The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A.C.O.R.N. More Corruption

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

A.C.O.R.N.  More Corruption - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A.C.O.R.N. More Corruption   A.C.O.R.N.  More Corruption - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:25 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
Hilarious... Obama tries to dodge ACORN questions... Says he didn't know they were getting Fed. money... Laughing Laughing Laughing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxwSUJ0iahI

He's dodging questions? Is that why is said he would support the federal government investigating them? Rolling Eyes And I loved how Bobby Jindal halted all money from going to ACORN in Louisiana when they weren't contracted with anyone in LA anyway. Way to go Kenneth the Page! duh Razz
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: A.C.O.R.N. More Corruption   A.C.O.R.N.  More Corruption - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:38 am

New Orleans is the home base for ACORN... No wonder Jindal wants their funds stopped...

Gov. Bobby Jindal has been under pressure to investigate the nationwide organization, which is based in New Orleans. The chief complaints involve a case of a nearly $1 million embezzlement by the brother of the group’s founder which was never reported to authorities; the lack of accountability for the millions of dollars in taxpayer dollars that ACORN and its related groups have received over several years; and the potential for public money to be used by partisan affiliates of ACORN.

ACORN is rotten to the core...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: A.C.O.R.N. More Corruption   A.C.O.R.N.  More Corruption - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
New Orleans is the home base for ACORN... No wonder Jindal wants their funds stopped...

Gov. Bobby Jindal has been under pressure to investigate the nationwide organization, which is based in New Orleans. The chief complaints involve a case of a nearly $1 million embezzlement by the brother of the group’s founder which was never reported to authorities; the lack of accountability for the millions of dollars in taxpayer dollars that ACORN and its related groups have received over several years; and the potential for public money to be used by partisan affiliates of ACORN.

ACORN is rotten to the core...

Rolling Eyes Razz
We'll let the investigation prove if it's "rotten the core". Who wrote that paragraph? And truth be told, they have three HQ's. 1. DC 2. NYC 3. New Orleans (main reason being Hurricane Katrina) but they don't have any contracts in Louisiana so Jindal just wasted more time and taxpayers money going on another wild good chase. It's ok to spend money on crazy stuff like ACORN but not on investigations into torture by the Bush administration. hmmm, interesting.

Quote :
Check out Erick Erickson's "exclusive" at RedState where he claims he can pretty much prove Obama was lying when he said over the weekend that he wasn't paying much attention to the right-wing's beloved ACORN caper. How does crack journalist Erickson go about proving that Obama has been paying attention? Easy, Erickson lists all the connections, real and imagined, between ACORN and Obama. Even more amazing, after rifling through the ACORN CEO's private contact list, he reports she has phone numbers for staffers who work at the White House! I mean, how many other people in Washington, D.C. can say that?

Well, actually hundreds if not thousands can say that, but you get the idea....

RedState's bottom line: It can just sense that Obama's been following the ACORN story closely. Of course, RedState doesn't have any actual proof. It can't quote anybody who's had detailed discussion with Obama about ACORN in recent days. It doesn't have access to White House memos which indicate a huge interest from Obama in the story. But RedState can just tell. It can feel that Obama is lying.

I knew Obama's dismissive comment regarding ACORN on Sunday would drive the right-wing to distraction. (i.e. “Frankly, it’s not really something I’ve followed closely. I didn’t even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money.”) I just didn't think folks like Erickson would resort to using supernatural powers (and lifted contact list info) to crack the case. I didn't think right-wing bloggers would claim they could read Obama's mind and definitively claim that the POTUS has been following the ACORN story closely.

Then again, I always underestimate bloggers like Erickson.

UPDATED: RedState's whiff simply highlights how, without eye-catching hidden camera video to rally around, the conservative attempt to turn ACORN into a blockbuster story about a sprawling Evil Empire just isn't going to have much staying power. Especially with crack "reporters" like Erickson flogging it. (Reminder: He took somebody's private phone/email contact list and posted it as an "exclusive." Disgraceful.)
Link to full article
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: A.C.O.R.N. More Corruption   A.C.O.R.N.  More Corruption - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:03 pm

Would you be OK with ACORN getting their 4 billion in stimulus funds reinstated??
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: A.C.O.R.N. More Corruption   A.C.O.R.N.  More Corruption - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:33 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Would you be OK with ACORN getting their 4 billion in stimulus funds reinstated??

Lucas, they never had 4 billion dollars in stimulus money to begin with. Rolling Eyes I made that pretty clear at the beginning of this pointless debate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A.C.O.R.N. More Corruption   A.C.O.R.N.  More Corruption - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A.C.O.R.N. More Corruption
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Outpost Saloon :: The Outhouse :: Politics-
Jump to: