The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil Empty
PostSubject: We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil   We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Don't buy into the baloney Obama’s handing you. It isn’t likely to happen, and he knows it. Nothing but rhetoric folks.
Now, let me just say before I set some of you off, it’s nothing new. It’s an old promise I’ve heard for years, he knows it's what people want to hear. He’s not alone in this as you can see.

Richard Nixon
“Let this be our national goal: At the end of this decade, in the year 1980, the United States will not be dependent on any other country for the energy we need to provide our jobs, to heat our homes, and to keep our transportation moving.”

Gerald Ford
“We will never again permit any foreign nation to have Uncle Sam over a barrel of oil.”

Jimmy Carter
“Beginning this moment, this nation will never use more foreign oil than we did in 1977, never.”

George W. Bush
“Nearly four years ago, I submitted a comprehensive energy strategy that encourages conservation, alternative sources, a modernized electricity grid, and more production here at home, including safe, clean nuclear energy. My Clear Skies legislation will cut power plant pollution and improve the health of our citizens. And my budget provides strong funding for leading-edge technology — from hydrogen-fueled cars, to clean coal, to renewable sources such as ethanol. Four years of debate is enough — I urge Congress to pass legislation that makes America more secure and less dependent on foreign energy.”

Barack Obama
“It will be the policy of my administration to reverse our dependence on foreign oil while building a new energy economy that will create millions of jobs”

And the piper plays on…

Last edited by Annie Oakley on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct title)
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Foreign oil   We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:18 pm

I'm a fairly strong liberal in many ways - particularly with respect to social issues but am considered fairly conservative in fiscal (and 2nd Amendment) matters. I got banned from democraticunderground for mentioning this
about some proposed new taxes on small players in the oil business (the awl bidness)
http://www.capitolconnect.com/countrymark/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Too late to edit   We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:10 pm

karlschneider wrote:
I'm a fairly strong liberal in many ways - particularly with respect to social issues but am considered fairly conservative in fiscal (and 2nd Amendment) matters. I got banned from democraticunderground for mentioning this
about some proposed new taxes on small players in the oil business (the awl bidness)

I found out the 3000 dollar figure was bogus...and I informed Countrymark.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/mar/30/house-republicans/GOP-full-of-hot-air-about-Obamas-light-switch-tax/
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Sorry to butt in here but....   We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:52 pm

karlschneider wrote:
karlschneider wrote:

I found out the 3000 dollar figure was bogus...and I informed Countrymark.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/mar/30/house-republicans/GOP-full-of-hot-air-about-Obamas-light-switch-tax/

Welcome to the outpost saloon! Liberals are sorely needed here. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil   We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:11 pm

Welcome, Karl. Beer Toast
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil   We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:44 pm

Too many people are listening to HOW Obama says something rather than listening to WHAT he is saying.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil   We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:01 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Too many people are listening to HOW Obama says something rather than listening to WHAT he is saying.

Deja vu. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil   We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We're Not Getting Off Foreign Oil
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Outpost Saloon :: The Outhouse :: Politics-
Jump to: