The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lewin Group FAIL.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Lewin Group FAIL..... Empty
PostSubject: Lewin Group FAIL.....   Lewin Group FAIL..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Quote :
Imagine you're an insurance company making billions of dollars by charging people tons of money for health care. Now, imagine there's a reform bill in Congress that could end your stranglehold on the market, forcing you to lower your prices and improve your services.

How would you respond? By buying your own think tank to generate anti-health reform studies, of course.

Quote :
It gets worse. Republicans in Congress are actually playing along. Not only are they citing these studies from the Lewin Group with a straight face, they're using words like "independent," and "non-partisan" to describe it. What they're forgetting to say is that their research firm is "owned by a private insurance company," and "completely biased when it comes to health care."

These are the private groups who are scaring everybody about health care reform. Of course, the super rich insurance companies don't want a solution to this problem, they just want to keep on making that dollar while people die or lose everything because of our current health care state.... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Roy Rogers
Homesteader
Homesteader
Roy Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Lewin Group FAIL.....   Lewin Group FAIL..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:08 pm

If everybody would just read the bill, and stop listening to sound bites, they'd find all they need to scare them right there.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Lewin Group FAIL.....   Lewin Group FAIL..... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:35 pm

Roy Rogers wrote:
If everybody would just read the bill, and stop listening to sound bites, they'd find all they need to scare them right there.

I've been reading through it (since it's basically a novel) and it hasn't scared me yet. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lewin Group FAIL.....   Lewin Group FAIL..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lewin Group FAIL.....
Page 1 of 1