The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's Hear From You

Go down 
+2
Annie Oakley
Judge Roy Bean
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

Let's Hear From You Empty
PostSubject: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:35 pm

OK folks, the way I see it, this site belongs to all of the members. What I'd like from every member is to tell what they like or dislike about the site. What can be done to make it better for you? What suggestions would you like to make? What about the site do you think needs changing?
Please feel free to tell me anything you think would make your experience here at the Outpost Saloon better.

Last edited by Judge Roy Bean on Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:55 pm

I really love the "saloon" feel. Getting to know new posters is always fun and hanging out with old ones is good, too.

One thing I do wish that we had was an individual "new post" button. This button, that I have seen on other sites, takes you to the newest post that you haven't read in a thread that you have been following.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:26 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
This button, that I have seen on other sites, takes you to the newest post that you haven't read in a thread that you have been following.

We might be able to add that functionality. We'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:34 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
This button, that I have seen on other sites, takes you to the newest post that you haven't read in a thread that you have been following.

We might be able to add that functionality. We'll look into it.
I've been checking it out. As of now I'm not certain if I can, but I will continue to look into it.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:31 am

I have only been a member for a couple of days now but like what I am seeing and really have no complaints.
I don't know if there will be any high school sports forums......football, baketball, etc. when those seasons near or not but that is something that I do enjoy. My favorite lifestyle/passion I guess would be hunting and fishing. Again, I don't know how many others here enjoy the outdoor hunting and fishing lifestyle as well. I may and probably will start threads in this forum on various huntig/fishing topics just to see. Maybe if there is enough interest then we could have a forum on those.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:51 pm

The Drifter wrote:
I have only been a member for a couple of days now but like what I am seeing and really have no complaints.

I don't know if there will be any high school sports forums......football, baketball, etc. when those seasons near or not but that is something that I do enjoy. My favorite lifestyle/passion I guess would be hunting and fishing. Again, I don't know how many others here enjoy the outdoor hunting and fishing lifestyle as well. I may and probably will start threads in this forum on various huntig/fishing topics just to see. Maybe if there is enough interest then we could have a forum on those.

A hunting and fishing forum might be a great idea. Let's see how your threads catch on, and maybe we'll set it up.

As for high school discussion, since this is a nationwide forum, we don't anticipate getting into that type of forum. If you like high school sports, we reccomend you check out www.BluegrassPreps.com -- especialy if it's Kentucky high school sports that you follow. It truly is the very best forum on the Internet for high school sports discussion, and more. In fact, many of our members are also members there, and enjoy both sites.

I'm glad you are liking what you see so far here at the Outpost. We have some exciting new enhancements that we're nearly ready to announce; so be looking for those very soon! We're doing our best, with help from each of you, to make this the very best site that it can be. So keep the suggestions coming everyone!
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:46 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
One thing I do wish that we had was an individual "new post" button. This button, that I have seen on other sites, takes you to the newest post that you haven't read in a thread that you have been following.
OK, this has now been taken care of. It's a little different then most you may have seen as this one is to the left of the topic. It looks like this - Let's Hear From You Icon_t10
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:23 pm

Way to go Judge! Beer Toast
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Annie Oakley wrote:
OK, this has now been taken care of. It's a little different then most you may have seen as this one is to the left of the topic. It looks like this - Let's Hear From You Icon_t10

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:24 pm

I like what I see so far. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:06 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:

Welcome, SKINNYPIG!
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:06 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:

Welcome, SKINNYPIG!
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:46 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Welcome aboard Skinnypig! thumb
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:25 am

Welcome Skinny! Dive right in! Stir The Pot
Back to top Go down
Johnny Drama
Homesteader
Homesteader
Johnny Drama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 1:46 pm

How bout a "quick reply" feature?
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:57 pm

Johnny Drama wrote:
How bout a "quick reply" feature?
Done. Good suggestion!
Back to top Go down
Johnny Drama
Homesteader
Homesteader
Johnny Drama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:32 am

Nice addition.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Drama
Homesteader
Homesteader
Johnny Drama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:06 pm

Also, how about a "New Posts" feature. You can click that link and it will show you all of the threads with the latest posts.

Is that an option?
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:11 pm

Johnny Drama wrote:
Also, how about a "New Posts" feature. You can click that link and it will show you all of the threads with the latest posts.

Is that an option?
Actually, we have that feature. It's above "Last Posts" in the upper right on the main page listed as "View posts since last visit".
Back to top Go down
Johnny Drama
Homesteader
Homesteader
Johnny Drama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:03 am

I didn't see that. I'm blind, I guess. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Hear From You   Let's Hear From You I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Hear From You
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Outpost Saloon :: The Bar :: General Discussion-
Jump to: