The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say it ain't so Joe!!! ha ha ha ha

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Say it ain't so Joe!!! ha ha ha ha Empty
PostSubject: Say it ain't so Joe!!! ha ha ha ha   Say it ain't so Joe!!! ha ha ha ha I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Seems that Joe the Plumber has finally seen the light. What a difference a year can make. It was fun while he was being used and was in the spotlight but now that the republicans have nothing left to exploit, he's no longer their poster child for middle America. On to the next sucker and they are not in short supply! Poor Joe, I almost feel sorry for him but there is hope for him now. Maybe his story will get out more and people will realize that the republican party really doesn't care about middle class people unless they can use them to further their own political careers. king queen How many of you were shouting Joe's praises last year? Well, this is what he has to say about President Obama now. "Wurzelbacher also reportedly said that while he believes Obama's "ideaology" to be "un-American," he credits the president for being "one of the more honest politicians." Apparently more honest than the people he ruined his life to support.. No

"For one-time political icon Joe Wurzelbacher, reminders of his old campaign buddy Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) aren't exactly pleasant.

Some grapes turn more sour than others, it seems.

More commonly known as "Joe the Plumber" -- even though he held no such certification when McCain endowed him with the title -- Wurzelbacher has thrown a fair amount of hatred toward the Arizona politician and the Republican party as a whole since the 2008 presidential campaign ended. But it's his recent comments to Pennsylvania public radio that really take the cake.

"I don't owe John McCain shit," he said, according to reporter Scott Detrow. "He really screwed my life up, is how I look at it."

Since his star was launched during the final debate between McCain and then-Senator Obama, Wurzelbacher's fame has largely subsided in spite of his book and infrequent public endorsements of various politicians.

"Joe wants to buy the business that he's been in for all these years," McCain insisted during the debate. "Worked 10, 12 hours a day. And he wanted to buy the business, but he looked at your tax plan and he saw that he was going to pay much higher taxes."

President Obama cut taxes for what he called "95 percent of working families." According to a recent CBS poll, just 12 percent of voters knew this; among the tea parties, that percentage drops ten points.

Within days of Joe's political debut, it was revealed the non-plumber actually owed over $1,200 in back taxes and a lien had been placed against his home: an unfortunate reality that likely wouldn't have become widely known if he'd never met John McCain.

In retrospect, Wurzelbacher commented to Detrow, "McCain was trying to use me. I happened to be the face of middle Americans. It was a ploy."

Yet, when confronted with the fact that he's still trying to milk his image as that face of middle America -- even going so far as to autograph pieces of PVC pipe during a rally for Republican Sam Rohrer, who is running for governor of Pennsylvania -- Wurzelbacher seemingly bristled.

"Wurzelbacher says it's his duty to take advantage of the platform he's been given," Detrow wrote. "He wants to talk up the issues he cares about, and encourage the grassroots tea party movement."

Wurzelbacher also reportedly said that while he believes Obama's "ideaology" to be "un-American," he credits the president for being "one of the more honest politicians." "

Link to article
Back to top Go down

Say it ain't so Joe!!! ha ha ha ha
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Outpost Saloon :: The Outhouse :: Politics-
Jump to: