The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do real Christians pray for death or misfortune on others?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Do real Christians pray for death or misfortune on others? Empty
PostSubject: Do real Christians pray for death or misfortune on others?   Do real Christians pray for death or misfortune on others? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 3:09 pm

What's wrong with these people? I don't think God will be amused. This isn't what Jesus taught us.

Quote :
Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) is hoping, even praying, that one of his Democratic colleagues somehow cannot manage to cast a vote on health care in the wee hours of Monday morning.

As the chamber nears the first of several procedural ballots to end debate on the bill ahead of final passage, Coburn said, "What the American people ought to pray is that somebody can't make the vote tonight. That's what they ought to pray."

His suggestion, seemingly a veiled remark aimed at ailing 92-year-old Senator Robert Byrd (D-VA), struck a raw nerve with Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL). "I don't think it's appropriate to be invoking prayer to wish misfortune on a colleague and I want him to clarify that," he said. "I've invited him, I wanted to reach out to him. He is my friend and I've worked with him, but, uh, this statement goes too far."

"Republicans fumed last week when Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) revealed the contents of a private conversation with Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) in a fiercely critical speech on the floor," Politico added. "Democrats boiled over when Republicans forced them to bring in the ailing Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.) for a 1 a.m. cloture vote on defense spending."

Is Senator Coburn ‘wishing misfortune’ on other lawmakers?

By Stephen C. Webster
Sunday, December 20th, 2009 -- 11:01 pm
Share on Facebook Stumble This!

Coburn urges Americans to 'pray' that 'somebody can't make the vote tonight'

tomcoburnoklahoma Is Senator Coburn wishing misfortune on other lawmakers?Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) is hoping, even praying, that one of his Democratic colleagues somehow cannot manage to cast a vote on health care in the wee hours of Monday morning.

As the chamber nears the first of several procedural ballots to end debate on the bill ahead of final passage, Coburn said, "What the American people ought to pray is that somebody can't make the vote tonight. That's what they ought to pray."

His suggestion, seemingly a veiled remark aimed at ailing 92-year-old Senator Robert Byrd (D-VA), struck a raw nerve with Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL). "I don't think it's appropriate to be invoking prayer to wish misfortune on a colleague and I want him to clarify that," he said. "I've invited him, I wanted to reach out to him. He is my friend and I've worked with him, but, uh, this statement goes too far."

"Republicans fumed last week when Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) revealed the contents of a private conversation with Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) in a fiercely critical speech on the floor," Politico added. "Democrats boiled over when Republicans forced them to bring in the ailing Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.) for a 1 a.m. cloture vote on defense spending."
Story continues below...

"Hmm. Which senator’s circumstances are most likely to prevent him (or her! women!) from reaching a super-important 1 a.m. vote?" pondered Wonkette. "Maybe it’s Robert Byrd, the one who is famously dying and 107 years old? (It’s most likely that he died some months ago — Harry Reid is just pulling a lil’ Weekend At Bernie’s action until this health f*cker passes.)"

Senator Byrd, often referenced as the Senate's 'dean', is the longest serving U.S. lawmaker in history.

Article
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Do real Christians pray for death or misfortune on others?   Do real Christians pray for death or misfortune on others? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 4:47 pm

May be that Coburn is not a Christian.... Byrd is a prime example why we need term limits..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Do real Christians pray for death or misfortune on others?   Do real Christians pray for death or misfortune on others? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:17 am

Mr. Coburn is a very prominent "Christian" in the republican party. As far as term limits, I agree. It would get Mitch McConnell out and keep fossils like Strom Thurmond from hanging around so long far past their expiration date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do real Christians pray for death or misfortune on others?   Do real Christians pray for death or misfortune on others? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do real Christians pray for death or misfortune on others?
Page 1 of 1