The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Rep. Joe Wilson may have gotten himself into trouble when he yelled "You lie!" at President Obama during the address to the Joint Session of Congress, but it certainly seems that Democrats took his outburst to heart. Senate Finance negotiators went back to the table and rewrote the bill to ensure that not only would illegal immigrants be prevented from receiving government subsidies to buy insurance, but that they couldn't purchase insurance on the so-called exchanges even if they could pay for it in full. The plan also tightens the rules for some legal immigrants to qualify for government subsidies on the exchange. Both points have angered Latino lawmakers such as Rep. Luis Gutierrez and Senator Bob Menendez, a New Jersey Democrat, who are seeking to modify the provisions. Health policy experts say it makes absolutely no sense to prevent illegal immigrants from purchasing insurance, since taxpayers end up covering the costs anyway when the undocumented inevitably go to the emergency rooms to get their medical care. But with almost all politicians afraid of being painted as soft on illegal immigration, it's hard to see enough lawmakers supporting scaling back the provisions.

Who wrote that? I think it's stupid that the illegals can't even buy insurance at full price. Illegals were already unable to get the reform plan anyway. Just more wasted time trying to water down bills to appease the paranoid. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 7:23 pm

And I think it's stupid that illegals are here in the first place....
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:15 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
And I think it's stupid that illegals are here in the first place....

Tell that to the native Americans... Too bad they didn't kick us all out, huh?

You didn't answer my question. Who wrote that?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:29 am

Ole Joe was right.... The left is still trying to sneak in the illegals... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/27/liberals-seek-health-care-access-illegals/
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:39 pm

And at the end of the day, Ole Joe is still classless.
Back to top Go down
Ja'far
Wrangler
Wrangler
Ja'far

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:49 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
Ole Joe was right.... The left is still trying to sneak in the illegals... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/27/liberals-seek-health-care-access-illegals/

How does this make Obama a liar?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:49 am

At first the loop holes to allow the illegals was in the bill.. When Wilson said you lie,the loop holes were removed.... Now they are trying to get them back in..

Rep. Joe Wilson may have gotten himself into trouble when he yelled "You lie!" at President Obama during the address to the Joint Session of Congress, but it certainly seems that Democrats took his outburst to heart. Senate Finance negotiators went back to the table and rewrote the bill to ensure that not only would illegal immigrants be prevented from receiving government subsidies to buy insurance, but that they couldn't purchase insurance on the so-called exchanges even if they could pay for it in full. The plan also tightens the rules for some legal immigrants to qualify for government subsidies on the exchange. Both points have angered Latino lawmakers such as Rep. Luis Gutierrez and Senator Bob Menendez, a New Jersey Democrat, who are seeking to modify the provisions. Health policy experts say it makes absolutely no sense to prevent illegal immigrants from purchasing insurance, since taxpayers end up covering the costs anyway when the undocumented inevitably go to the emergency rooms to get their medical care. But with almost all politicians afraid of being painted as soft on illegal immigration, it's hard to see enough lawmakers supporting scaling back the provisions.
Back to top Go down
Ja'far
Wrangler
Wrangler
Ja'far

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:35 am

How is purchasing insurance in full with no subsidy a loophole? I don't see any reason why this should even be addressed unless you are a died in the wool partisan.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:41 am

I'm more died in the wool anti-illegal than partisan... The simplest answer to your question would be that the more people that enroll, the higher the cost for everyone... The more enrollees there are, there's more that needs to be subsidized. Therefore, taxes are going to be higher, and costs higher to those doing the subsidizing.
Back to top Go down
Ja'far
Wrangler
Wrangler
Ja'far

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:04 pm

Since we are talking about purchasing insurance on the exchange, not receiving subsidies, more consumers would equate to more competition, which has beneficial effects. Furthermore, increasing the number of premiums entering an insurance pool would mean, well, a larger pool, thus more profits or lower premiums for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:38 pm

The tax payers have to subsidize the lower rate.. more people higher cost... But who's to say until we see a final plan... Till then most all is speculation...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Ja'far wrote:
Since we are talking about purchasing insurance on the exchange, not receiving subsidies, more consumers would equate to more competition, which has beneficial effects. Furthermore, increasing the number of premiums entering an insurance pool would mean, well, a larger pool, thus more profits or lower premiums for everyone.

And for those who believe that capitalism is the only way to go... it seems that a little competition wouldn't hurt anyone. It's the American way. Grin
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:04 pm

More competition would be great.. That's why insurance should be able to compete in all states instead of each state just having a couple of choices... But the privates would be put out of business by a government plan because they can subsidize the lower cost with tax payer money.. Thus no competition..
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
At first the loop holes to allow the illegals was in the bill.. When Wilson said you lie,the loop holes were removed.... Now they are trying to get them back in..

And of course there's the little matter of the hypocrisy of Wilson previously voting for a bill that gave money to hospitals for treating illegals. I'd have been much more comfortable with someone like McCain making such as statement, but alas...McCain would never be so classless.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:29 am

Classless: Yes
Hypocritical:Maybe
Correct: Absolutely
Back to top Go down
Ja'far
Wrangler
Wrangler
Ja'far

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:49 pm

Ja'far wrote:
How is purchasing insurance in full with no subsidy a loophole?

?
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:23 am

It really comes down to if there is a government option or not... If so, even if the illegals pay the max for the plan it will drive up the cost because you are adding millions of more people to the plan subsidized by the feds..
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:58 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
It really comes down to if there is a government option or not... If so, even if the illegals pay the max for the plan it will drive up the cost because you are adding millions of more people to the plan subsidized by the feds..

How much will our country save without the billions of dollars in bankruptcies every year from medical bills? It will balance out and in the long run will be cheaper for us all plus we will have a healthier, happier country.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 5:08 pm

Looks like Wilson was right... Obama still trying to sneak in coverage for illegals.. http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/27/health.care.immigrants/index.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003   Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oppsie....Rep. Wilson voted for illegal immigrants to receive federal funds for health care in 2003
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2