The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Manny To Serve 50-Game Suspension

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler

PostSubject: Manny To Serve 50-Game Suspension   Thu May 07, 2009 1:26 pm

Quote :
Major League Baseball announced Thursday that Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Manny Ramirez has been suspended for 50 games for violating its drug policy.

The commissioner's office didn't announce the specific violation by Ramirez, but in a statement Thursday provided by Major League Baseball, Ramirez attributed the violation to medication he had been prescribed by a doctor.

"Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me," Ramirez said. "Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsibility. I have been advised not to say anything more for now.

"I do want to say one other thing; I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past five seasons. I want to apologize to [Dodgers owner Frank] McCourt, Mrs. McCourt, [manager Joe] Torre, my teammates, the Dodger organization, and to the Dodger fans. LA is a special place to me and I know everybody is disappointed. So am I. I'm sorry about this whole situation."

Link
Back to top Go down

Manny To Serve 50-Game Suspension
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1