The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best Concert You've Been To

Go down 
+12
Lin McAdam
Ja'far
gringaloca
Judge Roy Bean
Festus
Kgirl
John Reid
Annie Oakley
titletownclown
Doc Holiday
Slayer
Mongo
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

Best Concert You've Been To Empty
PostSubject: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Pink Floyd for me back in the '70s. Animals Tour to be exact, what a great show!

You?
Back to top Go down
Slayer
Homesteader
Homesteader
Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:53 pm

Metallica/And Justice for all/1989
Marilyn Manson/Antichrist Superstar/1997...
Pantera/Great Southern Trend Kill.../1997..

Slayer/99/03/At Bogarts...
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:20 pm

Welcome to the Outpost Slayer!! Wink

Last edited by Doc Holiday on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slayer
Homesteader
Homesteader
Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:57 pm

Thank You sir but I am Slayer Now....lol...
Back to top Go down
titletownclown

titletownclown

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:25 pm

Best would be a twelve way tie among the 12 Tom Petty concerts I've been to........... :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:21 pm

The most interesting for me was Motley Crue when I was 16. I have also been to lots of country concerts, my favorite being George Strait.
Back to top Go down
John Reid
Homesteader
Homesteader
John Reid

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:02 pm

Gaelic Storm, at the Dayton Celtic Festival
Back to top Go down
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 4:33 pm

John Reid wrote:
I've only listened to a little bit of Celtic music, but I like what I heard.
Back to top Go down
Kgirl
Kgirl

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:38 pm

John Reid wrote:
I love Celtic (ANYTHING) music, dancing, I can just think of Ireland and anything Celtic and smile. I've always known that I was a wee Irish lass...well maybe not wee and maybe not Irish but I am for sure a lass :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Festus
Festus

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:25 pm

Bruce Springsteen Born in the USA Tour. AWESOME! Rod Stewart...twice. Three Dog Night with the Louisville Orchestra. Probably the most unique, but definitely a rocking time! Neil Diamond when I had floor seats.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:15 pm

John Reid wrote:
You remind me of a guy I once knew named "Jim." Wink
Back to top Go down
Judge Roy Bean
Founder
Judge Roy Bean

Location : I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 6:31 pm

Festus wrote:
Bruce Springsteen Born in the USA Tour. AWESOME! Rod Stewart...twice. Three Dog Night with the Louisville Orchestra. Probably the most unique, but definitely a rocking time! Neil Diamond when I had floor seats.
You? Really? I never pictured you a Rod Stewert fan. 👅
Back to top Go down
https://outpostsaloon.forumotion.com
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:05 pm

Well, nothing will ever compare to Pink Floyd live. I was lucky enough to see them twice. I was too young to see them while Roger Waters was still with them which makes me sad but it was still totally amazing. I saw them during the Momentary Lapse of Reason and Division Bell tours. In response to Mongo, my mother saw the animals tour and she also said it was her favorite. Lots of floating animals I hear. I only witnessed the floating pig once. booo hooo. As far as somewhat current music... I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan and have seen them several times. We've traveled to Seattle to see them perform at Key Arena. I fell in love with the Seattle sound in 91. I'm also a big Led Zeppelin fan and got to see Robert Plant in concert and hope I might get the chance to see the reunion but I don't know if my bank account will cooperate. U2 is great live when it's in smaller venues and not overdone. I'm afraid they have got too big and it's starting to turn me off. They are great and I love their music but something about their mega-wealth/cancel third world debt stuff seems hypocritical to me. Oh and Rush is great in concert as well. My husband is a drummer so seeing Neil is like being near heaven to him. ha ha
Back to top Go down
Ja'far
Wrangler
Wrangler
Ja'far

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:26 am

Admittedly, I don't get to nearly as many concerts as I "plan" to, but I saw Muse a few years ago and they were stellar. I will be attending Bonnaroo this year, however.
Back to top Go down
gringaloca
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
gringaloca

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Ja'far wrote:
Admittedly, I don't get to nearly as many concerts as I "plan" to, but I saw Muse a few years ago and they were stellar. I will be attending Bonnaroo this year, however.

I love Muse. Would love to see them live. And would love to go to Bonnaroo. We wanted to go when Pearl Jam was headlining but my health kept me from going. Sad It's not a concert but we're actually thinking about trying Burning Man this year. We've talked about it for years and have never been able to because of the kiddos. I just wonder if my old bones can handle the burning desert but I'm willing to try.
Back to top Go down
Doc Holiday
Administrator
Doc Holiday

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:37 pm

I would give anything to see David Gilmour in a live concert. Who Me?
Back to top Go down
Lin McAdam

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:15 am

I went to a concert years ago At Music Hall with Louie Armstrong , Ella Fitzgerald , and Duke Ellington . Pure Heaven
Back to top Go down
Pat Garrett
Homesteader
Homesteader
Pat Garrett

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:15 am

The best concert I ever been to was George Benson back in the 1980s. It was at the old Fox Theater and he had the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra there. The songs he sung sounded just like his recordings.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Drama
Homesteader
Homesteader
Johnny Drama

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:26 pm

I've only been to two concerts. Both at Bogarts in Cincy. The first one was the best, it was Rise Against/Silverstein/Comeback Kid.

The second one was Atreyu and Haste the day. It was good, but not as good as the Rise Against concert.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Funkenstein
Homesteader
Homesteader
Dr. Funkenstein

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:46 pm

It may have been KISS on the reunion makeup tour. It felt like going back in time 20 years, only the band was better musicians than they were on "Alive" and "Alive II."

Other great ones include:

Any of the amazing V-Roys shows at the Southgate House
Pearl Jam on the "Yield" tour
Run DMC and The Beastie Boys on the "Together Forever" tour
Steve Earle and the E-Squared showcase at 328 Performance Hall in Nashville (about an eight-hour show -- Steve played about four hours of it)
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band on the reunion tour
North Mississippi All-Stars at Southgate House on the "Electric Blue Watermelon" tour
Drive-By Truckers any of the four or five times I've seen them
Back to top Go down
crazzycat

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:18 am

Chemical Brothers concert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Concert You've Been To   Best Concert You've Been To I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Concert You've Been To
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Outpost Saloon :: The Cabaret :: Music-
Jump to: