The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More On Cap And Trade

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

More On Cap And Trade Empty
PostSubject: More On Cap And Trade   More On Cap And Trade I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 6:43 pm

I know a lot of folks don't understand how this disaster will affect them.. I know some don't even care but for the ones who do... http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123655590609066021.html
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: More On Cap And Trade   More On Cap And Trade I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 6:55 pm

I think other states will join Ohio and outlaw cap and trade in their state.. Don't think the government can decide what a state can produce.. But I'm sure they will try to trample on state rights once again.. A lot of other folks are starting to get the full picture also.. http://www.mikepence.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3553&Itemid=76
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: More On Cap And Trade   More On Cap And Trade I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Everyone make sure to take a look at the "sticky" posted at the top of the political forum. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Roy Rogers
Homesteader
Homesteader
Roy Rogers

PostSubject: Re: More On Cap And Trade   More On Cap And Trade I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 3:03 pm

I love this part.....

Quote :
Cap and trade, in other words, is a scheme to redistribute income and wealth -- but in a very curious way. It takes from the working class and gives to the affluent; takes from Miami, Ohio, and gives to Miami, Florida; and takes from an industrial America that is already struggling and gives to rich Silicon Valley and Wall Street "green tech" investors who know how to leverage the political class.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: More On Cap And Trade   More On Cap And Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:16 pm

Roy Rogers wrote:
I love this part.....

Quote :
Cap and trade, in other words, is a scheme to redistribute income and wealth -- but in a very curious way. It takes from the working class and gives to the affluent; takes from Miami, Ohio, and gives to Miami, Florida; and takes from an industrial America that is already struggling and gives to rich Silicon Valley and Wall Street "green tech" investors who know how to leverage the political class.
Exactly... People need to educate themselves on this policy instead blindly following Obama...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: More On Cap And Trade   More On Cap And Trade I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:49 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Roy Rogers wrote:
I love this part.....

Quote :
Exactly... People need to educate themselves on this policy instead blindly following Obama...

Who exactly is blindly following him? confused I'm sure not and neither are congress or the senate. Who is?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: More On Cap And Trade   More On Cap And Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:52 am

All the ones who believe the left's spin and disregards the facts..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: More On Cap And Trade   More On Cap And Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
All the ones who believe the left's spin and disregards the facts..

Who?? And you do realize that what you call facts are usually not facts at all. What you say is usually the right's "spin" on a certain subject. That is unless you can see into the future with some magic ball. Falling for either sides spin is ignorant. Being able to think freely about the subject without injecting political bias is the only way you can find the "facts". When exactly did you first hear about cap and trade and who from? 9 times out of 10 you will get your original info and ideas from someone who favors your particular party and any ideas that come from the opposite side will already be tainted with propaganda. Not because everything the democrats do is horrible, just because they aren't republicans. If a republican came up with some of the same ideas that democrats did, you would be more comfortable with it and let it slide. That's the reason why most republicans remained silent as Bush passed the first TARP. I just think it's hypocritical. If only we could have seen what it would have been like if McCain had won. What would his big plan been to save us from this financial situation we are in? Starting another war in Iran and North Korea? Boy, that would have really helped. Rolling Eyes I have a feeling that he would have passed another TARP because the first one wasn't big enough. The dems would all be upset and confused by it and the republicans would be telling us to suck it up because it's what is best for the US. Same old crap, different party. As I've said before, if anyone (republican or otherwise) has some brilliant idea to save our behinds, then let's hear it. So far there has been no takers and that's because there is no easy answer or 100% foolproof plan. Nobody knows what is going to happen because we are in uncharted waters and changing the captain of the ship really isn't going to change anything.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: More On Cap And Trade   More On Cap And Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:15 pm

Cap and trade has nothing to do with TARP.. Does Obama have one of those magic balls that sees the future??? Do you think cap and trade will help the economy?? If so, how? Or are you for the policy because Obama says so? Not attacking, I just can't find any one in favor of the policy to explain why they are for it...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: More On Cap And Trade   More On Cap And Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:40 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Cap and trade has nothing to do with TARP.. Does Obama have one of those magic balls that sees the future??? Do you think cap and trade will help the economy?? If so, how? Or are you for the policy because Obama says so? Not attacking, I just can't find any one in favor of the policy to explain why they are for it...

Who were talking about in the previous post? Who's blindly following along?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: More On Cap And Trade   More On Cap And Trade I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:47 pm

The people in favor of the bill that don't even know what it means..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More On Cap And Trade   More On Cap And Trade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More On Cap And Trade
Page 1 of 1