The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prejudice: A Traditional Value?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Prejudice: A Traditional Value? Empty
PostSubject: Prejudice: A Traditional Value?   Prejudice: A Traditional Value? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:49 pm

Slur lands candidate in hotseat

Note to Republican state Sen. Kim Hendren of Arkansas: Sen. Chuck Schumer has a name. How about you use it next time?

The state senator - who plans to challenge Democratic U.S. Sen. Blanche Lincoln in 2010 - said he regrets referring to Schumer as "that Jew" during a GOP meeting earlier this month. As reported May 14 in the Arkansas News:

"I don't speak with a TelePrompTer, and if I had, that reference would have never made it in there," Hendren said. "I know I referred to him as Jew or Jewish, and I should not have done that. I got my foot in my mouth."

Then, according to the New York Daily News, he went up to his knee.

"I was attempting to explain that unlike Sen. Schumer, I believe in traditional values, like we used to see on 'The Andy Griffith Show.'"

Golly gee, Opie. We didn't know prejudice was a traditional value.

Hendren spouted off after Schumer had described conservative Republicans as "hard right" on MSNBC's "The Rachel Maddow Show," the Daily News said.

But Hendren denied being prejudiced. He told the Arkansas News that "I don't have any issue with Jews or Jewish people or whatever the politically correct term they wish to be identified as."

We're not sure what's most offensive, the comment itself or Hendren's lack of apology?Link
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Prejudice: A Traditional Value?   Prejudice: A Traditional Value? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:47 pm

Reminds me of this guy.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Prejudice: A Traditional Value?   Prejudice: A Traditional Value? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:01 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Reminds me of this guy.

Laughing

Good Lord. I bet Barack would like to send Biden overseas for the next three years to do some diplomatic work in a country without any sort of media. Disco Banana
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Prejudice: A Traditional Value?   Prejudice: A Traditional Value? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:04 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Good Lord. I bet Barack would like to send Biden overseas for the next three years to do some diplomatic work in a country without any sort of media. Disco Banana
Laughing

At least he's entertaining!
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Prejudice: A Traditional Value?   Prejudice: A Traditional Value? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:11 pm

Mongo wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Laughing

At least he's entertaining!

Yes, he is that! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prejudice: A Traditional Value?   Prejudice: A Traditional Value? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prejudice: A Traditional Value?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Outpost Saloon :: The Outhouse :: Politics-
Jump to: