The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? Empty
PostSubject: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Megan McCain says include them.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Megan is one smart cookie from what I've seen from her so far. Wouldn't mind having her on our side!
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:44 am

I say oust ALL republicans currently holding a position in Washington. Vote them out! I'm tired of watching them complain and whine about everything this liberal admin is doing without standing up to them & BHO. The timing is perfect for a young conservative to look BHO in the face and demoralize him in 2012. This country is starving for a fiscally responsible government and at this time we most certainly don't have one.

And don't give me that tiring "last eight years" crap. Bush moderated! He started this stuff that BHO is continuing. Bush was a lot of things, a conservative is not one of them.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:31 am

SKINNYPIG wrote:
I say oust ALL republicans currently holding a position in Washington. Vote them out! I'm tired of watching them complain and whine about everything this liberal admin is doing without standing up to them & BHO. The timing is perfect for a young conservative to look BHO in the face and demoralize him in 2012. This country is starving for a fiscally responsible government and at this time we most certainly don't have one.

And don't give me that tiring "last eight years" crap. Bush moderated! He started this stuff that BHO is continuing. Bush was a lot of things, a conservative is not one of them.

So, what do you think about Megan McCain's opinion? She is a moderate republican, one who is socially liberal. So you think that someone that falls along her line is the answer? Or should the republican party stick to purely conservative lines?
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:21 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

So, what do you think about Megan McCain's opinion? She is a moderate republican, one who is socially liberal. So you think that someone that falls along her line is the answer? Or should the republican party stick to purely conservative lines?

I can't say on Megan. I hardly ever watch TV when it comes to politics anymore. I don't know her views. If you say she's "moderate" but socially liberal, I'd have to say no. She sure is pretty though. flower

At this time I don't have a legit candidate in mind. I'm hoping one will emerge soon. A conservative that will lay off all the gay, abortion type stuff and get down to the constitution, smaller government and fiscal responsibility. One that is a patriot through and through and loves this country for what she has done and will do. One that will stand up and defend his/her country against anyone that tries to shame it. One that will stand up for freedom, liberty, our capitalist economy and reward the ones that are willing to work. One that will not stick his/her nose into every nook and cranny of my families life. One that doesn't view the USA as immoral or unjust. One that's not radical but rooted deep into the foundation of this country. Not one that wants to "re-make" our country, but restore her.

WOW! Is that asking too much?
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:44 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

I can't say on Megan. I hardly ever watch TV when it comes to politics anymore. I don't know her views. If you say she's "moderate" but socially liberal, I'd have to say no. She sure is pretty though. flower

At this time I don't have a legit candidate in mind. I'm hoping one will emerge soon. A conservative that will lay off all the gay, abortion type stuff and get down to the constitution, smaller government and fiscal responsibility. One that is a patriot through and through and loves this country for what she has done and will do. One that will stand up and defend his/her country against anyone that tries to shame it. One that will stand up for freedom, liberty, our capitalist economy and reward the ones that are willing to work. One that will not stick his/her nose into every nook and cranny of my families life. One that doesn't view the USA as immoral or unjust. One that's not radical but rooted deep into the foundation of this country. Not one that wants to "re-make" our country, but restore her.

The article that I linked discusses her opinion. That is what this thread is about.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

The article that I linked discusses her opinion. That is what this thread is about.

The title of the thread is Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I seen the link to Megan but wasn't interested in reading it. Does that disqualify my post? What about my opinion in my previous post? Since I didn't read the link, does that mean you can't reply specifically to mine?
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:31 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

The title of the thread is Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I seen the link to Megan but wasn't interested in reading it. Does that disqualify my post? What about my opinion in my previous post? Since I didn't read the link, does that mean you can't reply specifically to mine?

Skinny, I'll be happy to discuss other issues, but let's get the ones related to this thread answered first. What does the republican party do with moderates? Socially liberal republicans? Those and the other questions I asked in post four.
Back to top Go down
Tom Gladius
Homesteader
Homesteader
Tom Gladius

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:35 pm

If they want to survive as a party they will need to include them. They also need to court the Hispanic population like no other.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:44 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

Skinny, I'll be happy to discuss other issues, but let's get the ones related to this thread answered first. What does the republican party do with moderates? Socially liberal republicans? Those and the other questions I asked in post four.

Silence and move farther away from them. You see what McCain did for the republican party.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:48 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Silence and move farther away from them. You see what McCain did for the republican party.

Thanks for answering! thumb

However, I think that I am going to agree with Tom on this one. The Republican party cannot remain stagnant and unchanging if it is to regain popularity.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:55 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

However, I think that I am going to agree with Tom on this one. The Republican party cannot remain stagnant and unchanging if it is to regain popularity.

I will also agree that the republican party is stagnant and unchanging. My point is that they don't need to move to the middle or left for the sake of change, they need to move towards conservatism (as I described). Not one time have I complimented the current republican party representing us in Washington. They are whiners, the whole lot of them.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:58 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

Yes, what they are doing now is not working. They need to go back to their roots and stop letting religious organizations run the party. They've lost touch with what they were all about back in the day. Now they are totally out of touch with what is really important to our country. They are outdated and need to get with the program.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:59 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

I will also agree that the republican party is stagnant and unchanging. My point is that they don't need to move to the middle or left for the sake of change, they need to move towards conservatism (as I described). Not one time have I complimented the current republican party representing us in Washington. They are whiners, the whole lot of them.

Which voters do you think will be picked up if the party moves toward a more conservative stance?

What do you think will happen to the more moderate or socially liberal republicans?
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:08 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

Which voters do you think will be picked up if the party moves toward a more conservative stance?

What do you think will happen to the more moderate or socially liberal republicans?

I believe that after a few more years of the TAX & SPEND/BAILOUT/TAKEOVER/NATIONALIZING current admin, conservatism will look a lot better to a wide range of voters.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:12 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

I believe that after a few more years of the TAX & SPEND/BAILOUT/TAKEOVER/NATIONALIZING current admin, conservatism will look a lot better to a wide range of voters.

For the sake of discussion, let's say that doesn't happen.

What will happen to the moderate/socially liberal republicans?
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:34 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

I don't have anything to back this up other than it's a hunch of mine. There is a sleeping giant (the majority of registered non-voters that lean towards the conservative side) out there that are sitting back and waiting for the next election. If, a big if, a real conservative comes out in 2012 they will support him/her.

In other words, I think the moderate/socially liberal republicans will be more anxious to move right in the next election with the right candidate.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:42 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:

I don't have anything to back this up other than it's a hunch of mine. There is a sleeping giant (the majority of registered non-voters that lean towards the conservative side) out there that are sitting back and waiting for the next election. If, a big if, a real conservative comes out in 2012 they will support him/her.

In other words, I think the moderate/socially liberal republicans will be more anxious to move right in the next election with the right candidate.
I totally agree with you, Skinnypig.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:19 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

Isn't that just what happened last year? You can't get much more "conservative" than Sarah Palin and the right wing religious right came out of the woodwork for her. I don't know how much more conservative you could get without putting Rick Warren and Pat Robertson on the ticket.
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:38 pm

gringaloca wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

Isn't that just what happened last year? You can't get much more "conservative" than Sarah Palin and the right wing religious right came out of the woodwork for her. I don't know how much more conservative you could get without putting Rick Warren and Pat Robertson on the ticket.

I like Sarah, but she was vice and the liberal media made mountains out of molehills (attacked her) because they seen the uprising in the republican base. The most unfair biased attacks I've ever seen. Why didn't the network media scrutinize Obama the same way? They could have destroyed him as well.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:47 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

You keep avoiding my basic questions. But, I am patient and don't give up. Wink

For the sake of discussion, let's say that things go better than you expect with the Obama adminstration (humor me...this is not the important part of the question).

Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

For the sake of discussion, let's say that things go better than you expect with the Obama adminstration (humor me...this is not the important part of the question).

You are going to have to define "things go better than you expect with the Obama adminstration" before I can comment.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:02 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

You are going to have to define "things go better than you expect with the Obama adminstration" before I can comment.

doh Oh, come on....this is not an Obama issue.

With all else being equal, what will happen to the moderate and socially liberal republicans if the conservative party takes a harder stance?
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

doh Oh, come on....this is not an Obama issue.

With all else being equal, what will happen to the moderate and socially liberal republicans if the conservative party takes a harder stance?

As you are fully aware...I'm struggling here. What conservative party? I'm unaware of a coservative/republican party at this time. As I said in earlier posts, one must emerge to revive it.

If the "conservative party" consists of what's currently in office, moderate and socially liberal conservatives will drift farther away from the republican party. If they will LISTEN to Newt (I like Newt) with an open mind he could win them over.

I would love to see a Newt vs any liberal debate. He can disect any issue like no other and IMO he is a true statesman.

I know this still may not answer your question.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:25 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
SKINNYPIG wrote:

I like Sarah, but she was vice and the liberal media made mountains out of molehills (attacked her) because they seen the uprising in the republican base. The most unfair biased attacks I've ever seen. Why didn't the network media scrutinize Obama the same way? They could have destroyed him as well.

Well, it's probably because Sarah Palin isn't as bright as Obama. When someone is going to be a heartbeat away from the president, you want them to know basic things (for example...Africa is a continent and not a country). And as I said before, how can the republican party get any more conservative. Who do you want in the white house? You are being really vague.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?   Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should the Republican party silence the moderates or embrace and include them?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next