The Outpost Saloon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Outpost Saloon

A forum for sports, politics, general discussion and a variety of topics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greatest Since MJ: LeBron Lays Claim

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mongo
Wrangler
Wrangler
Mongo

Greatest Since MJ: LeBron Lays Claim Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Since MJ: LeBron Lays Claim   Greatest Since MJ: LeBron Lays Claim I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:41 am

Quote :
He was a half-hour late for his MVP coronation, which, in the broadest context, was infinitely excusable. Isn't LeBron James years ahead of his time? As he reminded us Monday afternoon during the ceremony, held at his request inside his old high school in Akron, Ohio, only six years have passed since he received his diploma on the same stage.

Now, aside from Tiger Woods, he arguably is the biggest athlete on the planet, positioned to make more money, win more championships, sell more sneakers, do more fun commercials, appear on more late-night TV shows and perform more good deeds than any basketball player who ever lived. That includes Michael Jordan, who didn't win his first NBA title until he was 28 and must be cringing as LeBron channels his Inner MJ to transform a fair supporting cast into his own staggering creation. Time was when we questioned whether James was tossed into the fire too quickly in life, if he'd buckle under the "Chosen One'' hype. Turns out he has blown away every expectation and hushed every doubt.

Link
Back to top Go down
Lucas McCain
Rancher
Rancher
Lucas McCain

Greatest Since MJ: LeBron Lays Claim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Since MJ: LeBron Lays Claim   Greatest Since MJ: LeBron Lays Claim I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:53 pm

I'll buy it.. Brings more to the table than Kobe...
Back to top Go down

Greatest Since MJ: LeBron Lays Claim
Page 1 of 1