The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hmmm, it's not so crazy now is it Fox, Rush et al ???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

Hmmm, it's not so crazy now is it Fox, Rush et al ??? Empty
PostSubject: Hmmm, it's not so crazy now is it Fox, Rush et al ???   Hmmm, it's not so crazy now is it Fox, Rush et al ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:48 pm

Quote :
Remember when people like Holy Joe Scarborough and just about everybody at Fox News claimed the DHS report warning of right-wing political violence was a political attack on conservatives? After yesterday, even Shep Smith is taking on the wingers. (When is he going to step up to the plate and quit Fox, by the way?)

Link

Ain't so funny now is it Joe? Evil or Very Mad Talk about classless morons...
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm, it's not so crazy now is it Fox, Rush et al ???   Hmmm, it's not so crazy now is it Fox, Rush et al ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:53 pm

One nut case? Hmmm, if it was a longtime liberal democrat that went of his rocker, would the media claim it's left-wing radical hate groups? Somehow I'm doubting that.
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
SKINNYPIG
Wrangler
Wrangler
SKINNYPIG

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm, it's not so crazy now is it Fox, Rush et al ???   Hmmm, it's not so crazy now is it Fox, Rush et al ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:52 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
One nut case? Hmmm, if it was a longtime liberal democrat that went of his rocker, would the media claim it's left-wing radical hate groups? Somehow I'm doubting that.

Your post is the first time I've heard the words "left-wing radical". Radical, hate, bigot and other ugly words are 99.9% of the time reserved for democrats to sling to the right.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm, it's not so crazy now is it Fox, Rush et al ???   Hmmm, it's not so crazy now is it Fox, Rush et al ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:04 pm

I guess you guys haven't watched Fox lately. Laughing I've heard them talk about left wing crazies many times and that's just when I'm flipping through to get to another channel. Razz I just found out that there is a way to totally remove Fox from my channel list. Yipppeee! Duck!
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm, it's not so crazy now is it Fox, Rush et al ???   Hmmm, it's not so crazy now is it Fox, Rush et al ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:24 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:

And I just found something else about the DHS report. Did you know that the Bush Administration is the one who requested the report on right wing extremism? Big oppsies for Hannity and Dana Perino who said "If Bush had done that we would be having a very different conversation. It wouldn’t have taken a week to find it out. There would have been a special prosecutor. We would have had to come out and apologize." Once again, these guys didn't do their homework before they got their undies in a bunch.

They acted like Obama had jumped on making up a report about right wing wackos to scare the teabaggers...Boy, were they off.

Quote :
On the April 15 edition of MSNBC's Morning Joe, host Joe Scarborough distorted an April 7 intelligence assessment by the Department of Homeland Security to allege that the Obama administration is "specifically warning that veterans returning home from war, are to be feared -- that they could be right-wing extremists that want to launch terror attacks on America." In fact, the document, issued to law enforcement officials, warned of a possible resurgence among extremist groups that "will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to exploit their skills and knowledge derived from military training and combat." The assessment further stated: "The willingness of a small percentage of military personnel to join extremist groups during the 1990s because they were disgruntled, disillusioned, or suffering from the psychological effects of war is being replicated today." DHS cited a 2008 FBI report -- authored during the Bush administration -- as evidence that "some returning military veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have joined extremist groups."

On Morning Joe, Scarborough also said, "I just ask this question to my Democratic friends out there -- and I'm serious about this -- what would you have said if George Bush, [former Bush adviser] Karl Rove, and the head of Homeland Security had issued a report warning about left-wing radicals wanting to blow up America? ... [I]t is frightening." In fact, DHS did issue an assessment on January 26, concluding that "a number of emerging trends point to leftwing extremists maturing and expanding their cyber attack capabilities over the next decade with the aim of attacking targets in the United States." Indeed, in response to a similar claim by conservative radio host Roger Hedgecock, CNN homeland security correspondent Jeanne Meserve reported during the April 14 edition of Lou Dobbs Tonight: "In fact, in January, there was a warning about left-wing extremists. It was issued by the Obama administration but both reports were begun under President Bush."

In its April 7 assessment, DHS stated, "Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to rightwing extremists. DHS/I&A is concerned that rightwing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to boost their violent capabilities." As Media Matters for America has noted, in the July 2008 FBI report, titled "White Supremacist Recruitment of Military Personnel since 9/11," the FBI's Counterterrorism Division determined with "[h]igh confidence" that "[m]ilitary experience is found throughout the white supremacist extremist movement as the result of recruitment campaigns by extremist groups and self-recruitment by veterans sympathetic to white supremacist causes." The 2008 report further stated that a "review of FBI white supremacist extremist cases from October 2001 to May 2008 identified 203 individuals with confirmed or claimed military service active in the extremist movement at some time during the reporting period," and that "[a]ccording to FBI information, an estimated 19 veterans (approximately 9 percent of the 203) have verified or unverified service in the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan."

Article
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hmmm, it's not so crazy now is it Fox, Rush et al ???   Hmmm, it's not so crazy now is it Fox, Rush et al ??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hmmm, it's not so crazy now is it Fox, Rush et al ???
Page 1 of 1