The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some Empty
PostSubject: I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some in the GOP.   I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:05 pm

Sarah and her followers tried to make President Obama look bad my saying he "palled around with terrorists" but if you are a republican and call yourself a terrorist, you get applause and praise. More of the double standards and hypocrisy from the right.

Quote :
GOP Congressman Applauds Attendee Who Says “I am a proud right wing terrorist”
Bookmark and Share Share This

Posted by Greg Berlin
Aug 22, 2009

At a health care town hall meeting, Republican Congressman Wally Herger (CA-02) ramped up more of the same fear tactics to scare his constituents away from President Obama's plan for reform:

"Our democracy has never been threatened as much as it is today," Herger said to a loud standing ovation.

Herger even "praised" an attendee who likened himself to a terrorist:

One speaker said he could trace his ancestors back to the Mayflower and said "they did not arrive holding their hands out for help."

"I am a proud right wing terrorist," he declared to cheers.

Herger praised the man's attitude.

"Amen, God bless you," Herger said with a broad smile. "There is a great American."

PS Idiot, when your ancestors arrived they were eventually all starving and even digging up the corpses of the dead to eat. They sure did have their hands held out to the Native Americans to save their behinds and make it through winter. What a total moron.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some   I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:13 pm

I'm sure the guy that said he was a proud terrorist was saying so to fly in the face of the Pelosi types that called people at town halls, Brown Shirts and terrorists.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some   I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:13 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
I'm sure the guy that said he was a proud terrorist was saying so to fly in the face of the Pelosi types that called people at town halls, Brown Shirts and terrorists.

Well, it's not a term I would use lightly even if I was trying to make some weird point. Nobody should be proud or flaunt the fact that they are being called terrorist.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some   I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:21 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:

Well, it's not a term I would use lightly even if I was trying to make some weird point. Nobody should be proud or flaunt the fact that they are being called terrorist.
I agree, however, I think it worse of our government officials calling the people that just because they disagree with an issue and are demonstrating. Used to be the Democrats encouraged demonstrations, funny how things have changed.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some   I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:44 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:

I agree, however, I think it worse of our government officials calling the people that just because they disagree with an issue and are demonstrating. Used to be the Democrats encouraged demonstrations, funny how things have changed.

Well, the problem is that there are a few wackos on the right who are doing more than demonstrating. They are acting like total fools and make communication virtually impossible. And when time is taken up by yelling weirdos screaming that Obama is a secret Muslim, that Obama is going to kill their grandmother, Obama is Hitler and carrying firearms around, it is no longer a productive meeting. And I am all for people having the right to own guns but they have NO BUSINESS bringing them to a protest where things can get ugly fast and the President is in the vicinity. It's just inviting trouble. What I find odd is how these people are being called patriots by the right because they are screaming racial slurs, holding up misspelled signs with death threats to the president, and totally ignorant statements like "keep your government hands off my social security" BUT when liberals march against war and the murder of innocent people, we are called Un-American and told to leave the country because we don't belong here. Quite a double standard there.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some   I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:51 pm

One point is that Obama DID pal around with proven terrorist...

Ayers' Organization, The Weather Underground, Was A "Violent Left-Wing Activist Group":

"William Ayers ... [Was] A Founding Member Of The Group That Bombed The U.S. Capitol And The Pentagon During The 1970s." (Russell Berman, "Obama's Ties To Left Come Under Scrutiny," The New York Sun, 2/19/08)

* Ayers' Group, The Weather Underground, Is A "Violent Left-Wing Activist Group." "Senator Obama's ties to a former leader of the violent left-wing activist group the Weather Underground are drawing new scrutiny as he battles Senator Clinton for the Democratic presidential nomination." (Russell Berman, "Obama's Ties To Left Come Under Scrutiny," The New York Sun, 2/19/08)

The Weather Underground Produced A Manual Which Begins, "We Are A Guerrilla Organization. We Are Communist Women And Men, Underground In The United States For More Than Four Years." "The coalition was said to be a violence-prone faction inspired by the Weather Underground's ''Prairie Fire,'' a guerrilla warfare manual published in 1974. The manual begins, 'We are a guerrilla organization. We are Communist women and men, underground in the United States for more than four years.'" (Paul L. Montgomery, "2 Women In Brink's Case Identified With Weathermen From Start In '69," The New York Times, 10/ 22/81)
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some   I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:27 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:

Well, the problem is that there are a few wackos on the right who are doing more than demonstrating. They are acting like total fools and make communication virtually impossible. And when time is taken up by yelling weirdos screaming that Obama is a secret Muslim, that Obama is going to kill their grandmother, Obama is Hitler and carrying firearms around, it is no longer a productive meeting. And I am all for people having the right to own guns but they have NO BUSINESS bringing them to a protest where things can get ugly fast and the President is in the vicinity. It's just inviting trouble. What I find odd is how these people are being called patriots by the right because they are screaming racial slurs, holding up misspelled signs with death threats to the president, and totally ignorant statements like "keep your government hands off my social security" BUT when liberals march against war and the murder of innocent people, we are called Un-American and told to leave the country because we don't belong here. Quite a double standard there.

I wanted to mention the bolded yesterday, but my wording was all confounded, so I quit trying. Very valid point IMO.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some   I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:29 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
One point is that Obama DID pal around with proven terrorist...

Ayers' Organization, The Weather Underground, Was A "Violent Left-Wing Activist Group":

"William Ayers ... [Was] A Founding Member Of The Group That Bombed The U.S. Capitol And The Pentagon During The 1970s." (Russell Berman, "Obama's Ties To Left Come Under Scrutiny," The New York Sun, 2/19/08)

* Ayers' Group, The Weather Underground, Is A "Violent Left-Wing Activist Group." "Senator Obama's ties to a former leader of the violent left-wing activist group the Weather Underground are drawing new scrutiny as he battles Senator Clinton for the Democratic presidential nomination." (Russell Berman, "Obama's Ties To Left Come Under Scrutiny," The New York Sun, 2/19/08)

The Weather Underground Produced A Manual Which Begins, "We Are A Guerrilla Organization. We Are Communist Women And Men, Underground In The United States For More Than Four Years." "The coalition was said to be a violence-prone faction inspired by the Weather Underground's ''Prairie Fire,'' a guerrilla warfare manual published in 1974. The manual begins, 'We are a guerrilla organization. We are Communist women and men, underground in the United States for more than four years.'" (Paul L. Montgomery, "2 Women In Brink's Case Identified With Weathermen From Start In '69," The New York Times, 10/ 22/81)

If you wish to bring up this whole issue (as "pal around with" might be a little stronger than the truth) in a new thread, have at it.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some   I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:57 pm

My point IS valid to the thread.. It's the double standard point you high-lighted.. Obama can call those who don't agree brown shirts and terrorist, but it's OK for him to be buddies with a PROVEN terrorist... Quite a double standard there....
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some   I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:27 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
My point IS valid to the thread.. It's the double standard point you high-lighted.. Obama can call those who don't agree brown shirts and terrorist, but it's OK for him to be buddies with a PROVEN terrorist... Quite a double standard there....

I thought that the brown shirt comment was from Pelosi, not Obama. Honestly, I only heard that info second hand, so I could easily be wrong. Have a link to anything that supports that Obama used this?

Buddies is a might bit overdone on that one.

Anything to add to the topic that is NOT defense?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some   I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:33 pm

What should I do ?? Just agree?? Just making my point that the left is guilty of double standards also... Don't you agree??
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some   I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:35 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
What should I do ?? Just agree?? Just making my point that the left is guilty of double standards also... Don't you agree??

I agree that the left is also guilty of double standards.

Nothing on the brown shirt/terrorist accusation? I'd really like to know who said it.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some   I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:42 pm

I think the brown shirt and terrorist comments were made by others on the left including Pelosi.. It has been repeated several times so it must be a liberal talking point condoned by the white house since Obama has made no objections....
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some   I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
I think the brown shirt and terrorist comments were made by others on the left including Pelosi.. It has been repeated several times so it must be a liberal talking point condoned by the white house since Obama has made no objections....

How much time do you think this President has to address every one of these issues? I'd say he is a bit tied up with more important business right now. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some   I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I guess Timothy McVey was a great American according to some
Page 1 of 1