The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol   The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 7:46 pm

Like I said I only posted two examples of the several I found... Plenty of other articles about the reaction... But I do agree with you... Partisanship and hypocrisy can be attributed to both sides.... I just pointed out that the left was guilty as well.....
Back to top Go down
Ja'far
Wrangler
Wrangler
Ja'far

PostSubject: Re: The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol   The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:01 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
It's really quite simple... You agreed with Gephardt and Schroeder's protest yet disagree with criticism of Obama's speech....

I've disagreed with criticism of Obama's speech? Really? That's awfully convenient. I've actually found much of the dialogue surrounding the proposition to be quite healthy and important for a liberal democracy.

My point was that a large swath of the disagreement over Obama's proposed address to school children was fear and anger largely rooted in the idea that he would proselytize his policy goals onto the submissive minds of our nation's youth (which he didn't, the speech was on point and beneficial). However, that is precisely what was done by two former presidents, to little criticism. It's a matter of inconsistency, or, perhaps, a reflection of the unnatural ire this particular president garners.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol   The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:22 pm

Ja'far wrote:
It's a matter of inconsistency, or, perhaps, a reflection of the unnatural ire this particular president garners.
What was "natural" about the ire directed at our last president?? Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to point out the irony..
Back to top Go down
Ja'far
Wrangler
Wrangler
Ja'far

PostSubject: Re: The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol   The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Ja'far wrote:
It's a matter of inconsistency, or, perhaps, a reflection of the unnatural ire this particular president garners.
What was "natural" about the ire directed at our last president?? Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to point out the irony..

How is it ironic? If you mean to say I'm being hypocritical then I'm not sure what your basis of comparison is.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol   The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:33 pm

Do you agree that the ire towards Bush was "unnatural"??? Or was it deserved???
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol   The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:16 pm

Some ire of both presidents is understandable. The all out war against either of them is/was not.
Back to top Go down
Ja'far
Wrangler
Wrangler
Ja'far

PostSubject: Re: The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol   The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:06 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Some ire of both presidents is understandable. The all out war against either of them is/was not.

thumb
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol   The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 6:28 pm

thumb
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol   The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:13 pm

So by all the thumbs up, all the attacks on Bush were unwarranted..
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol   The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
So by all the thumbs up, all the attacks on Bush were unwarranted..

Let me say it for you again.

Annie Oakley wrote:
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol   The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:37 pm

Awesome!! Now we won't have to listen to no more Bush mantra and the Bush did it too excuse... Disco Banana Disco Banana
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol   The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:51 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Awesome!! Now we won't have to listen to no more Bush mantra and the Bush did it too excuse... Disco Banana Disco Banana

Why the paranoia? tinfoil
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol   The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:18 pm

Not paranoid... Just glad I won't have to hear the "Bush did it too" excuse you always use.. And again thanks.. I was getting sick of that one....
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol   The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:48 am

Ja'far wrote:
Lucas McCain wrote:
Ja'far wrote:

How is it ironic? If you mean to say I'm being hypocritical then I'm not sure what your basis of comparison is.

thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol   The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The President's "Scary" Speech to our school children. lol
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2