The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Example of Media Bias

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

An Example of Media Bias Empty
PostSubject: An Example of Media Bias   An Example of Media Bias I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:45 am

The reporter calls it a"Fox news" crowd. She asks if the guy knows the state of Lincoln gets 50 billion dollars out of the stimulus, she fails to mention that he and the rest of the tax payers will have to pay for it.

Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: An Example of Media Bias   An Example of Media Bias I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:34 am

That was obviously just set up to take a slam at Fox.

Step 1. Find a kooky guy.

Step 2. Argue with kooky guy in order to incite crowd.

Step 3. Paint crowd as an angry mob of extremists.

Step 4. Tie angry mob to your competitor.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: An Example of Media Bias   An Example of Media Bias I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:29 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:
That was obviously just set up to take a slam at Fox.

Step 1. Find a kooky guy.

Step 2. Argue with kooky guy in order to incite crowd.

Step 3. Paint crowd as an angry mob of extremists.

Step 4. Tie angry mob to your competitor.

Rolling Eyes
I couldn't agree more. What about that report was unbiased? It's pathetic what journalism has become. No
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
John Reid
Homesteader
Homesteader
John Reid

PostSubject: Re: An Example of Media Bias   An Example of Media Bias I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:55 am

She has committed the Cardinal Sin of a news reporter. She made herself part of the story. Her job was to report on the gathering and get some comments from the crowd. She decided to make herself the story by putting forth her own opinion, which is not something you do at that place and time.

Much like Alan Cutler running down Billy Gillispie looking for a comment he knew he wasn't going to get, this woman is an @$$ and a bad reporter.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: An Example of Media Bias   An Example of Media Bias I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:50 pm

John Reid wrote:

Much like Alan Cutler running down Billy Gillispie looking for a comment he knew he wasn't going to get, this woman is an @$$ and a bad reporter.
John R. - It's okay, you can say "ass".....well, for now. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: An Example of Media Bias   An Example of Media Bias I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:55 pm

John Reid wrote:
She has committed the Cardinal Sin of a news reporter. She made herself part of the story. Her job was to report on the gathering and get some comments from the crowd. She decided to make herself the story by putting forth her own opinion, which is not something you do at that place and time.

Exactly! Journalism is sadly a mere shadow of what it once was. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Example of Media Bias   An Example of Media Bias I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Example of Media Bias
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Outpost Saloon :: The Outhouse :: Politics-
Jump to: