The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good Luck Doc Holiday

Go down 
+6
Ms. Kitty
Pat Garrett
Doc Holiday
John Reid
Lucas McCain
Judge Roy Bean
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

Good Luck Doc Holiday Empty
PostSubject: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:24 am

I hope all goes as planned and everything works out for you today. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:26 am

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
I hope all goes as planned and everything works out for you today. cheers
Ditto!!!
Back to top Go down
John Reid
Homesteader
Homesteader
John Reid

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:38 am

I will expect a "I'm Your Huckleberry!" when this is all said and done. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:53 am

Jeez! You people act like you know me or somethin'! Cool Shades

Thanks! Beer Toast
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:18 pm

Update???
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Update???

No news to report right now. I still need to have a major test and maybe some minor surgery. But one of my other doctors has decided to (finally) get involved. He wants to see me right away, so I may put things on hold in order to get his input.

thumb
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:26 pm

John Reid wrote:
I will expect a "I'm Your Huckleberry!" when this is all said and done. Good Luck.
I had to Google that one. Ride
Back to top Go down
Pat Garrett
Homesteader
Homesteader
Pat Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:32 pm

I hope everything is ok Doc.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:17 pm

Pat Garrett wrote:
I hope everything is ok Doc.

Thanks Pat. Will let you all know. thumb
Back to top Go down
Pat Garrett
Homesteader
Homesteader
Pat Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Will be praying for you.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:20 am

I finally got past the gatekeeper! I talked directly to the lung doctor's nurse, and she put me down for 1 P.M. on Friday. cheers

Suppose I'll schedule the sleep study for next week. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this may all be over by the middle of the month. If not, then hopefully by my birthday at the end of the month. It this all works out, it will be the most awesome birthday ever!
Drinkers Disco Banana sunny

[Apologies if this is the 27th time you've read this, on four different sites.] Wink
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:17 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:
I finally got past the gatekeeper! I talked directly to the lung doctor's nurse, and she put me down for 1 P.M. on Friday. cheers

Suppose I'll schedule the sleep study for next week. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this may all be over by the middle of the month. If not, then hopefully by my birthday at the end of the month. It this all works out, it will be the most awesome birthday ever!

[Apologies if this is the 27th time you've read this, on four different sites.] Wink
Great! I hope all goes well!
I'm keeping you in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Ms. Kitty
Homesteader
Homesteader
Ms. Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:53 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:

Thinking of you as always, Doc! Let's hope for a great birthday indeed!
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 3:01 pm

Ms. Kitty wrote:
Thinking of you as always, Doc! Let's hope for a great birthday indeed!
I am hoping. If it happens before then, it will be awesome! cheers
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 2:48 pm

Just got back from the lung doctor. He said I could choose whichever sleep study place can get me in faster. He's also been consulting with my ear, nose & throat doctor, and will be continuing to do so through this process. He scheduled my next appointment for June 15. He figures the sleep study will be done by then.

If I do well on the sleep study, he'll talk to the other doctor, and they may remove the trach on the 15th. Or they may decide to play it safe and put in what they call a "button." This would be nothing more than a plug, which is flush with the neckline and serves to keep the hole open. Essentially, he said, it was like keeping one foot on second base until we're absolutley sure I can make it on my own.

If I do have a problem in the sleep study, they'll discuss the need for surgery to my throat -- tonsils, uvula, and so forth. Then, I guess, another test would be done, and we'd go from there. I'm also having trouble with my cough and voice strength. So they're going to discuss whether I need speech therapy to strengthen my vocal cords.

That's pretty much where we stand for now. But if I can get the sleep study done right away, I might just see if I can coax the other doctor (E.N.T.) into seeing me before June 15...sort of accelerate the process. Cool Shades

Hey, just because I have to be a patient doesn't mean I have to have patience. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 4:54 pm

Great news, Doc!
I pray all goes the way you hope it too. Beer Toast
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 8:30 pm

Oh, I found out today that they actually have a medical name for this thing I'm going through -- "decanulation." So I've decided to not have this done after all. That name is just way too scary! Sounds too much like "cancelation"...decapitation...or castration. Time Out

Now if it had a more innocent sounding name, I might go through with it. But "decanulation?" I don't think so!

Chase

Last edited by Doc Holiday on Sat May 09, 2009 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 8:32 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:
Oh, I found out today that they actually have a medical name for this thing I'm going through -- "decanulation." So I've decided to not have this done after all. That name is just way too scary! Sounds too much like "canellation"...decapitation...or castration. Time Out

Now if it had a more innocent sounding name, I might go through with it. But "decanulation?" I don't think so!

Chase
I am just so darn proud of you!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 9:51 pm

Kgirl wrote:
Doc Holiday wrote:
Oh, I found out today that they actually have a medical name for this thing I'm going through -- "decanulation." So I've decided to not have this done after all. That name is just way too scary! Sounds too much like "canellation"...decapitation...or castration. Time Out

Chase
Thanks kgirl. But it's far from over. I've been doing some Googling tonight. I was kidding above, but now I really am scared! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:19 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:
Kgirl wrote:
Doc Holiday wrote:

Chase
Thanks kgirl. But it's far from over. I've been doing some Googling tonight. I was kidding above, but now I really am scared! Shocked
Stop talking like that...this is a family board we are running here Smile Laughing Laughing

Seriously, Please don't be scared. Remember what you told me.......God will take care of you? Well, right back at ya buddy.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Keep your thoughts positive, Doc!
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:54 pm

Hey Doc! I don't have any idea what is going on with you but I hope things are going ok. If you ever want to talk about medical issues, just holler. I'm disabled and have spent more time being cut on and experimented on than I care to remember so I'm here for you if you need a shoulder to lean on.

Take care!
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:19 pm

gringaloca wrote:
I'm disabled and have spent more time being cut on and experimented on than I care to remember so I'm here for you if you need a shoulder to lean on.

You sound like my twin. Very Happy

Thanks. I may take you up on that sometime. thumb
Back to top Go down
Pat Garrett
Homesteader
Homesteader
Pat Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:54 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:

Chase

rofl Keep the good thoughts! thumb
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:56 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
I'm disabled and have spent more time being cut on and experimented on than I care to remember so I'm here for you if you need a shoulder to lean on.

You sound like my twin. Very Happy

Thanks. I may take you up on that sometime. thumb

Please do! And I mean that. I find that it helps to talk about stuff. I've been thinking about joining a group at U of L for people with Chronic Illness and Pain just to have others to chat with about it. I am always looking for ways to deal with it in a positive way. If you'd like to chat on IM I'll send you my nicknames. I've got goggle talk, Skype, AIM and Yahoo.

PS I've always dreamed of having a twin. lol. Drinkers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Luck Doc Holiday   Good Luck Doc Holiday I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Luck Doc Holiday
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next