The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here we go.... Hanging of census worker......

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Here we go.... Hanging of census worker...... Empty
PostSubject: Here we go.... Hanging of census worker......   Here we go.... Hanging of census worker...... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:31 pm

I hope Glenn Beck and the rest are happy about starting the hysteria. Now an innocent man is dead for working as a census worker. Clay county's reputation just got a little worse and it sure didn't help Kentucky out. First preachers are telling their congregation to bring guns to church and now we're hanging people in trees for taking a survey for the federal government. I'd be scared to be a mail carrier. I'm sure everyone from Clay county isn't crazy or listening to Fox News every day. I feel sorry for the good people. I'd move out of that place. I'm afraid this is just the tip of the iceberg of what's to come. Evil or Very Mad

Quote :
WASHINGTON — The FBI is investigating the hanging death of a U.S. Census worker near a Kentucky cemetery, and a law enforcement official told The Associated Press the word 'fed" was scrawled on the dead man's chest.

The body of Bill Sparkman, a 51-year-old part-time Census field worker and occasional teacher, was found Sept. 12 in a remote patch of the Daniel Boone National Forest in rural southeast Kentucky. The Census has suspended door-to-door interviews in rural Clay County, where the body was found, pending the outcome of the investigation.

Investigators are still trying to determine whether the death was a killing or a suicide, and if a killing, whether the motive was related to his government job or to anti-government sentiment.

Investigators have said little about the case. The law enforcement official, who was not authorized to discuss the case and requested anonymity, said Wednesday the man was found hanging from a tree and the word "fed" was written on the dead man's chest. The official did not say what type of instrument was used to write the word.

FBI spokesman David Beyer said the bureau is helping state police with the case.

"Our job is to determine if there was foul play involved – and that's part of the investigation – and if there was foul play involved, whether that is related to his employment as a census worker," said Beyer.

Beyer declined to confirm or discuss any details about the crime scene.

Lucindia Scurry-Johnson, assistant director of the Census Bureau's southern office in Charlotte, N.C., said law enforcement officers have told the agency the matter is "an apparent homicide" but nothing else.

Your request is being processed...

Census Worker Hanged: Bill Sparkman Found With "Fed" On Body
digg Share this on Facebook Huffpost - Census Worker Hanged: Bill Sparkman Found With "Fed" On Body stumble reddit del.ico.us ShareThis RSS

DEVLIN BARRETT and JEFFREY McMURRAY | 09/23/09 05:20 PM | AP
I Like ItI Don’t Like It
Read More: Bill Sparkman, Bill Sparkman Hanged, Census Worker, Census Worker Hanged, Census Worker Hanged Fed, Census Worker Hanged With Fed On Body, Census Worker Kentucky, Census Worker Kentucky Hanged, Fed, William Sparkman, William Sparkman Hanged, Politics News
facebook
Share this with friends on Facebook.com!
Get Breaking News Alerts
never spam

Print
Comments

WASHINGTON — The FBI is investigating the hanging death of a U.S. Census worker near a Kentucky cemetery, and a law enforcement official told The Associated Press the word 'fed" was scrawled on the dead man's chest.

The body of Bill Sparkman, a 51-year-old part-time Census field worker and occasional teacher, was found Sept. 12 in a remote patch of the Daniel Boone National Forest in rural southeast Kentucky. The Census has suspended door-to-door interviews in rural Clay County, where the body was found, pending the outcome of the investigation.

Investigators are still trying to determine whether the death was a killing or a suicide, and if a killing, whether the motive was related to his government job or to anti-government sentiment.

Investigators have said little about the case. The law enforcement official, who was not authorized to discuss the case and requested anonymity, said Wednesday the man was found hanging from a tree and the word "fed" was written on the dead man's chest. The official did not say what type of instrument was used to write the word.

FBI spokesman David Beyer said the bureau is helping state police with the case.

"Our job is to determine if there was foul play involved – and that's part of the investigation – and if there was foul play involved, whether that is related to his employment as a census worker," said Beyer.

Beyer declined to confirm or discuss any details about the crime scene.

Lucindia Scurry-Johnson, assistant director of the Census Bureau's southern office in Charlotte, N.C., said law enforcement officers have told the agency the matter is "an apparent homicide" but nothing else.
Story continues below

Census employees were told Sparkman's truck was found nearby, and a computer he was using for work was found inside it, she said. He worked part-time for the Census, usually conducting interviews once or twice a month.

Sparkman has worked for the Census since 2003, spanning five counties in the surrounding area. Much of his recent work had been in Clay County, officials said.

Door-to-door operations have been suspended in Clay County pending a resolution of the investigation, Scurry-Johnson said.

The U.S. Census Bureau is overseen by the Commerce Department.

"We are deeply saddened by the loss of our co-worker," Commerce Secretary Gary Locke said in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with William Sparkman's son, other family and friends."

Locke called him "a shining example of the hardworking men and women employed by the Census Bureau."

Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: Here we go.... Hanging of census worker......   Here we go.... Hanging of census worker...... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:14 pm

I think it is quite a stretch to say that Beck, Rush and Co are responsible for this. That would be just as stereotypical of someone saying a sermon given by any Islamic Cleric in NY in 2001 is responsible for 9-11. Going waaay to far.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Here we go.... Hanging of census worker......   Here we go.... Hanging of census worker...... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:32 pm

Wyatt Earp wrote:
I think it is quite a stretch to say that Beck, Rush and Co are responsible for this. That would be just as stereotypical of someone saying a sermon given by any Islamic Cleric in NY in 2001 is responsible for 9-11. Going waaay to far.

No, I'm not. So far I have no idea if that is what did this but it won't surprise me at all. Why did that guy barricade himself in his house? According to his own family he spent day in and day out listening to fox news and was scared out of his mind. When the police came, he blew them away. You take an unstable mind and add fear via the media...you get bloodshed. How that is a stretch, I don't know. Maybe some people who watch Fox can't see the connection because it doesn't make them go out and shot people but not everyone is working with a fully functional brain either. Glenn Beck is like throwing gasoline on a fire. Hell, I just watched him soak a person on his show with "gasoline", screaming "OBAMA WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO AHEAD AND KILL US NOW!". Total freaking fruitcake and anybody that watches that and doesn't see it, maybe needs to seek professional help. razz2
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: Here we go.... Hanging of census worker......   Here we go.... Hanging of census worker...... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:40 pm

So should all broadcasters (political and other) water down everything they say because some nut may take it to an extreme? Should all priests and preachers stop preaching about abortion on the slight chance that some nut will enter an abortion clinic with an assault rifle to permanently stop abortion there?

I don't think people should stop expressing their opinions (even if I don't agree with them) just because it MIGHT set off some lunatic who agrees them them too an extreme degree. Mentally unstable will go off regardless eventually.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Here we go.... Hanging of census worker......   Here we go.... Hanging of census worker...... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Wyatt Earp wrote:
So should all broadcasters (political and other) water down everything they say because some nut may take it to an extreme? Should all priests and preachers stop preaching about abortion on the slight chance that some nut will enter an abortion clinic with an assault rifle to permanently stop abortion there?

I don't think people should stop expressing their opinions (even if I don't agree with them) just because it MIGHT set off some lunatic who agrees them them too an extreme degree. Mentally unstable will go off regardless eventually.

I am all for free speech but there is a difference between stating your opinion and inciting violence. When you have people like Beck on TV telling his audience that Barack Obama might be the anti-Christ and that the world isn't going to survive through his presidency, people are going to freak out. And it's just flat out lying. Fox News really isn't news at all. It's entertainment but some people don't know that and they take all they say as the gospel. When journalist still had integrity, they knew where to draw the line. Beck and people like him do not. They just keep on pushing, keep on telling outrageous lies and keep on scaring people to death. My father is one of them. For example, my sister wants to go to culinary school. My mother and I tried to talk to her about it because right now there just isn't any jobs in that field. We are all for her chasing her dreams but we want her to explore everything before she makes a decision. My father flips out and says she can go anywhere she wants because he won't have to pay the loan back because in a couple of years the whole world is going to go crazy. There will be no electric. They will be rounding up republicans and putting them in concentration camps, etc.. Where did he learn this? Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh. My dad used to be one of the most laid back person on earth. Now he is a ball of nerves because of what he's been brainwashed to think. I have no problem with people not liking our government and they have every right to say they don't and why but when it's being done for ratings and it's nothing but crazy lies and it's inciting people to do horrible things...it's gone too far.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: Here we go.... Hanging of census worker......   Here we go.... Hanging of census worker...... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 5:03 pm

