The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cap & Trade Tax

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Lew Morris
Homesteader
Homesteader
Mr. Lew Morris

Cap & Trade Tax Empty
PostSubject: Cap & Trade Tax   Cap & Trade Tax I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:40 pm

"(CNSNews.com) - The congressional Democrats’ cap-and-trade plan to tax carbon emissions could cost every American family as much as $3,100 a year and is equivalent to a “declaration of war on the Midwest,” Republican lawmakers told CNSNews.com this week.

But Democrats disputed the Republicans’ cost figure and said the plan can be accomplished without imposing a net cost on the American people.

In general, under cap and trade, the amount of carbon that energy producers emit is capped. They can exceed that cap through the purchase, i.e., “trade,” of carbon permits. The money for those permits would be collected by the government and presumably redistributed under a system still being crafted.

“The reality is the cap-and-trade legislation offered by the Democrats amounts to an economic declaration of war on the Midwest by liberals on Capitol Hill,” Chairman of the House Republican Conference Mike Pence (R-Ind.) told CNSNews.com.

“We are going to increase costs on every American with this plan -- and the other thing we need to keep in mind is the millions of American jobs we are going to put at risk if we impose this new tax on American industry when our competitors around the world will not,” House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) told CNSNews.com in a press conference on Thursday. “It’s pretty clear.”"

Of course, the average of $3100 includes those who will pay not taxes, so the rest of us will pay many times that $3100 amount.

.... and the GW hoax goes on and on. 10 years from now people will look back on this as the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people.
Back to top Go down
Annie Oakley
Annie Oakley

Cap & Trade Tax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cap & Trade Tax   Cap & Trade Tax I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:51 pm

Welcome to the site, Mr. Morris.

Please be sure to check out the Saloon rules, particularly #5, as regards posting links and quotes.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lew Morris
Homesteader
Homesteader
Mr. Lew Morris

Cap & Trade Tax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cap & Trade Tax   Cap & Trade Tax I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Annie Oakley wrote:
Welcome to the site, Mr. Morris.

Please be sure to check out the Saloon rules, particularly #5, as regards posting links and quotes.

Good Lord! Cool Shades
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cap & Trade Tax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cap & Trade Tax   Cap & Trade Tax I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cap & Trade Tax
Page 1 of 1