The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nothing Like Tolerance

Go down 
+8
Tom Gladius
SKINNYPIG
Judge Roy Bean
gringaloca
Curly Bill
Festus
Annie Oakley
Mongo
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

Nothing Like Tolerance Empty
PostSubject: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:24 pm

How does Perez Hilton respond? On a video blog on his website Hilton said, “She lost not because she doesn’t believe in gay marriage, she lost because she’s a dumb witch!” Only he didn't call her a witch. He called the answer “the worst answer in pageant history”. Why? Because it didn't fit with his opinion?

On MSNBC, Hilton says he takes back his apology for calling Prejean that name and then laughs saying that while he called her that epithet he was really thinking of a word much worse, the most disparaging name you can call a woman.

What does Keith Lewis, the Executive Director of Miss California USA/Teen USA have to say?
Quote :
"As co-executive director of Miss CA USA and one of the leaders of the Miss CA family, I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss CA USA 2009 believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman. Although I believe all religions should be able to ordain what unions they see fit, I do not believe our government should be able to discriminate against anyone. Religious beliefs have no place in politics in the Miss CA family."

How much of this PC crap do we have to endure? Why is it OK for this nut job to attack her because of her values? The silence from the left is deafening to me.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:42 pm

This is the first that I have seen of her actual answer. I thought that she presented herself very well and her answer was a non-offensive opinion. Hilton is a hack and his opinion, to me, is nothing more than that of a shock jock.
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:09 am

Annie Oakley wrote:
This is the first that I have seen of her actual answer. I thought that she presented herself very well and her answer was a non-offensive opinion. Hilton is a hack and his opinion, to me, is nothing more than that of a shock jock.
I totally agree. you're a voice of reason, AO.
Back to top Go down
Festus
Festus

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:24 pm

No matter with whom I agree, both had the right to state their opinions...albiet they weren't on the same topic.
Back to top Go down
Curly Bill

Curly Bill

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:59 am

Festus wrote:
No matter with whom I agree, both had the right to state their opinions...albiet they weren't on the same topic.
Calling a person filthy names just because they gave an opinion that you didn't like is hardly the same as stating your opinion. He was a judge. He let his own screwed up bias effect his judging. Something should have been done to exclude him as a judge and recalculate the votes.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:32 pm

Festus wrote:

As close-minded as her opinion may be, she has the right to it. And who cares what Perez thinks anyway? I mean, who is he in the grand scheme of things? I think the whole Miss America pageant is a crock of crap anyway. Women being rewarded for their bodies. Give me a break. Why they bothered to bring politics and other serious subjects into such a cave man like competition is beyond me. The whole thing is a joke and an insult to intelligent women everywhere. They should have asked her why she was degrading herself in a tiny bathing suit for points instead.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:57 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Festus wrote:

As close-minded as her opinion may be, she has the right to it. And who cares what Perez thinks anyway? I mean, who is he in the grand scheme of things? I think the whole Miss America pageant is a crock of crap anyway. Women being rewarded for their bodies. Give me a break. Why they bothered to bring politics and other serious subjects into such a cave man like competition is beyond me. The whole thing is a joke and an insult to intelligent women everywhere. They should have asked her why she was degrading herself in a tiny bathing suit for points instead.
You gott quit holding back, gringa. Tell us how you really feel. Fall Off Chair

I do have to ask, what's close-minded about her opinion?
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:57 am

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Festus wrote:

You gott quit holding back, gringa. Tell us how you really feel. Fall Off Chair

I do have to ask, what's close-minded about her opinion?

Hey, it's not in my personality to hold back. I tell it like I see it.