Well, so much for the case that Beck, Rush, Hannity, and others are to blame for the death of the Census worker due to bogus accusations that they incite people to violence and other horrible things. Turns out the Census worker committed suicide but wanted it to look like murder so his family could get life insurance and other benefits.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091124/ap_on_re_us/us_census_worker_hanged
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Here we go.... Hanging of census worker......   Here we go.... Hanging of census worker...... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:31 am

The liberals and the dumb masses that follow never cease to amaze me. Liberal agendas are ALL based on lies and deception.

I'm betting that most liberals are upset that Beck had nothing to do with this suicide. Things like this are what the liberals thrive on. They can't make it on policy alone.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Here we go.... Hanging of census worker......   Here we go.... Hanging of census worker...... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Wyatt Earp wrote:
Well, so much for the case that Beck, Rush, Hannity, and others are to blame for the death of the Census worker due to bogus accusations that they incite people to violence and other horrible things. Turns out the Census worker committed suicide but wanted it to look like murder so his family could get life insurance and other benefits.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091124/ap_on_re_us/us_census_worker_hanged

I'm surprised but not completely. Anyway, still doesn't change the fact that the nuts you named above are influencing hatred and violence to their followers. Of course not all of their people aren't going to go out and grab a gun and kill an abortion doctor but some will. They are doing nothing but dividing our country more and more every day. What happened to united we stand, divided we fall? I guess that doesn't mean anything to some people anymore. President Obama has been so busy trying to keep both sides happy and for what? The republicans don't want to work with the democrats and the only way the repubs will be happy is if the dems agree and do everything they ask. They don't know compromise (anymore).
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

PostSubject: Re: Here we go.... Hanging of census worker......   Here we go.... Hanging of census worker...... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:39 pm

gringaloca wrote:
I'm surprised but not completely. Anyway, still doesn't change the fact that the nuts you named above are influencing hatred and violence to their followers.

How are they influencing hatred and violence? By expressing their opinions simply because they are to the other extreme of extreme liberals? I had hoped that posting this proof that the bunch of nut job anti-goverment nuts brainwashed by Beck and company did not kill this guy would prove that such an assertion is rediculous. There have been anti-goverment nuts loooong before Beck. Beck, Hannity and Ruch were barely known of during the David Koresh (sp?) incident in Waco, or by Timothy McVeigh but that didn't stop them or other militia nuts from acts of violence. Most of these nuts today probably really don't care what Beck and the boys have to say, they are probably lead by some back woods extremists who are just as bad as the Taliban.

gringaloca wrote:
Of course not all of their people aren't going to go out and grab a gun and kill an abortion doctor but some will.

And they would have most likely if they have never heard of Beck and company.

gringaloca wrote:
They are doing nothing but dividing our country more and more every day.

Kinda Bill Maher?

gringaloca wrote:
President Obama has been so busy trying to keep both sides happy and for what?

Obama has been trying to keep both sides happy? How? Some of his views are so extreme he is having trouble keeping the moderate wing of Dem party on his side. Many political analysts on CNN, Fox and MSNBC have stated that many of these democrats up for election in 2010 will have to be careful to distance themselves from Obama as far as public perception as much as possible because the public has woke up are realized Obama is not the centrist uniter that he sold the country on hence why his ratings fell like they did.

gringaloca wrote:
The republicans don't want to work with the democrats and the only way the repubs will be happy is if the dems agree and do everything they ask. They don't know compromise (anymore)

That's true for both parties, you can't even try to claim it is not. The Republicans are acting just as childish as the dem's did back when Bush was president.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here we go.... Hanging of census worker......   Here we go.... Hanging of census worker...... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here we go.... Hanging of census worker......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Outpost Saloon :: The Outhouse :: Politics-
Jump to: