The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter

Go down 
+7
The Drifter
SKINNYPIG
Mongo
Audra Barkley
Annie Oakley
Lucas McCain
gringaloca
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter Empty
PostSubject: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporters?   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 3:58 am

Is it just me (I'm finding out that it's not) or are there an over abundance of white female sexified "news" reporters on Fox. I don't know what it is about Fox but it seems most of the men look like Ken dolls and a majority of the women look like former beauty pageant contestants showing LOTS of leg. queen It's weird that the conservative base looks to Fox News for their reporting when their ladies dress in such an non-conservative way. I guess it appeals to their audiences inner caveman. No wonder their numbers are high. rofl Maybe it's called Fox for a reason. Laughing Could the skirts get any shorter?

I mean COME ON! Sex sure does sell on Fox. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 6:37 am

Pretty and smart... My kind of women.. And they don't make up stories like Katie and the rest of the View bimbos... Like how stupid are those gals..
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:16 am

Those are some short skirts. It seems like the true religious right might have to look elsewhere for their news. Are these the "late night" shows or prime time?
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:47 am

Just watched the clips. I thought that maybe the main photos were just a random, accidental shoto, but wow! These skirts certainly wouldn't make dress code at my school. The one in th blue shirt...her skirt is all the way up to her...ummm....derrierre!

Usually I just "listen" to news shows as I read, browse online, or grade papers. But just now I looked up on FoxNews...and there we have it! Lots of leg.

Then I got to thinking...maybe it's how the show is set up. Most of the FoxNews segments have the whole body showing. On CNN, they have a closer shot, usually waist or midchest up.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:22 am

So now the left is the fashion police.. Sounds like a little jealously to me...
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:30 pm

It's not jealousy by any means. Good grief. I surely have nothing to be jealous of with those "ladies". You can be beautiful and intelligent without showing your behind on national tv. I really think I've found one of the main draws of Fox News with male watchers. Ding ding ding. And the jury is still out on whether or not all of these women are smart. Laughing It just seems a little odd that this is the "conservative" channel and you can see more T&A then on any other regular news program.
Back to top Go down
Audra Barkley
Homesteader
Homesteader
Audra Barkley

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:44 pm

This is the ONLY way to get conservatives to watch anything on TV. Facts and good reporting is lost on most of them.
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Katie ain't afraid to show what she's got..(which ain't much) Too bad she's such a bimbo..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEgROkrvzM4
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Lucas, What makes Katie a bimbo? She graduated from college, she became the first solo female anchor of the weekday evening news on one of the three traditional U.S. broadcast networks. After her husband died in 1998 from colon cancer she co-founded a non-profit organization for cancer research and education. She's worked hard for the money. She's done a lot of very good, meaningful reporting. Even having her colonoscopy televised for awareness since most of her viewers are the older generation. She is an goodwill ambassador for UNICEF. She's hardly a bimbo. Back when she was being very critical of Obama when he started his run for the presidency, republicans embraced her. It's funny how quickly people turned on her when she started asking Sarah Palin basic questions and Palin fumbled, Couric is suddenly the bad guy. Scratch Head
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:44 am

Maybe "bimbo" is a little harsh for Katie.. I guess the best way to describe her would be as a puppet for the liberal media.. She flip-flops any time her bosses tell her to.. No difference in her than the gals on Fox.... So why do you think the Fox girls, as you stated, are bimbos?? Fox News also has the largest female audience of the major news outlets..
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:03 am

Personally, I would no more hold one group to be "bimbos" than the other. I hate that word anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:53 am

Gringa, since you are the one attacking Fox women reporters calling them bimbos, then coming to the defense of Couric I can ONLY assume it’s because of political allegiance.

What makes Katie such a prominent upstanding journalist and all the Fox female reporters bimbos? Legs? Looks in general?

So Fox News kicks the butt of all the other news channels and the best the left can come up with is that it’s because they peddle sex? puke Weak!!
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:20 pm

My definition of a bimbo is someone who is attractive without a lot of brains to go along with...

These women are wrong all the time. I've seen many examples of them carrying on about something that was later proven to be totally false. And yes, sex does sell on Fox. If it didn't there wouldn't be so many tributes to sexy female fox news "reporters". I don't even consider them real reporters. I imagine that a few of them are about like Sarah Palin...started off their career as a weather girl or sportscaster or beauty pageant contestant. I've seen your one example of Katie with a skirt on that was obviously too high but the fox ladies take the cake in the sex kitten department. puke

It's also worth mentioning that the majority of their ladies are token females because all the "anchors" at fox news are men. Most of the time the ladies job is to sit around and look pretty and respond to what the men have to say. puke
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:45 pm

I wonder why no one hardly watches Katie.. Ranks last of the five main news outlets.. http://www.rankopedia.com/ZoneID=3/27300/Best_Current_American_News_Anchor/Step1/6661.htm
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
I wonder why no one hardly watches Katie.. Ranks last of the five main news outlets.. http://www.rankopedia.com/ZoneID=3/27300/Best_Current_American_News_Anchor/Step1/6661.htm

They were just talking about this the other night on the daily show. Katie appeals to a much older demographic. Who knows why her ratings aren't so great right now. I don't watch her show. Not because I dislike her, it just isn't on my list of must sees. I guess all journalists have their ups and downs. It's the nature of the beast. Maybe she should get breast implants since she doesn't have much to show (as was pointed out). Razz
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 pm

gringaloca wrote:
My definition of a bimbo is someone who is attractive without a lot of brains to go along with...
Here's an example of the Fox News "bimbos"...

Megyn Kelly of Fox News earned her undergraduate degree in political science from Syracuse University and her Juris Doctor from Albany Law School, where she was editor of the Albany Law Review. She was anattorney who practiced as a litigator with Jones Day, in New York City, Chicago andWashington, D.C., before leaving to pursue a career in journalism.
Before joining Fox News Channel, Kelly served as a general assignment reporter for ABC News affiliate WJLA-TV in Washington. During her tenure at WJLA, Kelly covered national and local stories of interest, including the 2004 presidential race and the D.C. sniper cases.

Laurie Dhue is a is a former Fox News Channel anchor from 2000-2008. Before working for FNC, she worked for CNN from 1990-1999 and MSNBC from 1999-2000. She also interned as a weekend morning anchor for WSB-TV in Atlanta and did the occasional weekend edition of Today for NBC. Dhue graduated with a political science degree from the University of North Carolina. According to CNN's profile, Dhue was an Academic All-American on the North Carolina swim team.

Linda Vester was working on the Fox News Channel with her own talk show, "Dayside with Linda Vester", but is now on maternity leave. She joined the Fox News Channel in 1999 but later left to look after her children. She has a BA degree from Boston University in Journalism. She also earned an honors diploma from the Sorbonne in France and was a Fulbright Scholar of Middle East affairs based in Egypt and she speaks fluent Farsi.

Jane Skinner is a daytime news presenter on Fox News Channel. Skinner received her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from Northwestern University. Her father is former White House Chief of Staff Sam Skinner. Skinner began her career as a political correspondent for KBJR in Duluth, Minnesota. She joined Fox News as a general reporter from WNBC-TV in New York City. Previous to that she worked at WITI in Milwaukee where she was an anchor on the evening news. She has also been a general assignment reporter for KMOV in St. Louis and WCSH in Portland, Maine. She also had a very famous blooper.

Lauren Green serves as a religion correspondent for FOX News Channel's (FNC). Prior to this, Green served as a news anchor for "FOX & Friends," where she provided daily news updates for the irreverent morning program.
Prior to joining FNC in 1996, Green served as a weekend news anchor and correspondent at WBBM-TV (CBS) in Chicago. From 1988 to 1993, she was a general assignment reporter at KSTP-TV (ABC) in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Outside of her career at FNC, Green is well known as a concert pianist with a degree in piano performance from The University of Minnesota. She has interviewed some of the most prominent people in the classical music world including Placido Domingo, Pierre Boulez, Joshua Bell and has covered such events as the Van Cliburn International Piano Competition and opening night of The Metropolitan Opera. Green has given several solo recitals and performed in small ensembles. In 2004, she released her debut CD, "Classic Beauty."

Rebecca Diamond is co-host of Fox business TV show Happy Hour. Rebecca Diamond graduated from the University of Maryland, College Park, where she majored in Broadcast Journalism. She was born in San Jose, California. On October 11, 2008, she married Brett Diamond, CEO of a telecom consulting firm. She was previously known as Rebecca Gomez. She joined Fox News as a news update anchor when the network was launched in 1996. Rebecca Diamond previously worked as an anchor/reporter for Lifetime Television and as a business writer for The Associated Press. She also worked as a reporter/anchor for local affiliate television stations in McAllen, Texas; Phoenix, Arizona; and San Diego, California.

Alisyn Camerota joined Fox News Channel in February, 1998 as a correspondent for the Boston bureau. Before joining Fox, Camerota worked at a number of different stations, including WHDH in Boston, WTTG in Washington D.C., and for Fox's national program, America's Most Wanted. She’s a graduate of American University (Washington, D.C.) with a degree in Broadcast Journalism with a minor in criminal justice. Began career at Koppel Communications, where she worked on Ted Koppel's prime-time documentaries.

Rudi Bakhtiar joined FOX News Channel as a general correspondent in January 2006, and held that role until July 2007. Prior to joining FNC, Bakhtiar worked for nine years at CNN, joining the network in 1996. During her time at the network, she held multiple positions, including anchoring on the CNN's spin-off network, Headline News, and as a co-anchor of CNN Newsroom, a 30-minute commercial free news program designed for use in the classroom. Throughout her cable news career, she has reported on assignments from numerous countries, in addition to anchoring the start of coverage of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Prior to working as a news anchor, Bakhtiar worked as a sales rep for a pharmaceutical company. She attended the University of California, Los Angeles, where she received a Bachelor of Science in biology, planning to be a dentist; she was accepted to New York University Dental School, but had reservations about going to dental school. In addition, she studied architecture at the Career Discovery Program at the Harvard School of Design.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 6:16 pm

Half those women aren't even at fox anymore but do you see a common thread here? If you want to work on FOX and be a woman, you either have to be hot or were grandfathered in like Greta.

What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter Alisyn10

Alisyn

What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter Lauren10

Lauren

What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter Laurie10[img]

Laurie

What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter Megan_10

Megan

What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter Rudi10

Rudi

Rupert knows what his older male audience wants to see. puke rofl
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 6:34 pm

So they are beautiful AND smart.. Just can't see why some people have a problem with it..
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Don't hate us cause we're beautiful. Laughing

What's wrong with being hot?
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:31 pm

I WANT EQUITY!!!!!!!! Where are the hot male TV reporters? Laughing Why is it only the women?
Back to top Go down
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Wolfe Blitzer??? Wink
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:48 pm

SKINNYPIG wrote:
Wolfe Blitzer??? Wink

Mad Don't do that to me! Laughing Actually, he was going to be first on my list of being the antithesis of what I was looking for.

However, I think that he's a pretty good reporter, so I guess he can stay.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:26 pm

Some of the women reporters that some are referring to on Fox News are accomplished lawyers that know full well what they are talking about. Fox News disturbs some beacause they (Fox) report all sides of the story and not just the left wing soicialist views or that of the main stream (one in the same in most cases razz2 ). Fox News does not bend over to kiss up to the liberals point of view like all others do, that is what others cannot deal with.
As for the great looking women on Fox.....Yes, ther are several on that network that are very nice looking but they also are very knowledgeable on the subjects/stories they cover.
Now, I must say that when compared on looks to most of the women on NBC/MSNBC, main stream news and other left wing only programming and women like Oprah, Whoopie, Joy Behar,Katie Couric, Meridith the cheesy game show host, Barbara Walters and the like just about anything would be nice looking and a class act. Fox beats them on looks, brains and class. Laughing

I heard that the Cable news ratings came out again this week and Fox was rated way higher than NBC-MSNBC/CNN-headline news and a couple of other COMBINED. Ride rofl
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:28 pm

Lucas McCain wrote:
So they are beautiful AND smart.. Just can't see why some people have a problem with it..
thumb Me either. Grin
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter   What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:31 pm

Mongo wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
Here's an example of the Fox News "bimbos"...

Megyn Kelly of Fox News earned her undergraduate degree in political science from Syracuse University and her Juris Doctor from Albany Law School, where she was editor of the Albany Law Review. She was anattorney who practiced as a litigator with Jones Day, in New York City, Chicago andWashington, D.C., before leaving to pursue a career in journalism.
Before joining Fox News Channel, Kelly served as a general assignment reporter for ABC News affiliate WJLA-TV in Washington. During her tenure at WJLA, Kelly covered national and local stories of interest, including the 2004 presidential race and the D.C. sniper cases.

Laurie Dhue is a is a former Fox News Channel anchor from 2000-2008. Before working for FNC, she worked for CNN from 1990-1999 and MSNBC from 1999-2000. She also interned as a weekend morning anchor for WSB-TV in Atlanta and did the occasional weekend edition of Today for NBC. Dhue graduated with a political science degree from the University of North Carolina. According to CNN's profile, Dhue was an Academic All-American on the North Carolina swim team.

Linda Vester was working on the Fox News Channel with her own talk show, "Dayside with Linda Vester", but is now on maternity leave. She joined the Fox News Channel in 1999 but later left to look after her children. She has a BA degree from Boston University in Journalism. She also earned an honors diploma from the Sorbonne in France and was a Fulbright Scholar of Middle East affairs based in Egypt and she speaks fluent Farsi.

Jane Skinner is a daytime news presenter on Fox News Channel. Skinner received her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from Northwestern University. Her father is former White House Chief of Staff Sam Skinner. Skinner began her career as a political correspondent for KBJR in Duluth, Minnesota. She joined Fox News as a general reporter from WNBC-TV in New York City. Previous to that she worked at WITI in Milwaukee where she was an anchor on the evening news. She has also been a general assignment reporter for KMOV in St. Louis and WCSH in Portland, Maine. She also had a very famous blooper.

Lauren Green serves as a religion correspondent for FOX News Channel's (FNC). Prior to this, Green served as a news anchor for "FOX & Friends," where she provided daily news updates for the irreverent morning program.
Prior to joining FNC in 1996, Green served as a weekend news anchor and correspondent at WBBM-TV (CBS) in Chicago. From 1988 to 1993, she was a general assignment reporter at KSTP-TV (ABC) in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Outside of her career at FNC, Green is well known as a concert pianist with a degree in piano performance from The University of Minnesota. She has interviewed some of the most prominent people in the classical music world including Placido Domingo, Pierre Boulez, Joshua Bell and has covered such events as the Van Cliburn International Piano Competition and opening night of The Metropolitan Opera. Green has given several solo recitals and performed in small ensembles. In 2004, she released her debut CD, "Classic Beauty."

Rebecca Diamond is co-host of Fox business TV show Happy Hour. Rebecca Diamond graduated from the University of Maryland, College Park, where she majored in Broadcast Journalism. She was born in San Jose, California. On October 11, 2008, she married Brett Diamond, CEO of a telecom consulting firm. She was previously known as Rebecca Gomez. She joined Fox News as a news update anchor when the network was launched in 1996. Rebecca Diamond previously worked as an anchor/reporter for Lifetime Television and as a business writer for The Associated Press. She also worked as a reporter/anchor for local affiliate television stations in McAllen, Texas; Phoenix, Arizona; and San Diego, California.

Alisyn Camerota joined Fox News Channel in February, 1998 as a correspondent for the Boston bureau. Before joining Fox, Camerota worked at a number of different stations, including WHDH in Boston, WTTG in Washington D.C., and for Fox's national program, America's Most Wanted. She’s a graduate of American University (Washington, D.C.) with a degree in Broadcast Journalism with a minor in criminal justice. Began career at Koppel Communications, where she worked on Ted Koppel's prime-time documentaries.

Rudi Bakhtiar joined FOX News Channel as a general correspondent in January 2006, and held that role until July 2007. Prior to joining FNC, Bakhtiar worked for nine years at CNN, joining the network in 1996. During her time at the network, she held multiple positions, including anchoring on the CNN's spin-off network, Headline News, and as a co-anchor of CNN Newsroom, a 30-minute commercial free news program designed for use in the classroom. Throughout her cable news career, she has reported on assignments from numerous countries, in addition to anchoring the start of coverage of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Prior to working as a news anchor, Bakhtiar worked as a sales rep for a pharmaceutical company. She attended the University of California, Los Angeles, where she received a Bachelor of Science in biology, planning to be a dentist; she was accepted to New York University Dental School, but had reservations about going to dental school. In addition, she studied architecture at the Career Discovery Program at the Harvard School of Design.
Thank you Mongo.... thumb . That was my points exactly in an above post.
Back to top Go down

What is up with Fox News and all the sexified bimbo reporter
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next