The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Next Supreme Court Nominee

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

The Next Supreme Court Nominee Empty
PostSubject: The Next Supreme Court Nominee   The Next Supreme Court Nominee I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:12 pm

I feel pretty sure that whoever Obama nominates for the SC seat will not make the GOP happy. Do you think the Senate GOP should filibuster the vote?

I am of the opinion that with the Dem's 59 seat majority that the GOP can fillibuster all it wants but ultimately Obama is going to get whomever he wants so I think a long drawn out fillibuster does not make sense and could possibly backfire from a PR standpoint. I would think the best option would be to put up a fight for a very short period of time to make sure the public is very aware of the GOP's opposition to the nomination and then just let the inevitable happen, kinda like with Sonyameyor (sp?).

Obviously this question is more directed conservatives on this board. The liberals would obviously say the GOP should just let the vote occur. Curious to see what people think.
Back to top Go down
Wyatt Earp
Wrangler
Wrangler
Wyatt Earp

The Next Supreme Court Nominee Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next Supreme Court Nominee   The Next Supreme Court Nominee I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:13 pm

Rumors are that the GOP's plan is to ask Ms Kagan pretty direct questions during the nomination process but not filibuster the vote.
Back to top Go down

The Next Supreme Court Nominee
Page 1 of 1