The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

High School Football

Go down 
+3
Annie Oakley
The Drifter
Ms. Kitty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ms. Kitty
Homesteader
Homesteader
Ms. Kitty

High  School Football Empty
PostSubject: High School Football   High  School Football I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:33 am

I CANNOT wait until it's time for the Friday Night Lights to come back on. I so miss watching all of our local high schools battling it out on the gridiron. Anyone want to discuss their favorite team or predictions for the upcoming season? I am from Northern Kentucky. My loyalties lay with Newport Central Catholic. Should be a great season!
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: High School Football   High  School Football I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:28 am

^ I cannot wait on high school football. I am a huge fan and alum of Raceland (Class A). Raceland is coming of a great (12-1) season in which they were ranked #1 in class A before a heartbreaking loss to LCA in the regional final. Huge graduation losses at Raceland from last season will hurt but imo they will be better than some are expecting this season. There was alot of underclassmen that got some very valuble playing time/experience last year. Raceland had most of their games blown out and decided by half last year and the jr. varsity/freshman kids got a lot of varsity experience.

Overall in Class A, the road to a championship seems to always go through Beechwood. I look for Beechwood as a favorite again along with LCA. They (LCA) will be absolutely loaded. As a matter of fact, I will go on and pick LCA to win the State A championship.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: High School Football   High  School Football I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 2:53 pm

There is absolutely nothing like high school football. We have a new coach this year and quite a few kids out to play. I'm lookning soooooooo forward to the season!
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: High School Football   High  School Football I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:41 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
There is absolutely nothing like high school football. We have a new coach this year and quite a few kids out to play. I'm lookning soooooooo forward to the season!
I certainly agree thumb . Who (what school) are you talking about? ..................and good luck in advance.

Heck, High School football is much better than politics...... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: High School Football   High  School Football I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 10:51 pm

Trimble County...we only went 4-7 last year, but went 7-4 and 7-5 the two previous years. We only lost five to graduation this past year, so I am hopeful. Our new coach is really interested in building our program from the ground up.

Drifter, I agree. Football beats politics anyday!
Back to top Go down
Ms. Kitty
Homesteader
Homesteader
Ms. Kitty

PostSubject: Re: High School Football   High  School Football I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:58 pm

Well, I will be rooting for both Trimble and Raceland then! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: High School Football   High  School Football I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:19 pm

Ms. Kitty wrote:
Well, I will be rooting for both Trimble and Raceland then! Thanks for sharing!

I know who you'll be rooting for! Ride
Back to top Go down
Mrs PurpleHaze
Homesteader
Homesteader
Mrs PurpleHaze

PostSubject: Re: High School Football   High  School Football I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:33 pm

We can't wait here either.....Time for the weather to get cold (which you all know I love), seeing friends that you, for some reason, only see during this time of year, and just the excitement for the young men and coaches!
Back to top Go down
Slayer
Homesteader
Homesteader
Slayer

PostSubject: Re: High School Football   High  School Football I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 6:54 pm

Lets go Admiral's...

The Ads are going to be scary good this year...And best of all things are quiet outside the program this year...People are saying Danville has lost it's swagger...I'm here to say the Swagger is going to be like a Dagger...
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: High School Football   High  School Football I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:10 pm

Slayer wrote:
Lets go Admiral's...

The Ads are going to be scary good this year...And best of all things are quiet outside the program this year...People are saying Danville has lost it's swagger...I'm here to say the Swagger is going to be like a Dagger...

You know that I'll always root for the Ads. thumb

Guess what...TC has 40 players! I'm not sure that we've ever had that many. Some quality ones, too. Good senior leadership at the moment...I'm excited!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: High School Football   High  School Football I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:26 am

Slayer wrote:
Lets go Admiral's...

Give them some of your swagger Laughing Laughing

Here's good luck to some of my favorite teams....of course first on my list is and always will be THE BOYLE COUNTY REBELS...GO REBELS... Then the Admirals..but only because some of my best pals root for them. GO HIGHLANDS..cause two of my best buds love that team...GO RACELAND...cause one of the nicest men roots for them.....

Here's hoping that all the young men who go out on those fields this year have a safe and fun season!!!!!!

Good GRAVY...what was I thinking...GO BOWLING GREEN!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High School Football   High  School Football I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High School Football
Page 1 of 1