The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n

Go down 
+2
Lucas McCain
gringaloca
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 12:29 pm

Here is yet another video I recommend watching:

Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:19 am

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
gringaloca wrote:
I'm sorry but I could only watch half the video. I have sat internet and I have a limit on how much I can download per day. It's crappy.
Anyway, that video was very interesting. Very eye opening. Those poor watermelons. Razz So, the AK is 20% less powerful when using that sort of ammo. What about other ammo? Is it still less powerful even using other kinds?
Was I correct about the other stuff? The main problem being that huge magazine? Isn't it more suited for warfare and shooting people because it's lighter and not as long and has more rounds? And even though it can be used somewhat in deer hunting, aren't there better hunting rifles suited for the purpose? I can understand someone wanting a certain gun for the history and to show people...go to the shooting range with but does it really serve a good purpose besides what it was originally built for....killing people? confused
You can get the 7.62 x 39 ammo in either full metal jacket or hollow point. You would want to use hollow point to hunt with. It's really pretty efficient killing white tail deer and hogs. Hunters have been very successful hunting deer with SKS rifles for years, they fire the same ammo.
Many states have limits on how many rounds a semi-auto can have for hunting, usually a five round magazine is OK. There are many semi-auto handguns that shoot 15 to 17 rounds and you can quickly change magazines. A lever action deer rifle can be fired about as quickly as a an AK, they fire 9 to 13 rounds.
Yes, you can make certain firearms fire repeatedly with a conversion kit, but not with any regularity or safety. A gun that shoots repeatedly when only intended to shoot once per trigger pull isn't something that's going to be accurate enough to hit the target before riding the weapon up toward the sky. This is why many military guns have a burst selector, it fires 3 rounds per trigger pull. Making a gun fully auto is also extremely illegal, but I realize criminals don't care about the law.
I actually own an AK, well an MAK 90 to be exact, same thing except it has no pistol grip or bayonet lug. They're a lot of fun to target shoot with! If you like to shoot, try one if possible, you'll have a blast (pun intended).

I've got a friend who has an arsenal of weapons. He made an entire room into a giant gun safe. It's amazing. I think the man owns more guns than the local gun shop sells. I've "tried on" several guns because I wanted to see what would suit me best. So far I like the way the lady smith feels in my hands. He thought I might like having a glock but I have kids in the house and I need something a little safer.
I'm not a gun hater. I just see that most of the crimes that take place in inner cities include the guns that are more of an assault type weapon. I know handguns are used in crime every day but when someone wants to go nuts and take out a lot of people in a short amount of time, they usually choose the the gun with the biggest clip so they don't have to reload so much. I think that people should have background checks, etc. before they can buy a weapon and it wouldn't hurt to do a psychology work up as well. I've heard that you can buy guns at gun shows without any sort of background check at all. It's frightening how easy it is for a nut to get their hands on some evil weapons.
Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:36 am

Thanks for posting all the videos Judge thumb . They are very informative, especially for those that are not familiar with guns and/or the definitions of the types of guns.

With all of the anti-gun bull crap that goes around that they (anti U.S. Constitution/2nd amendment) want people to believe it is good to know that some can find out the truth and that some within our present adminstraton don't want people to know the truth.
Again, great job! Flag thumb
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:38 am

The Drifter wrote:
Thanks for posting all the videos Judge thumb . They are very informative, especially for those that are not familiar with guns and/or the definitions of the types of guns.

With all of the anti-gun bull crap that goes around that they (anti U.S. Constitution/2nd amendment) want people to believe it is good to know that some can find out the truth and that some within our present adminstraton don't want people to know the truth.
Again, great job! Flag thumb

Who doesn't want people to know the truth? Link?
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:42 am

gringaloca wrote:
I've got a friend who has an arsenal of weapons. He made an entire room into a giant gun safe. It's amazing. I think the man owns more guns than the local gun shop sells. I've "tried on" several guns because I wanted to see what would suit me best. So far I like the way the lady smith feels in my hands. He thought I might like having a glock but I have kids in the house and I need something a little safer.
I'm not a gun hater. I just see that most of the crimes that take place in inner cities include the guns that are more of an assault type weapon. I know handguns are used in crime every day but when someone wants to go nuts and take out a lot of people in a short amount of time, they usually choose the the gun with the biggest clip so they don't have to reload so much. I think that people should have background checks, etc. before they can buy a weapon and it wouldn't hurt to do a psychology work up as well. I've heard that you can buy guns at gun shows without any sort of background check at all. It's frightening how easy it is for a nut to get their hands on some evil weapons.
I've seen you post positively about guns, so I know you're not a gun hater. The problem with crime in the inner city and the guns used is that the vast majority of those guns have been bought on the black market, stolen or bought from friends or family. It wouldn't really matter how many laws were passed, they'd still be able to get the guns they want and quite easily.

Here are some stats from the Bureau of Justice on firearms and crime:

In the 1997 interviews an estimated 9 percent of state prisoners and 2 percent of federal prisoners reported that they fired their weapon during the commission of the crime.
The data were obtained from personal interviews with a nationally representative sample of more than 18,000 state and federal prisoners, the largest survey of prison inmates sponsored by the federal government.

Among those who carried a firearm during the offense for which they were sent to prison, about 8 percent of the state and federal prisoners carried a military-style, semiautomatic weapon. These firearms included the UZI, Tec-9, and MAC-10 handguns, the AR-15, and AK-47 rifles and the "StreetSweeper" shotguns. Possession of these models which meet certain criteria as contained in the Federal statute can be unlawful. The firearm most favored by the inmates was a handgun, which was carried by more than 80 percent of the armed inmates.

Inmates serving time in state prisons during 1997 said they obtained their guns from the following sources in percentages:

• Purchased from a retail store 8.3%

• Purchased at a pawn shop 3.8%

• Purchased at a flea market 1.0%

• Purchased in a gun show 0.7%

• Obtained from friends or family 39.6%

• Got on the street/illegal source 39.2%

The percentage of inmates who bought their guns from a retail store fell from 21 percent in 1991, when the last such survey was conducted to 14 percent in 1997. At the same time the percentage who obtained their firearms from family or friends rose from 34 percent in 1991 to 40 percent in 1997.

Source
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:58 am

Interesting statistics.
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:07 am

And now, for everyone's entertainment...

Back to top Go down
The Drifter
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:07 pm

^ I remember that episode Judge...hilarious, All in the Family imo was one of the top 2 or 3 sit coms of all time.
Another comment on gun control by Archie was when Mike (meathead) and Gloria were giving him stats/numbers of people killed with handguns.....his reply as only Archie could was "would it make you feel better lil' girl if they had pushed thjem out of a window?" Fall Off Chair Laughing
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:14 pm

The Drifter wrote:
^ I remember that episode Judge...hilarious, All in the Family imo was one of the top 2 or 3 sit coms of all time.
Another comment on gun control by Archie was when Mike (meathead) and Gloria were giving him stats/numbers of people killed with handguns.....his reply as only Archie could was "would it make you feel better lil' girl if they had pushed thjem out of a window?" Fall Off Chair Laughing

Even though it was a comedy show, that is one of the best quotes concerning the whole gun debate. People that want to do others harm WILL do so, regardless of what devices that they have legal access to. Cain did not kill Abel with a gun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n   Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obama signs into law the right to carry loaded firearms in n
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2