Well, it's my opinion that her opinion is close-minded. Why? Because I think that when two people love each other then they should be able to get married and make it legal. Our laws shouldn't be based on what the Bible says is right or wrong. This isn't about religion, it's about peoples legal rights. It's up to God to judge people for the life choices they make, not ours.
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:45 am

gringaloca wrote:

Well, it's my opinion that her opinion is close-minded. Why? Because I think that when two people love each other then they should be able to get married and make it legal. Our laws shouldn't be based on what the Bible says is right or wrong. This isn't about religion, it's about peoples legal rights. It's up to God to judge people for the life choices they make, not ours.
Marriage is a religious institution, if they want to have a civil union, fine by me, but marriage, no. no no
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:27 pm

Mongo wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

Marriage is a religious institution, if they want to have a civil union, fine by me, but marriage, no. no no

If that was the case then atheists wouldn't be allowed to get married. That makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:39 pm

Mongo wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

Nonsense. You can get married by a justice of the peace with absolutely no religious ceremony...but you cannot do it without a civil marriage license granted by the state no matter how many preachers you dig up.
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:43 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Mongo wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

If that was the case then atheists wouldn't be allowed to get married. That makes no sense.
Why would an atheist marry in the church Scratch Head

Marriage wasn't started by government, I would think you were aware of that. There is no need for gays to marry, a civil union should be enough.
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:46 pm

karlschneider wrote:
Mongo wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

Nonsense. You can get married by a justice of the peace with absolutely no religious ceremony...but you cannot do it without a civil marriage license granted by the state no matter how many preachers you dig up.
The institution of marriage was created for a man and a woman to be joined together before God.
Makes no difference if you like it or not.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:26 pm

Mongo wrote:
karlschneider wrote:
Mongo wrote:
gringaloca wrote:

The institution of marriage was created for a man and a woman to be joined together before God.
Makes no difference if you like it or not.
You can believe all the myths you want, it doesn't make them true. The institution was originally created (by patriarchs) to legitimize essential ownership of women. Do you have any evidence of one or more gods?

Either way, it's been pretty much a miserable failure...one would think an omnipotent deity would have managed to make it work a little better.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/marriage.html
http://home.valornet.com/krs/boohoo.jpg

Last edited by Doc Holiday on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Violation)
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:37 pm

Yeah, right. I'm going to believe those atheist links you provided, KS.
Marriage is a religious institution for a union between a man and a woman. Sorry if that offends you.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:44 pm

Mongo wrote:
Marriage is a religious institution for a union between a man and a woman. Sorry if that offends you.

Ignorance and bigotry don't offend me...they just make me sad.

Last edited by Doc Holiday on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Violation)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Mongo wrote:
karlschneider wrote:
Mongo wrote:

Ignorance and bigotry don't offend me...they just make me sad.
Calling names won't make you right, my friend.
As Father Juan Ignacio BaƱares Parera, a canon lawyer from the University of Navarre said, "marriage was designed by God's love. It is offered by the reality of nature, it is constituted by the freedom of the man and woman and it is "received and witnessed" by society, as an inherent relationship of justice."

Genesis 2:22-24: "Jehovah God proceeded to build the rib that he had taken from the man [Adam] into a woman and to bring her to the man. Then the man said: 'This is at last bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh. This one will be called Woman, because from man this one was taken.' That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh." God himself brought Eve to Adam.

They didn't just decide to live together with a legal basis for doing so.

Have you managed to locate any evidence for one or more gods yet? It's ironic that bible literalists would rather believe they descended from dirt than from ancient homonyds as evolution demonstrates. (You do know the vatican now has no quarrel with evolution, right?)

Since you brought up the Adam and Eve myth, maybe you could tell me where Mrs. Cain came from...

Last edited by Doc Holiday on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Violation)
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:38 pm

Mongo wrote:

The whole point of this forum is to discuss the issues. If you aren't willing to discuss them and have no intentions of listening to the other side or looking at their evidence, why bother starting this thread? What I don't get about this forum is why liberals are expected to come up with proof with links, etc. but the conservatives opinions are considered fact. Not exactly fair. No
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:47 pm

You show a lack of knowledge about priests when you make blanket statements like "typical priest".

As for the rest of what you stated, I won't even dignify it with an answer since what you seem to want to do is attack religion and anyone that believes it. You have no clue wha my beliefs are, you based your opinion on two posts. No

Last edited by Doc Holiday on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Violation)
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:54 pm

gringaloca wrote:
The whole point of this forum is to discuss the issues. If you aren't willing to discuss them and have no intentions of listening to the other side or looking at their evidence, why bother starting this thread? What I don't get about this forum is why liberals are expected to come up with proof with links, etc. but the conservatives opinions are considered fact. Not exactly fair. No
Attacking someones religion isn't discussing an issue. Give me something to discuss and I'll discuss it.
Where did I say conservatives point of views are fact? In fact, who, other than you, has said that at all? Find that for me and I'll apologize to you.
What links are you looking for exactly?
I gave you a quote from a canon lawyer, but since that didn't seem to qualify for you:

How's this one?
Or this one

Last edited by Mongo on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:16 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Mongo wrote:

Gringa, what isn't fair is that you want to take one exchange between you and I and act as if some law has been laid down to slight liberals. Let's be reasonable, you know that's not the case.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Mongo wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Attacking someones religion isn't discussing an issue. Give me something to discuss and I'll discuss it.
Where did I say conservatives point of views are fact? In fact, who, other than you, has said that at all? Find that for me and I'll apologize to you.
What links are you looking for exactly?
I gave you a quote from a canon lawyer, but since that didn't seem to qualify for you:

How's this one?
Or this one

You do realize that your views against gays were quite offensive right? I guess I don't understand why people are so nuts about men and women being the only ones who should get married because it's so sacred, etc. If that is the case why do so many marriages end in divorce? People don't take it seriously at all anymore. I'm with Dolly Parton on this one...
Quote :
Of course I believe in gay marriage — why shouldn’t they have to suffer just like us straight couples do?
Laughing
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:04 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Mongo wrote:

Gringa, what isn't fair is that you want to take one exchange between you and I and act as if some law has been laid down to slight liberals. Let's be reasonable, you know that's not the case.

Well, you have to admit that I am in the minority on this site and when the site owner himself is very conservative, it makes it rather uncomfortable but I can hold my own. I was expected to provide proof with links and others comments were taken as fact with no proof and opinions were treated as fact. I'm over it now but in the future we should all stay away from the opinion equals fact thing.

Are we cool Judge? Beer Toast
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:19 am

gringaloca wrote:
Well, you have to admit that I am in the minority on this site and when the site owner himself is very conservative, it makes it rather uncomfortable but I can hold my own. I was expected to provide proof with links and others comments were taken as fact with no proof and opinions were treated as fact. I'm over it now but in the future we should all stay away from the opinion equals fact thing.

Are we cool Judge? Beer Toast
Actually, your "side" may be in the majority on this site as of now, but I get your point and thank you for your viewpoint and suggestions. I will do my best to keep things fair.

Heck yes were cool, gringa! I may disagree with you politically, but I admire and respect you and your opinions. Outside of politics, we seem to have some things in common. thumb
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:43 am

gringaloca wrote:
You do realize that your views against gays were quite offensive right? I guess I don't understand why people are so nuts about men and women being the only ones who should get married because it's so sacred, etc. If that is the case why do so many marriages end in divorce? People don't take it seriously at all anymore. I'm with Dolly Parton on this one...
Quote :
Of course I believe in gay marriage — why shouldn’t they have to suffer just like us straight couples do?
Laughing
Offensive? Why? That's the problem I have with the view of gays and those that support their agenda, they expect no resistance. If you say you think marriage is between a man and a woman, then you MUST hate gays and are naturally a bigot. Such nonsense!
I don't like people getting special privileges because of their lifestyle. You have to draw the line. Are we then supposed to allow those that engage in bestiality to marry? What about polygamy? Why should we allow gays to marry but then tell someone how many wives or husbands you're allowed to have?
Divorce is a problem, so why add to it? Marriage should be sacred, but too many people these days couldn't care less about their religion, we've become a society of selfish people that care about what's next for us and how much can we get. Sad. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing Like Tolerance   Nothing Like Tolerance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nothing Like Tolerance
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Outpost Saloon :: The Outhouse :: Politics-
Jump to: