more than 4,000 people.[2]

CRS reports are highly regarded as in-depth, accurate, objective, and timely, but as a matter of policy they are not made directly available to members of the public. There have been several attempts to pass legislation requiring all reports to be made available online, most recently in 2003, but none have passed. Instead, the public must request individual reports from their Senators and Representatives in Congress, purchase them from private vendors, or search for them in various web archives of previously-released documents.

Quote :
CRS reports are highly regarded as in-depth, accurate, objective and timely, and topped the list of the "10 Most-Wanted Government Documents" survey by the Center for Democracy and Technology.

Link

Quote :
A Congressional Research Service report commissioned by the House Judiciary Committee says ACORN hasn’t violated any federal regulations the last five years.

The report, released by Judiciary Chairman John Conyers’ (D-Mich.) staff Tuesday evening, also reports that the undercover filmmakers that allegedly caught employees of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now breaking the law may have violated state law in their filming operation.

Separately Tuesday, a New York federal judge rejected a motion from the Justice Department to reconsider a decision that ruled a bill that stopped funding for ACORN as an unconstitutional bill of attainder.

The CRS report is part of a slew of government inquests into the group, which was swept up in a number of embarrassing situations in the last several months. The Government Accountability Office recently opened its own report and Republican Reps. Darrell Issa of California and Steve King of Iowa have led the charge in demanding more investigations and hearings into the group.

ACORN has been under a cloud for several months. ACORN employees have been accused of voter registration fraud, and the organization has faced serious financial problems.

The CRS report, however, will give the organization’s backers some comfort and conservatives some ammo. It details that the, the beleaguered community group has received tens of millions of taxpayer dollars in the past several fiscal years – including one $16 million grant and another grant worth $7.8 million. An ACORN aide noted that much of the money was to ACORN Housing, which is legally a separate entity.

Politico Article

Yet another republican witch hunt that has turned out to be nothing more than a waste of taxpayers money and a diversion from the real issues. What a surprise. Not. Ride
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law.....   The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law..... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:40 pm

According to your links ACORN still has tons of legal problems from voter registration fraud to mis-appropriation of government funds... Millions of dollars still unaccounted for.. The CRS report quoted only exonerates how ACORN obtained their funds not,what they did with them.. More wrong doing from this corrupt yet to come...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law.....   The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law..... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:25 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
According to your links ACORN still has tons of legal problems from voter registration fraud to mis-appropriation of government funds... Millions of dollars still unaccounted for.. The CRS report quoted only exonerates how ACORN obtained their funds not,what they did with them.. More wrong doing from this corrupt yet to come...

We shall see. There is a thing called being innocent until proven guilty in this country. Anyway, Health Care Reform! Yayyy! Merry Christmas!!!

Razz santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law.....   The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law..... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 5:23 pm

Yeah. and OJ wasn't guilty either.....
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law.....   The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law..... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:58 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Yeah. and OJ wasn't guilty either.....

Awwww, I can see your bottom lip sticking out there Lucas. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law.....   The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law..... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law.....   The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law..... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Lucas, you realize that you are by yourself, right? Gringa isn't going to respond anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law.....   The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law..... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Sorry Annie.... Just posting some background info on the subject.. But since no one seems interested I promise you I'll not post again...
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law.....   The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law..... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:32 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
Sorry Annie.... Just posting some background info on the subject.. But since no one seems interested I promise you I'll not post again...

You can post what you want, I just wanted to make sure that you knew that gringa has chosen not to participate anymore...at least at this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law.....   The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The CRS finds that ACORN didn't break law.....
Page 1 of 1