The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brilliant idea, brilliant video!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Brilliant idea, brilliant video! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brilliant idea, brilliant video!   Brilliant idea, brilliant video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:54 am

Lucas McCain wrote:
Never mind if you think its twisted... The fact is Obama now holds all the records for debt and spending... Twist that fact.... Rolling Eyes

GOOD GOD LUCAS!
George W. Bush set the all time high in debt. When will people like you realize that Bush created this problem and Obama is trying to pull us out of the mess that he inherited. What would you suggest our President do to fix what Bush did? Just sit there and do nothing? If McCain had been elected, we would have had the debt we have no PLUS more debt from starting another war in Iran and God only knows what else. Please tell us what your solution would have been. I'm all ears. bigears
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant idea, brilliant video!   Brilliant idea, brilliant video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:06 pm

Wrong again Gringa....

Barack Obama has introduced his first budget as President for the 2010 fiscal year. While telling the American people that he plans to cut the deficit in half by the end of his term, Obama's budget projections call for 1.75 trillion in 2009, more than the last FIVE Bush deficits combined, and trillion dollar deficits through budget year 2012 which is the last year of his term. So much for telling the truth.

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/bush-deficit-vs-obama-deficit-in-pictures/
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant idea, brilliant video!   Brilliant idea, brilliant video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 1:02 pm

Obama is the biggest spender and has put us in more debt than all presidents (good and bad) combined...PERIOD.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant idea, brilliant video!   Brilliant idea, brilliant video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:47 pm

You guys both know better than to take personal shots at each other. You've both violated the rules.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant idea, brilliant video!   Brilliant idea, brilliant video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:56 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:
You guys both know better than to take personal shots at each other. You've both violated the rules.

I agree. I know I've violated the rules. I guess there is only so much I can take. When I am pushed into a corner, I'll come out swinging. That's just my personality. Since Lucas thinks that everything I say is total nonsense, I would be perfectly happy if he just left me alone. I really don't see the point of carrying on about it. It appears that instead of debating an issue, he's just trying to get a rise out of me (like another poster) and we end up not getting anywhere. This is part of the problem in this country. The division is deepening.

And my friend did want me to add this one last thing to this debate (even though you can't convince those who are already determined not to think outside their party lines).

Quote :
Okay, please inform the FAR RIGHT REVISIONIST to re-check his facts because if I recall right, the Bush Jr.-Cheney regime had the U.S. committing close to $1 trillion on wars/recoveries in Iraq and Afghanistan (pre-Obama), then had the Federal Reserve/U.S. Treasury authorized to bailout the banks, insurance companies (AIG, alone at $173 billion) and the automakers to the tune of over $600 billion (actually closer to $1 trillion overall committed when counting back-stop loans/guarantees, $200 billion to prop up Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and beefing up FDIC/FSLIC bank insurance funds, etc.), and later enacted those $600-$1,200 per individual/family tax refunds and 1 round of "economic stimulus" at something around $100 billion) -- so my tally would be something like $2.5 trillion and that's not counting beefing up Homeland Security post-9/11, etc. All this happened BEFORE Obama took office!

Now that Pres. Obama is taking a DAMN SIGHT more proactive, engaged approach to trying to fix the economy (with 1 round of economic stiumulus totaling $287 billion) and trying to fix healthcare (don't know the price tag yet??!!), how is it so WRONG to try to help the citizens of this country who have been so badly HOSED by rampant, unchecked DEREGULATION, CORPORATE WELFARE AND A WAVE OF WHITE-COLLAR CRIMINALITY and PREVIOUS-TO-CURRENT RAVENOUS WAR-TIME SPENDING STILL GOING IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN -- to actually rectify years of neglect and decay when it comes to the "social safety nets" of things like Medicare, infrastructure projects and other public works projects and aid for our citizens???!! I'd rather help the citizens of this country get back on their feet economically then hand $173 billion to AIG (to pay back $50 billion of that to foreign banks and on risky "derivative" investments at that!) or billions of dollars of NO-BID contracts going to a war profiteer like Halliburton.

Please tell the LOCK-STEPPER to take off his BLINDERS and start objectively looking at how our "representative" government began FAILING about a quarter-century or more ago when DEREGULATION of the basic economic structures of this country began! He's a myopic revisionist who only chooses to see what he wants to see and to find SCAPEGOATS in the people in this country who need the help the most.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant idea, brilliant video!   Brilliant idea, brilliant video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:40 pm

Bush spent like a mad man and put the country in a tremendous amount of debt... Never said he didn't.... Just pointing out that Obama has already out-spent the Bush era and increased the deficit five fold.... It CAN be argued as to how the money is spent(wasteful spending by both parties)etc... But it CAN NOT be argued that Obama is the biggest spender of all time... And "the friend" quoted forgot to include the reason for tons of the bail-out money... Failed liberal policy like sub-prime mortgages caused the housing mess and liberal backed unions were a big part of the auto industries problems... I agree that its fine to want to help the citizens but you have to do it with some fiscal responsibility.. He can talk all he wants about what happened a quarter of a century ago but it does nothing to help us now... Maybe we can get "the friend" to join... I would LOVE to debate him..... thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brilliant idea, brilliant video!   Brilliant idea, brilliant video! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brilliant idea, brilliant video!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2