The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Record Store Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Slayer
Homesteader
Homesteader
Slayer

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:18 pm

Today is record store day...

I went to CD Central in Lexington today...Got some great limited edition vinyl today... santa
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:12 pm

So, what did you get?
Back to top Go down
Slayer
Homesteader
Homesteader
Slayer

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:31 am

Doc Holiday wrote:
So, what did you get?

As soon as I get off work today...I will post... :!:
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:49 am

Slayer wrote:

I went to CD Central in Lexington today...Got some great limited edition vinyl today... santa
Did a certain guy some of us know as "Jim" go with you?
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:21 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Slayer wrote:

Yeah, and where the hell is he anyway?

Btw, Judge - That other guy we're waiting for will be coming in on the next stage from Michigan. So be on the lookout in the sports forum for a great new addition to the Saloonies! Basketball
Back to top Go down
Slayer
Homesteader
Homesteader
Slayer

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:08 am

Doc Holiday wrote:
So, what did you get?

I ended up with...
My Morning Jacket CelebraciĆ³n de la Ciudad Natal
Hank III album Straight to Hell
El Grupo Nuevo de Omar Rodriguez Lopez...
Bonnie Prince Billy/I see Darkness...
Slayer - Psychopathy Red Limited Edition 7 inch!Two Copys...Thanks Jim for locking them up for me...

Freebies...

Record Store Day LP/Free with purchase of $50 or more/Promotion Copy...
The section quartet/45 RPM/998/1200...
The Spinto Band/45 RPM...
Kings of Leon/45 RPM...
Record Store Day CD Sampler/With 16 tunes...
Record Store Day CD/Full Pardon/Death Row Records...
A free Turntable Slipmat...
Back to top Go down
Slayer
Homesteader
Homesteader
Slayer

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:13 am

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Slayer wrote:

Yea Mr Schue met up with me...You know He was not going to miss this one... Smile
Back to top Go down
Slayer
Homesteader
Homesteader
Slayer

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:16 am

Doc Holiday wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Slayer wrote:

Yeah, and where the hell is he anyway?

Btw, Judge - That other guy we're waiting for will be coming in on the next stage from Michigan. So be on the lookout in the sports forum for a great new addition to the Saloonies! Basketball

The Guy has been very busy with work...He was in and out at Cd Central...
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:57 am

Slayer wrote:

Tell him we'd like him to stop in here for a frosty mug or two when he has time. Beer Toast
Back to top Go down
Slayer
Homesteader
Homesteader
Slayer

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:11 pm

Doc Holiday wrote:
Slayer wrote:

Tell him we'd like him to stop in here for a frosty mug or two when he has time. Beer Toast

Already Done... Beer Toast
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:53 pm

Slayer wrote:

Oh man. How I miss vinyl. I came so close to buying Pearl Jam's complete works in vinyl and somebody outbid me on ebay. I need to find a good record player. I miss the crackle and pop of vinyl. Looking at all the cool album art. Nothing like spinning the black circle!
Back to top Go down
Slayer
Homesteader
Homesteader
Slayer

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 6:49 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Slayer wrote:

Oh man. How I miss vinyl. I came so close to buying Pearl Jam's complete works in vinyl and somebody outbid me on ebay. I need to find a good record player. I miss the crackle and pop of vinyl. Looking at all the cool album art. Nothing like spinning the black circle!

What area do you live in?Finding a good turntable is not that hard to find...I have bought them from the Salvation Army to flea Malls to Record shops...The Crackle and pops of vinyl are cool at first when you get back into it...But then you start looking for nicer copys...And there is nothing like pulling out a fresh virgin Vinyl record...Good luck and if you have any questions at all let me know...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:15 am

Slayer wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Slayer wrote:

What area do you live in?Finding a good turntable is not that hard to find...I have bought them from the Salvation Army to flea Malls to Record shops...The Crackle and pops of vinyl are cool at first when you get back into it...But then you start looking for nicer copys...And there is nothing like pulling out a fresh virgin Vinyl record...Good luck and if you have any questions at all let me know...

What do you suggest? The last record player I bought ended up hurting some old albums I had and it broke my heart. I had an old Emerson Lake and Palmer album "Brain Salad Surgery", that it almost ruined! What a crime! Anyway, is there any places you know in particular where I can pick up a new good one? And are there any decent stores in the Louisville area that still sell Vinyl? I went to Ear Xtasy and it didn't have that big of a selection. I was disappointed. My mom and dad are going to give ma all of their old vinyl one of these days. I will treasure them!
Back to top Go down
Slayer
Homesteader
Homesteader
Slayer

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:07 am

gringaloca wrote:
Slayer wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Slayer wrote:

What do you suggest? The last record player I bought ended up hurting some old albums I had and it broke my heart. I had an old Emerson Lake and Palmer album "Brain Salad Surgery", that it almost ruined! What a crime! Anyway, is there any places you know in particular where I can pick up a new good one? And are there any decent stores in the Louisville area that still sell Vinyl? I went to Ear Xtasy and it didn't have that big of a selection. I was disappointed. My mom and dad are going to give ma all of their old vinyl one of these days. I will treasure them!

When was the last time you have been to Ear Xtacy? I bet they sell new TTs...THere is another real cool place there on Bardstown rd...In the Highlands called Highland Music...Small place with some great stuff...The cat that owns it is a strange dude...But he does have good records...He only sells clean records...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 5:33 pm

Slayer wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Slayer wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Slayer wrote:

When was the last time you have been to Ear Xtacy? I bet they sell new TTs...THere is another real cool place there on Bardstown rd...In the Highlands called Highland Music...Small place with some great stuff...The cat that owns it is a strange dude...But he does have good records...He only sells clean records...

I think I've been in there before. I love the highlands so I spend some time down there about once a month. I'll check it out for sure! Thanks man!
Back to top Go down
Slayer
Homesteader
Homesteader
Slayer

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 5:41 pm

gringaloca wrote:
Slayer wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Slayer wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Slayer wrote:

I think I've been in there before. I love the highlands so I spend some time down there about once a month. I'll check it out for sure! Thanks man!

Today A friend of mine came by with a Turntable his Dads girlfriend gave him...He had no use for it so he gave to me...What a guy...lol...The TT is a Denon DP-11 F...The research I came up on this baby is it was made in 1991 and sold for around $450...Just let everyone you know your into records and TTS...You would be surprised How many people will that stuff away...
Back to top Go down
Slayer
Homesteader
Homesteader
Slayer

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 7:09 pm

Slayer wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Slayer wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Slayer wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Slayer wrote:

Today A friend of mine came by with a Turntable his Dads girlfriend gave him...He had no use for it so he gave to me...What a guy...lol...The TT is a Denon DP-11 F...The research I came up on this baby is it was made in 1991 and sold for around $450...Just let everyone you know your into records and TTS...You would be surprised How many people will that stuff away...

Edit that...1981...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Record Store Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day   Record Store Day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record Store Day
Page 1 of 1