The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

‘Made in the USA’ still means something

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

‘Made in the USA’ still means something Empty
PostSubject: ‘Made in the USA’ still means something   ‘Made in the USA’ still means something I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:57 am

Quote :
Many of those who talk economic Armageddon intentionally paint an overly pessimistic picture. They claim U.S. factories are outdated. They complain U.S. products are overpriced. They claim that U.S. workers are lackadaisical and overpaid. They warn U.S. companies are unsuited for 21st-century competition in a global marketplace where everyone from everywhere is competing for everything. They claim a lot of things. And much of what they claim isn't true.

As Stephen Manning of the Associated Press acknowledged in a rare "just the facts" story in mid-February, the U.S. "by far remains the world's leading manufacturer," producing goods valued at a record $1.6 trillion in 2007 — nearly double the $811 billion produced a decade earlier. Indeed, the AP writer noted, "For every $1 of value produced in China's factories [in 2007], America generated $2.50." Not bad for a country that doesn't produce anything anymore.

Link
Back to top Go down
Roy Rogers
Homesteader
Homesteader
Roy Rogers

PostSubject: Re: ‘Made in the USA’ still means something   ‘Made in the USA’ still means something I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:54 pm

Haven't you heard? Perception is reality.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: ‘Made in the USA’ still means something   ‘Made in the USA’ still means something I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:26 pm

Roy Rogers wrote:
Welcome to The Outpost, Roy!! Beer Toast
Back to top Go down
Roy Rogers
Homesteader
Homesteader
Roy Rogers

PostSubject: Re: ‘Made in the USA’ still means something   ‘Made in the USA’ still means something I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:
Roy Rogers wrote:
Welcome to The Outpost, Roy!! Beer Toast
Thank you. Glad to be here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ‘Made in the USA’ still means something   ‘Made in the USA’ still means something I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

‘Made in the USA’ still means something
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Outpost Saloon :: The Outhouse :: Politics-
Jump to: